• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, long time reader here thought I'd finally sign up. While I was disappointed with last weeks result I don't think there is any reason to panic as others have mentioned.. it's good to see we have a few players coming back and I think we'll be better of from the loss in the long run. Salem is a massive in, hopefully he doesn't need much time to settle in again.

I guess my biggest concern at the moment is our forward line set up, Weideman seems to be in and out of the side constantly and it's very difficult for him to have any real continuity.

Ben Brown in my opinion was one of the best performers in the GF so we know that when he is on he is in our best 22 but when he is not playing well he is a complete liability.. he doesn't tackle or offer any defensive pressure. On the weekend he only managed to mark the ball once which is really worrying. Sometimes I think it would be worth persevering with Weideman over him, from what I remember Weideman was playing quite well until Brown was brought back.

Either way I am sure the coaches will find the best solution! Go Dees

Would feel much more confident about this game at the SCG than the MCG. Smaller ground easier to defend, open spaces of the G suits the Swans game more than ours imo.
Why? Melbourne got pantsed by the Pies there about the same round of 2021 season. Last place we want to play the Swans.
If we can't beat the Swans on our home turf with Pickett Anb Spargo Fritsh we have problems.

Hi all, long time reader here thought I'd finally sign up. While I was disappointed with last weeks result I don't think there is any reason to panic as others have mentioned.. it's good to see we have a few players coming back and I think we'll be better of from the loss in the long run. Salem is a massive in, hopefully he doesn't need much time to settle in again.

I guess my biggest concern at the moment is our forward line set up, Weideman seems to be in and out of the side constantly and it's very difficult for him to have any real continuity.

Ben Brown in my opinion was one of the best performers in the GF so we know that when he is on he is in our best 22 but when he is not playing well he is a complete liability.. he doesn't tackle or offer any defensive pressure. On the weekend he only managed to mark the ball once which is really worrying. Sometimes I think it would be worth persevering with Weideman over him, from what I remember Weideman was playing quite well until Brown was brought back.

Either way I am sure the coaches will find the best solution! Go Dees
Agree except for Weideman. Have no idea how he's still even in consideration. Should be delisted

Agree except for Weideman. Have no idea how he's still even in consideration. Should be delisted
He has shown with an odd game that he is capable to kick a few snags. But it's the consistency or lack of it that is so frustrating. When he gets a string of games he's like 1 good game from 4 kind of strike rate. That's not good enough. I know JVR is raw still, but I'd nearly be picking him ahead of Weid from now on. Get some games into him. Even if he's not contributing a heap, can't be worse than what Weid offers most games. Bit like Laurie instead of Melksham. Melk has proved for 3 years now that he's cooked. If we are plunging into our depth, give Laurie a game ahead of Melk. Get some games into those two kids.

He has shown with an odd game that he is capable to kick a few snags. But it's the consistency or lack of it that is so frustrating. When he gets a string of games he's like 1 good game from 4 kind of strike rate. That's not good enough. I know JVR is raw still, but I'd nearly be picking him ahead of Weid from now on. Get some games into him. Even if he's not contributing a heap, can't be worse than what Weid offers most games. Bit like Laurie instead of Melksham. Melk has proved for 3 years now that he's cooked. If we are plunging into our depth, give Laurie a game ahead of Melk. Get some games into those two kids.
wholeheartedly agree.

James McDonald a chance to return this week, according to 7 News.
Would be a massive effort, considering he's been retired for the past decade.

Channel 7 just don't try anymore do they!? It's like they are resigned to the fact the next tv rights deal they are done for..
They were trying before that point?

Sucks for you guys that you are about to go on a 10 game losing streak but I am sure you will bounce back in 2023 :)
At 11-11 we should still sneak in. All good.

Shouldn't you be off prepping for the delayed Buddy hearing though? I've heard they're hearing submissions from anyone now, given the QCs couldn't come up with a precedent for why hitting someone in the face shouldn't lead to time off but they've already paid the 10k to appeal it.

Essendon would have still made the 8 with a very sad 10-12 season last year.
Melbourne"s good to go in Sept. Can do it from 8. Probably get a Mcg final in week one.
Watch out for a fully fit Rich or Bulldogs if one finishes 8. Likely to get home finals.

At 11-11 we should still sneak in. All good.

Shouldn't you be off prepping for the delayed Buddy hearing though? I've heard they're hearing submissions from anyone now, given the QCs couldn't come up with a precedent for why hitting someone in the face shouldn't lead to time off but they've already paid the 10k to appeal it.
It's a 4-word defence.

"But it was Cotchin"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to my sources- which, in the interests of transparency, are news sites on the Internet: Tomlinson will be the DIRECT replacement for Steven May.
Been playing "outstanding" football in the VFL, or so I'm told.

I never seen anyone slower in my life when he last got a game. Really hoping he can run again.

According to my sources- which, in the interests of transparency, are news sites on the Internet: Tomlinson will be the DIRECT replacement for Steven May.
Been playing "outstanding" football in the VFL, or so I'm told.

I never seen anyone slower in my life when he last got a game. Really hoping he can run again.
Has Usain Bolt trained with him in the last 10 weeks???

Man will be moving like a cruise ship

Cotch has done some pretty s**t things and gets looked after by the AFL. Remember the 2017 PF where he did something and got let off to play in the GF.

Or the time earlier in the year when he kicked Tex and got nothing and yet if roles were reversed Tex would've gotten weeks.

Buddy was robbed. Cotch is a protected species.

Cotch has done some pretty s**t things and gets looked after by the AFL. Remember the 2017 PF where he did something and got let off to play in the GF.

Or the time earlier in the year when he kicked Tex and got nothing and yet if roles were reversed Tex would've gotten weeks.

Buddy was robbed. Cotch is a protected species.

How was Buddy robbed? wtf? You can't put one on someones chin and expect to not get weeks even if you don't floor them.

Despite Goodwin banging on about respecting the opposition, there were a few decisions that felt a bit like “We are so good this risk we are taking won’t matter”.

But if what this game does is bring some more genuine respect for the opposition in selection decisions and tactical planning, that’s a good thing.

You’d think they should have for each game a “What if we lose…” for each critical player, or “What if we aren’t getting what we need…” from someone playing their non-standard role, and put it in place quickly if that happens.

The “What if we lose May, Lever or Petty?” question should’ve shown pretty quick that options were limited if Dunstan was the sub. Maybe Petracca’s illness played a role in Dunstan being sub, if so, it could still be interpreted as being a bit disrespectful to go in to the game with a sick player and expect things to be OK.

None of this is the end of the world stuff, after 17 straight wins we are getting pretty critical of little slip ups.
Agreed. There could also be an element of not wanting to show all of your cards upfront to a fellow contender.

How was Buddy robbed? wtf? You can't put one on someones chin and expect to not get weeks even if you don't floor them.

I also think the Media is not showing the footage just before the incident when Franklin initiates contact with Cotchin in the centre square, which is why we got this clash.

I don't really care enough to go hunting for that vision though to see if it is true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back