Preview Changes vs the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Our team changes remind of that scene from Walk Hard when Dewey Cox is in the hospital bed in rehab, 'we need more small forwards!' 'we need less small forwards!'.

Really seems like we tried to WC them, basically stay tall and out mark them all over the ground. It's like we didn't even plan for there to be any wind

6 talls in backline basically we completely nullified by the pathetic midfield performance and 0 pressure up the field with the 1 small forward system. The difference between StKilda and Sydney was the way they kicked it inside 50.

Brayshaw and Harmes injured at the same time, we really do have the shittest luck. If it was just one you'd say it was a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, time to start running blokes like Melksham, Salem, Bennell and Hannan through the midfield along with Trac, Oliver and Viney. Would love to finally see some creativity with the season on the line.

3 definitely out according to Burgess . Jones , Harmes and Brayshaw .

I’m actually excited to see what our midfield can look like without these blokes. Goody might be forced to play some new faces through there! (Or he might just play Trac, Viney and Clarry in there for 100% game time and bring in more key defenders)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hoping to see a big statement from Goodwin.... not holding my breath though.

Need Pickett, Hannan and ideally Hunt in for some speed and pressure.

OMac will be out surely and hopefully Smith too but not sure how that will work with the team balance and the forced changes (our balance was non existent last week anyway)

I’m actually excited to see what our midfield can look like without these blokes. Goody might be forced to play some new faces through there! (Or he might just play Trac, Viney and Clarry in there for 100% game time and bring in more key defenders)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He got it wrong v swans . I am starting to think the squad is looking tired . Lose this game and I think we are done .

He got it wrong v swans . I am starting to think the squad is looking tired . Lose this game and I think we are done .
They’ll be better tomorrow off no travel

Brayshaw and Harmes injured at the same time, we really do have the shittest luck. If it was just one you'd say it was a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, time to start running blokes like Melksham, Salem, Bennell and Hannan through the midfield along with Trac, Oliver and Viney. Would love to finally see some creativity with the season on the line.
Better off without them in 2020 tbh

Real shame that Jordon & Sparrow aren't available, just as Brayshaw, Jones & Harmes go out, but pleased Marty Hore is available for selection. I don't know if he has played scratchies or not, but seeing him listed as available, I'm bringing him in.

In: Hore, Bennell, Lockhart, Hibberd, TMac, AVB, Hunt

Out: Brayshaw, Harmes, Jones, OMac, Brown, Fritsch, Smith

My 22:

Hore, May, Lockhart
Hibberd, Lever, Rivers
Langdon, AVB, Salem
Tomlinson, Weidemann, Petracca
Spargo, TMac, Melksham
Gawn, Viney, Oliver

Interchange: ANB, JWags, Hunt, Bennell
Emerg: Smith, Jetta, Preuss, Hannan

Fit but not selected: CWags, Pickett, OMac, Brown, Baker, Bedford, Dunkley, Chandler, Bradtke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They definitely will be.

Just a shame as soon as there is any excuse to not perform, these pricks play on it.
Tbh I think we're just not that good. A middling side who could be better with more proactive coaching.

I remember listening to the radio after Joe Daniher returned and had some hype around him. Corne's contention was that Daniher should get traded because he's injury prone and bombers aren't near a premiership team. Some bomber supporter called in and was sure they were close and could get one in three years but only if keep Daniher. I couldn't be a radio host putting up with so many nuffies call in.

In: Baker, Bedford, Hibberd, Hunt, Pickett, Preuss, Vandenberg
Out: Brayshaw, Brown, harmes, Jones, OMac, Spargo, Wagner

Certainly a much quicker side at ground level.

I remember listening to the radio after Joe Daniher returned and had some hype around him. Corne's contention was that Daniher should get traded because he's injury prone and bombers aren't near a premiership team. Some bomber supporter called in and was sure they were close and could get one in three years but only if keep Daniher. I couldn't be a radio host putting up with so many nuffies call in.

Cornes wasn't wrong IMO, they are a middling side that needs a full rebuild if they want to challenge. If they start now they'll be able to contend with Merrett/McGrath/Parish in their prime.

In: Baker, Bedford, Hibberd, Hunt, Pickett, Preuss, Vandenberg
Out: Brayshaw, Brown, harmes, Jones, OMac, Spargo, Wagner

Certainly a much quicker side at ground level.

Cornes wasn't wrong IMO, they are a middling side that needs a full rebuild if they want to challenge. If they start now they'll be able to contend with Merrett/McGrath/Parish in their prime.
I get what bombers fans are saying it's a famous name he's an exciting player. Corne's point was that he's 27 at the start of next year and may not have much footy in him based on his body. Sell high while you can because bombers aint contending in 3 years. Makes sense to me but a tough decision from a fans point of view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back