• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowest possession count of his career, there had to be something wrong. Looked dogshit and you’d expect him to thrive when the game was there to be won.
Oliver managed more disposals in the second half that trac did for the game even with the clamps on him, highly doubt we see a game like that from trac again.

He is far from the biggest reason we lost but my god Melksham literally offers nothing.

In 2019 he averaged 15.83 disposals, 1.25 goals and 1.17 goal assists per game. Pretty solid numbers in a terrible year for the club. I'll exclude 2020 stats as the games weren't full length, but in 2021 it was 8.92 disposals, 0.67 goals and 0.67 goal assists. This year after today he is 8 disposals, 0.3 goals and 0.3 goal assists per game.

Can Goody please explain why he is giving him a game? You'd rather a speculative 18 yr old than this s**t.

I never want to see Melksham again. Dunstan has done nothing with his chances and Weid and Brown just don't work together.

May and Langdon not there has shown they're two of our most important players. Hopefully Lingers back next week. The 4 smalls thing didn't work either. Problem.is Bedford was probably the pick of them.

Hopefully TMac and Lingers back in. Tomlinson surely comes in for May for a week. Would love Salem back but you'd think he plays a VFL game first yeah? How far is Harmes away? A bit to think about I guess..

Dunstan drove me nuts in the first half last week and will never be a polished user. However, he was far from our worst out there - I’d only drop him for team balance - he’ll offer more than Sauce Baker etc.
I thought Dunstan had some good moments linking up by hand along the wing when he first came on. He only played 55 minutes given he came on as the sub, and 2 kicks 10 hand passes shows he’s trying to play within his limitations. He had 5 score involvements in half a game, for a team that only had 21 scores for the entire game. I agree he wasn’t the worst out there.

I thought Dunstan had some good moments linking up by hand along the wing when he first came on. He only played 55 minutes given he came on as the sub, and 2 kicks 10 hand passes shows he’s trying to play within his limitations. He had 5 score involvements in half a game, for a team that only had 21 scores for the entire game. I agree he wasn’t the worst out there.

I dont think he was terrible yesterday either, but hes not sub material, sub needs to be someone with a bit more flexibility or pace.

Too hard to predict the ins and outs before seeing what happens at Casey today, in particular Hibberd, plus not knowing the status on Petty’s, Langdon’s or McDonald’s injuries.

I wouldn’t be against playing Gawn in the back half for significant time next week if Petty and McDonald are unavailable, and telling Lever to be a defence first. Lever and Tomlinson locking down with Gawn intercepting.

Jackson would have to play more first ruck (for God’s sake man use your wheels and stop hand passing one metre to a motionless team mate), but it also would leave a hole in the forward structure that Gawn and Jackson usually play - hence it’s very hard to make any predictions until the status of Petty and McDonald is clear.

Surely patience has run out with Melksham, I know mine has. From a veteran you don’t expect 25 touches, but you expect a consistent contest, getting to the right positions, and making something of limited opportunities. Melksham has given none of that in his games this year aside from one nice goal against North. If Bailey Laurie can have another solid game in the VFL I don’t think we lose anything playing him instead.

Part of the problem was that Goody slotted Spargo in on the wing. That meant our best kick into the F50 was missing, plus he’s way too short and not fit enough to link up the play. I was sitting on that wing and we just had no cohesion. I stand by the fact that it should have been Gus (although he was important in defence as the only HBF that knew how to spoil) or Baker.

Dunstan is frustratingly limited but we knew that. I’d rather have him playing Harmes’ role than Melksham and I don’t think we have anyone else who can do it.

Assuming Petracca, Langdon and McDonald are ok but Petty isn’t:

Out: May, Petty, Melksham, Weideman
In: Tomlinson, TMac, Laurie, Langdon

TMac in defence and go one shorter in the F50 as something isn’t working there and maybe we need to clear some space. If Petty is ok then leave Laurie out I guess.

I dont think he was terrible yesterday either, but hes not sub material, sub needs to be someone with a bit more flexibility or pace.
I agree - Dunstan’s an accumulator and needs time and volume of contests to have an impact.

If he’d been subbed on much later he’s not like Bedford or even Chandler who provide the tactical advantage of serious pace - especially compared to already tired opposition.

Easy to say in hindsight, but once McDonald was out I was keen for Tomlinson to be the sub before the game. Can play back, can plod up and down a wing. The team already knew they were experimenting with a wing so tactically Tomlinson could’ve come on if that was failing, and while I don’t expect them to predict both May and Petty getting in game injuries, no McDonald meant we were already in trouble should one of those two or Lever get injured.

I agree - he’s an accumulator and needs time and volume of contests to have an impact.

If he’d been subbed on much later he’s not like Bedford or even Chandler who provide the tactical advantage of serious pace - especially compared to already tired opposition.

