Play Nice Changes Vs The Crows - Trolls banned

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Why wouldn't Mumford play?
He's 35, his knees and ankles are screwed, he cannot jump at the contest, and he's addicted to eating sausages. He only has so many games in him - 2 weeks in a row will have stretched him, he might not have a 3rd game, especially when the Dogs have the duo that they do.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's 35, his knees and ankles are screwed, he cannot jump at the contest, and he's addicted to eating sausages. He only has so many games in him - 2 weeks in a row will have stretched him, he might not have a 3rd game, especially when the Dogs have the duo that they do.

He’s been pretty important in the 2 wins though, right? Surely he squeezes out one more considering the history between the 2 sides.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
He’s been pretty important in the 2 wins though, right? Surely he squeezes out one more considering the history between the 2 sides.
Yes, no doubt he's been very important in those two wins. But better to swap a fresh ruck in than to go a week too long and carry him as a passenger. And I'd be concerned about a tired Mummy going up against a fresh Stef Martin plus Tim English.

Leon might agree with you, of course, because Mummy is a competitive beast and he will no doubt be fired up against the Doggies if he plays. We would never doubt Mummy's competitive spark, just his physical ability to drag himself to a third game in a row.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I want to see Bruhn return, didn't get a great run at it in Round 1 and is clearly too good for VFL level, even with the Dogs being a stronger side. The issue is I'm not sure who we'd drop (or who I'd want us to), Sydney win was genuinely a great team effort and it might not be great to disrupt that team make up

so many decisions, but for the first time all year I'm genuinely excited going into a game

Apr 30, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Am not sure how the defence can cope with the overhead power of Naughton, Bruce and English.

Perhaps Hogan can help out back there (becoming our own Liam Jones or Darcy Moore) or free up HH to go back.

We’ve got issues if even Buddy could take a couple of overhead marks against our defence.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
One change we need is an end to wasting time and energy on overt displays of the rivalry, such as who tosses the coin, and that sort of thing. It's a distraction we don't need.

Keep the focus strictly on the field and playing contested football. That's the best way to silence them.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
One change we need is an end to wasting time and energy on overt displays of the rivalry, such as who tosses the coin, and that sort of thing. It's a distraction we don't need.

Keep the focus strictly on the field and playing contested football. That's the best way to silence them.

Fly the flag and defend your mates for sure but concentrate on the game.

That was the difference between the win in 2019 and the loss in 2020.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Am not sure how the defence can cope with the overhead power of Naughton, Bruce and English.

Perhaps Hogan can help out back there (becoming our own Liam Jones or Darcy Moore) or free up HH to go back.

We’ve got issues if even Buddy could take a couple of overhead marks against our defence.
That’s a hard no on hogan playing in the backline

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
This should be a great road trip to Canberra.

We’re now setting a cracking pace.

Can the Dogs keep up with us?

41a0f533cc96b2cdc70fba5b93f7235d.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I'm glad that you guys have hit some form leading up to our clash. The rivalry is at its most healthy when both sides are up and about. I have a soft spot for GWS because I think the rivalry we have is great for both of our clubs and the league. It's awesome that we have two teams who genuinely do hate each other. I'm expecting to see plenty of fines but hopefully no suspensions and a close match.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Check out Phil’s latest podcast at 16 mins 30 sec for his analysis of our ECFL players vs Swans.

He says JH is “far too good” for the ECFL, but he needs “another 1-2 weeks re fitness”.

I see him as being likely vs Crows in R7 to get the in-game team connections working.

Our R9-11 is the toughest stretch of our season, so lets hope he can hit that at full tilt.

Bruhn being singled out for praise re Phil from the game, “too good” for ECFL.

The Hill vs Bruhn AFL selection decision remains a very welcome conundrum.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Check out Phil’s latest podcast at 16 mins 30 sec for his analysis of our ECFL players vs Swans.

He says JH is “far too good” for the ECFL, but he needs “another 1-2 weeks re fitness”.

I see him as being likely vs Crows in R7 to get the in-game team connections working.

Our R9-11 is the toughest stretch of our season, so lets hope he can hit that at full tilt.

Bruhn being singled out for praise re Phil from the game, “too good” for ECFL.

The Hill vs Bruhn AFL selection decision remains a very welcome conundrum.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d like both in the same team but not at the expense of a Daniels etc

I’m happy for bruhn to pile on pressure for another few weeks

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I reckon Hogan will be in next week as well.

To be honest I’d be disappointed in losing Idun. He has been developing well and he is enthusiastic as all hell.

Just trying to fit him in with Whitfield back is hard.

either Buckley or idun would be the ones to miss out and I’d have Buckley ahead as a back on form. I think Idun is developing nicely though and will get plenty more opportunities.

I had forgotten about Hogan,when he is match fit he needs to come in and I’d say that would mean Riccardi misses out as he is least experienced, although structurally I think Riccardi out of the square, Hogan as CHF and HH fighting it out for 3rd tall is the best mix. I just don’t think Riccardi has the consistency yet. Leon will prob play all 4 plus Briggs as resting ruck 🤦🏽‍♂️

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

To be honest I’d be disappointed in losing Idun. He has been developing well and he is enthusiastic as all hell.

Whitfield for Stone & keep Idun - Whitfield/Perryman split wing/HBF roles?

Hogan for who, though, if they go for the 4 talls as LC commented? Can push Finlayson to a wing role (where Buckley started the year), but it still squeezes someone out. Wouldn't like to lose Riccardi, but the most likely player to make way for Hogan.

Idun has been pretty impressive for a young KPD this year. Last year he looked pretty lost quite often but this year he is definitely understanding the flow of the game better.

Back