Opinion Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Marshall, Hartlett, Williams
Out: Jones (inj), Gray (inj), Ladhams (omit)

Farrell sub.

In 2-3 weeks we could have Duursma in for Farrell, Fantasia for Williams and Clurey for Hartlett/Lienert. Just need to keep grinding out the wins.

In: Marshall, Hartlett, Williams
Out: Jones (inj), Gray (inj), Ladhams (omit)

Farrell sub.

In 2-3 weeks we could have Duursma in for Farrell, Fantasia for Williams and Clurey for Hartlett/Lienert. Just need to keep grinding out the wins.

Yes we are going to have to bring a defender in to replace Jones. I think Ken will go for experience and bring in Marshall and Hartlett. This is now a real danger game and not the time to blood newcomers. Sam Mayes is playing well in the SANFL and has had a couple of good AFL games this year so he could also be in the mix if they decide not to go with two ruckmen.

Williams is definitely a good prospect and worth a go in the future but I do not think this is the game to do it in.

Not sure where to put this? Due to the COVID outbreaks in Sydney shouldn’t the Swans start thinking about hopping on an Adelaide bound plane post haste.
I could possibly see this game being postponed.
The dogs are already in Perth for their Sunday clash against the WCE
You are a day late ... this was out last evening:

AFL Covid: Port Adelaide versus Sydney Swans game hinges on NSW case number

JON RALPH
  • NEWS CORP AUSTRALIA SPORTS NEWSROOM
  • 11:38PM JUNE 20, 2021
The Swans are considering fleeing to South Australia early to avoid a potential snap border closure ahead of Saturday night’s game against Port Adelaide. Although the AFL expects the Power-Swans clash to go ahead as planned at Adelaide Oval, the league and SA Health are continuing to monitor Sydney’s Covid outbreak. South Australia’s border remained open to NSW residents on Sunday night, shutting only to people from Sydney’s Waverley Council area on Saturday.

The Swans are preparing to fly to Adelaide early in the week if needed, but travel plans will depend on the border status and case numbers in Sydney. By Sunday night, the Bondi cluster was up to nine positives. The Swans are at this stage expected to be allowed into SA without enduring 60 hours of quarantine, unlike Collingwood and Geelong this month. But Sydney may need to undertake elevated protocols leading up to the match and arrange same-day return flights.

What if I was to tell you we never left the rabbit hole and the only time's he's been out of the team for years has been due to injury.
i would say we are ruining potential with rewarding mediocracy, but thats is Ken 101 so i shouldnt expect otherwise. Im pretty certain if Marshall was given 4 weeks in the SANFL his stats wouldnt change from being 10-15 disposals and a goal and a half a game, the reason why that is, is because he's allowed to cruise through and has never been challenged to be something better. If i were Ken i would say stay in the SANFL untill you are a better player, lets finally see if he's got what it takes to go another level or he just sooks it up.

When are we going to start hating on Mitch? I want to do it before it's cool.
your one of these kids that were never cool and never will be, to be cool is to do it not because you following others but because thats just what you want to do. A yuppy is a person with a false sense of coolness because he looked at what the latest trend is and went out the next day to be that trend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall gains absolutely nothing for his development by playing in the pissant league that is the SANFL. He only gets dropped if he can't get a touch at AFL level and if Ladhams is regularly kicking bags for the Maggies. He's a 22 year old key forward that has had significant personal and injury-related disruptions to his career thus far. You play him whenever you get the chance, or who else would you pick, Ladhams or a midget to play 3rd KPF? I'd take Todd every day of the week.

So it's possible we play the 186cm Williams as a marking target next to Ladhams crumbing. That'd be vintage Ken.
Honestly so long as we are pairing him with Charlie AND Marshall or Ladhams, I'm OK with that.

It gives us flexibility when Marshall, Ladhams or Dixon go into ruck as he can play tall or small.

Its better than trying to get Wines, Drew or Jones to do it.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to think about in terms of permutations...

If we win, and Geelong win, we are back in the top 4.

If we win, and Brisbane win, we are even on points from 3-5 (and potentially even 2-5), with only percentage separating us.

If we lose, just dont ******* lose for fu**s sake.

Swannies will be tough to beat.

Gray is an interesting one, watching him in front of me couple of weeks back I gotta say he was looking pretty slow, I wonder if we’d try Frederick up forward for pressure. We need to know ok straighter too this week.

I don’t want to look at the ladder if we lose, we are hanging on at the min.

You are a day late ... this was out last evening:

AFL Covid: Port Adelaide versus Sydney Swans game hinges on NSW case number

JON RALPH
  • NEWS CORP AUSTRALIA SPORTS NEWSROOM
  • 11:38PM JUNE 20, 2021
The Swans are considering fleeing to South Australia early to avoid a potential snap border closure ahead of Saturday night’s game against Port Adelaide. Although the AFL expects the Power-Swans clash to go ahead as planned at Adelaide Oval, the league and SA Health are continuing to monitor Sydney’s Covid outbreak. South Australia’s border remained open to NSW residents on Sunday night, shutting only to people from Sydney’s Waverley Council area on Saturday.

The Swans are preparing to fly to Adelaide early in the week if needed, but travel plans will depend on the border status and case numbers in Sydney. By Sunday night, the Bondi cluster was up to nine positives. The Swans are at this stage expected to be allowed into SA without enduring 60 hours of quarantine, unlike Collingwood and Geelong this month. But Sydney may need to undertake elevated protocols leading up to the match and arrange same-day return flights.

You can never be too sure what ****ed up directives SAhealth will out on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back