Easy to say in hindsight, but once McDonald was out I was keen for Tomlinson to be the sub before the game. Can play back, can plod up and down a wing. The team already knew they were experimenting with a wing so tactically Tomlinson could’ve come on if that was failing, and while I don’t expect them to predict both May and Petty getting in game injuries, no McDonald meant we were already in trouble should one of those two or Lever get injured.
I wanted him as sub too like round 1 but can he play wing anymore? I haven’t watched much Casey, has he regained any pace since he went back down there

I wanted him as sub too like round 1 but can he play wing anymore? I haven’t watched much Casey, has he regained any pace since he went back down there
Tomlinson hasn’t played wing at all at Casey from what I’ve seen this year, pure defender, but surely he can remember how to do it as he trained the role for an entire season in 2020 and has always had endurance.

His knee might’ve robbed him of some agility, not that he was ever that agile, but he should still be able to straight line wing run fine.

Im sure he could have put in a shift on the wing mate. You don't forget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing Spargo as wingman yesterday was more Goody arrogance. Its bad enough we have to cover Bowser's height already without needing to have another midget down back trying to help out. Got what we deserved when May and Petty went off.

So many mind boggling moves.

Playing Spargo as wingman yesterday was more Goody arrogance. Its bad enough we have to cover Bowser's height already without needing to have another midget down back trying to help out. Got what we deserved when May and Petty went off.

So many mind boggling moves.
Despite Goodwin banging on about respecting the opposition, there were a few decisions that felt a bit like “We are so good this risk we are taking won’t matter”.

But if what this game does is bring some more genuine respect for the opposition in selection decisions and tactical planning, that’s a good thing.

You’d think they should have for each game a “What if we lose…” for each critical player, or “What if we aren’t getting what we need…” from someone playing their non-standard role, and put it in place quickly if that happens.

The “What if we lose May, Lever or Petty?” question should’ve shown pretty quick that options were limited if Dunstan was the sub. Maybe Petracca’s illness played a role in Dunstan being sub, if so, it could still be interpreted as being a bit disrespectful to go in to the game with a sick player and expect things to be OK.

None of this is the end of the world stuff, after 17 straight wins we are getting pretty critical of little slip ups.

Despite Goodwin banging on about respecting the opposition, there were a few decisions that felt a bit like “We are so good this risk we are taking won’t matter”.

But if what this game does is bring some more genuine respect for the opposition in selection decisions and tactical planning, that’s a good thing.

You’d think they should have for each game a “What if we lose…” for each critical player, or “What if we aren’t getting what we need…” from someone playing their non-standard role, and put it in place quickly if that happens.

The “What if we lose May, Lever or Petty?” question should’ve shown pretty quick that options were limited if Dunstan was the sub. Maybe Petracca’s illness played a role in Dunstan being sub, if so, it could still be interpreted as being a bit disrespectful to go in to the game with a sick player and expect things to be OK.

None of this is the end of the world stuff, after 17 straight wins we are getting pretty critical of little slip ups.
Yep hardly a big deal but this should be a good reset for the Any Given Sunday mindset. The podcast will be good listening this week I reckon.

Buddy out suspended should help cover the loss of May at least. Just hope Petty is okay, and Lingers can come back in. Weid out for Tmac too.

Desperately miss Salem and Langdon link up. Gives our opponent added confidence without them out there.
Likely Petty and May out next week. Luckily Buddy got himself suspended.
Hopefully some players, anyone! back from injury.
Outs ..you know who.
Possibly give Mitch B a run.
On a positive note thank heavens Goodwin took off that ridiculous beanie for the presser. It didnt suit him at all.
Burn it along with all those stupid theme outfits.
Unnecessary distraction.
He better not put on that blue freezer beanie against Collingwood. We'll lose for sure aka 2021.

Desperately miss Salem and Langdon link up. Gives our opponent added confidence without them out there.
Likely Petty and May out next week. Luckily Buddy got himself suspended.
Hopefully some players, anyone! back from injury.
Outs ..you know who.
Possibly give Mitch B a run.
On a positive note thank heavens Goodwin took off that ridiculous beanie for the presser. It didnt suit him at all.
Burn it along with all those stupid theme outfits.
Unnecessary distraction.
He better not put on that blue freezer beanie against Collingwood. We'll lose for sure aka 2021.

There is so many things you could have gone with to pick on Goody for this week and you chose a beanie? lol

There is so many things you could have gone with to pick on Goody for this week and you chose a beanie? lol
No intention of picking on Goodwin. He's done a fantastic job. Cant win every game . Key players out and Petracca sick on Sat morning. We were always going to drop one eventually. Freo got lucky.
North could have beaten us yesterday.
Admit it, Goodwin looked ridiculous in that beanie. Looked like a Broady boy in winter.

No intention of picking on Goodwin. He's done a fantastic job. Cant win every game . Key players out and Petracca sick on Sat morning. We were always going to drop one eventually. Freo got lucky.
North could have beaten us yesterday.
Admit it, Goodwin looked ridiculous in that beanie. Looked like a Broady boy in the seventies.

He wore it at training, who cares, didnt even wear it yesterday on the sidelines, ive got no idea what youre whinging about.

Franklin will appeal and get off ... 100% certainty.
He hit Cotchin twice in the head. Even the TV commentators couldnt help get him off.
Sydney will cop the 1 week especially with Melb having so many injuries.
They'll back themselves in without him. Its worked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back