• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie 9 touches and a goal - can’t see him getting in off that. Presume they’d pick Chandler over him if one comes in

Standard Melksham game, if its good enough to get him in the side its good enough for Laurie.

Think your boy Chandler is more likely.

I love Chandler , but stop ******* round with borderline AFL/VFL level talent and play the kid with the far greater upside. Never a better week to see what he looks like than now. Might unearth a gun who can contribute for the rest of the season like Bowser last year.

I love Chandler , but stop ******* round with borderline AFL/VFL level talent and play the kid with the far greater upside. Never a better week to see what he looks like than now. Might unearth a gun like Bowser last year.
agree. sick of seeing the same average players run around. Play the ones who could be guns like Laurie, he's not gonna do any worse than what Melk delivers

Have the same feeling with JVR, Weideman is consistently putting up 0 goals, 5 touches at AFL level how much worse is JVR gonna go??? Even if it's bad it gives him something clear to work on which is important when Casey are winning every week and he's playing well so there's not much to directly fix. He has to be the Key forward replacement now.

I love Chandler , but stop ******* round with borderline AFL/VFL level talent and play the kid with the far greater upside. Never a better week to see what he looks like than now. Might unearth a gun who can contribute for the rest of the season like Bowser last year.
He's been playing as a forward though right? Where would he play

He's been playing as a forward though right? Where would he play

He's been playing forward and midfield in the VFL. You could use him as part of the rotation off the bench

We already have Bedford as part of the forward rotation though.

Yea, drop him also. Just cause im still yet to see him kick left footed. :p

Massive few weeks coming up, Sydney will seriously challenge, the Pies will want to knock us off, then Brisbane, would want to go 2-1 at least ideally. Go 3-0 and it really sets us up for a top 2 finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Salem comes straight back in and Petty is fit:

Out: Melkshambles, Weideman, May, Rivers, Dunstan (Bedford desperately unlucky, but goes back to sub for now)
In: Langdon, Tomlinson, McDonald, Harmes, Salem

FB: Bowey Tomlinson Lever
HB: Brayshaw Petty Salem
C: Jordon Viney Langdon
HF: Sparrow McDonald Neal-Bullen
FF: Fritsch Brown Pickett
RR: Gawn Oliver Petracca
IC: Hunt Jackson Harmes Spargo
Sub: Bedford

Awfully close to our best 22, with the obvious omission of May.

agree. sick of seeing the same average players run around. Play the ones who could be guns like Laurie, he's not gonna do any worse than what Melk delivers
There’s a process to these things. Agree on Melk but Chandler is young and hasn’t had much opportunity. Same deal with Bedford who looked good this weekend after a week and a half on the ground to settle

Our MO generally is that players coming off a break need a proper hit out to get match fitness.
Is it? Genuinely curious about this as I don’t remember this being the case aside from Lever’s ACL.

They've swung Tmac back mid-game, will be interesting to see if they prefer him over Tomlinson for that May position and stick with Weid and BBB up forward.

Tomlinson has been playing the May role at Casey though, being trusted with kick-ins and distribution out of the backline. Think they'll go with Tommo.

They've swung Tmac back mid-game, will be interesting to see if they prefer him over Tomlinson for that May position and stick with Weid and BBB up forward.

Tomlinson has been playing the May role at Casey though, being trusted with kick-ins and distribution out of the backline. Think they'll go with Tommo.
Doesn't make sense to play Tmac back. If a back goes down we're in the same position again. Tmac in for Weed and Tommo for May.

Last edited:
Is it? Genuinely curious about this as I don’t remember this being the case aside from Lever’s ACL.

I listen to the weekly injury updates from the conditioning staff and they're constantly saying "he'll need to come back through the VFL to get his match fitness up before being considered". Granted they're often fringe players as we've been lucky over the last 18 months not to have too many medium to long-term injuries to first 18 players, but Petty is an example of someone who is a lock but played VFL before being selected.

Maybe they'll bring Salem straight in but I think it's the right approach to get a game under his belt in the VFL. He's one of our best players when up and going but it's easy to envisage the possibility that he's rusty and in need of a run. We need him getting sharp and fit more than we need him to be rushed in to win a round 12 game IMO.

I think Salem will come straight back in. Seems we view the Rolls Royce's as above the frozen tundra.

Salem's knowledge of how we like to set up defensively makes up for his lack of fitness. Especially with May out we probably need some more directors back there other than just Lever.

Would feel much more confident about this game at the SCG than the MCG. Smaller ground easier to defend, open spaces of the G suits the Swans game more than ours imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back