Preview changes vs. the dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why Greenwood isn't in the side every week. He's a big bodied mid (although maybe not starting in the centre) who busts a gut, tackles hard, is versatile enough to chop out in the ruck and gives us a lot more flexibility. I feel like he's been really important whenever we've played well over the last two years. Plus he has a basketball background.

Basketball background? Who told you that?

Basketball background? Who told you that?
A number of modern commentators (to be fair, that number is probably 2) see a basketball background as the most important aspect of the modern day player's development. It's called the Pendlebury effect.
Hugh is our most basketballed commodity, and therefore should be playing. Although Finbarr also has the heritage to demonstrate the P.E.

Obvious observation is they are giving CCJ a run of games given he still has 2 years to run on his contract as currently he exceeds CCj on every metric. I expect he may be elevated later in the year when patience runs thin on CCJ unless they look at giving Goad a few games for experience? Greenwood also has goal sense which makes him another candidate to help out Larkey. but the potential forwards are pretty stacked with current offerings and i suspect looking at Duursmas start he looks ready made to have a lot of the same attributes of Greenwood already. add to that Sellers kicking the door down and the Comben possibilities/variables and Greenwood could find himself in the wilderness barring injury for some time.
* me is that true? We need to Jared Polec that contract asap

I'm not against having him in but I see the comments about him in the forward line / relief ruck and kind of shake my head. Our forward line has close to zero pressure in it already, adding a slow mid sized player without changing this dynamic takes it from bad to worse IMO.
Greenwood was one of the best tacklers and defensive mids in the comp when he came to us. And he hasn't lost that.

Concussion should be same as hammy. When you think you are ready wait one more week.
Not sure Chum is agile enough to play on any fre0 forward unless Tabanner Tabaner comes in.

Jy and Chum can come in next week v carltank. Chum to play on maggoos bruvver.

So.
Bergman for Goater
Sellers for ccj
Whiphi for lazz
Greenwood for Shiels but Greenwood on I/C.
Ford the sub.

Tucker lucky to stay. Maybe he has some inside knowledge of fre0 game plan. Just needs to do a hard tag on his opponent. Don't worry about getting a disposal.

Concussion should be same as hammy. When you think you are ready wait one more week.
Not sure Chum is agile enough to play on any fre0 forward unless Tabanner Tabaner comes in.

Jy and Chum can come in next week v carltank. Chum to play on maggoos bruvver.

So.
Bergman for Goater
Sellers for ccj
Whiphi for lazz
Greenwood for Shiels but Greenwood on I/C.
Ford the sub.

Tucker lucky to stay. Maybe he has some inside knowledge of fre0 game plan. Just needs to do a hard tag on his opponent. Don't worry about getting a disposal.
Charlie's had a rough run with injuries, but Chum is a bit harsh...
68c132bcb9fea75b72cc3f7e0ae8501f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Charlie's had a rough run with injuries, but Chum is a bit harsh...
68c132bcb9fea75b72cc3f7e0ae8501f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
He's chopped liver?..

My team for this week;

B: Bergman Pink McKercher
HB: Sheezel Dawson Ford
C: Scott Wardlaw Stephens
HF: Simpkin Larkey Duursma
FF: Zurhaar Sellers Curtis

F: Xerri LDU Powell

I: Stephenson Phillips Fisher Greenwood

Sub: Harvey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I would change for this week and I think we need to make quite a few changes down back because the crafty Freo small forwards worry me (Switkowski, Walters and Frederick)! Also, looks like Simpkin is back this week.

Bergman in for Goater
Hardeman in for Corr
Simpkin in for Lazz
Coops in for Curtis
Comben in for CCJ

B: Bergman Pink Hardeman
HB: Sheezel Dawson McKercher
C: Scott Wardlaw Stephens
HF: Simpkin Comben Duursma
FF: Zurhaar Larkey Harvey

F: Xerri LDU Powell

I: Stephenson Fisher Ford Tucker

Sub: Lazzaro

^Lol corr out but pink in

Try again

Sorry, I'm not buying in to your ridiculous biases.

Corr was very average last week and clearly not ready. Plus, I don't feel he has a match up this week. He certainly should not be going anywhere near Amiss nor could he be trusted on any of their small forwards.

Greenwood was one of the best tacklers and defensive mids in the comp when he came to us. And he hasn't lost that.
I agree. But he is slow and in a mid paced forward line that struggles to apply any pressure I can see why the match committee wouldn't be doing cartwheels about the idea of adding him to the mix as is.

Personally I'd happily have him in the 23 overall, I reckon we'd win more games with him than without him but it needs to be for the right mix and it needs to not strangle development of key players.

I feel much more confident knowing Jy is likely to be selected. Lazzaro can plus a much less important role and Jy can slide in his spot. Jy can actually help us get it from the inside to the outside.

Jy's about the best in that we can have. A quartet of Serong, Fyfe, Brayshaw and Young is a ******* two way machine. Still don't think Jy, LDU, Wardlaw and Powell/Lazzaro matches up, but there should be a bit less bleeding out of the centre and in transition. Need LDU to go nuclear again, in all likelihood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back