Preview changes vs. the dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsdownemoji:

Could be voice of the g type annoyance..
A lot of vanilla s**t in there. Disappointing from the lads, quite like the warlords choice though.
Be nice to see some more out there stuff from his mates, like some Norwegian black metal. Give us Mayhem - Chainsaw Gut * souva instead of bloody Coldplay. Jesus

Dont like McDonald and CCJ in. Would prefer Bergman and Sellers or Greenwood. Other than that its a strong team to put out there.

My best 23 for this year (No Logue and Goater)
B: Bergman Corr Dawson
HB: McKerchar Comben Fisher
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Simpkin Sellers Durrsma
F: Zuurhar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Stephenson Powell Stephens George
S: Phillips

This weeks 23
B: McDonald Corr Dawson
HB: McKerchar Pink Fisher
C: Tucker LDU Scott
HF: Simpkin CCJ Durrsma
F: Zuurhar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Stephenson Powell Stephens Lazzaro
S: Ford

Freo’s tall forwards are B grade at best.

Will give a decent indication of the level of our current KPD’s.

If they kick 6+ between them, then it’s going to be a long season.
My assessment of Freo's tall forwards.

Jye Amiss. Young, inexperienced and a freak in the sheets. He's a throw back to a different time. He refuses to do anything but kick drop punts - regardless of the angle. You'll laugh at the sheer weirdness of his kicking action - but pretty much every shot inside 50 sails through. He's not a huge guy but there is something about the way he doubles back, then leads hard straight at the ball carrier that makes you think of an old school 90s footballer. The kid can play.

Josh Treacy: If he wan't playing football he'd probably be doing time at Pentridge. He makes white line fever look like a relatively mild condition. Honestly, he looks like he goes out there to hurt people, which is a pretty ridiculous amount of confidence for a 21 year old. But can he play football? I hear your ask. Sometimes. Depends where his head is at. He might kick a goal or two but honestly, I prefer him being used as some kind of psychotic battering ram in the ruck.

Matt Taberner. How do I put this politely. If he showed up for training with the Frankston 3's, he probably wouldn't get a game.

who is that GIF

A lot of vanilla s**t in there. Disappointing from the lads, quite like the warlords choice though.
Be nice to see some more out there stuff from his mates, like some Norwegian black metal. Give us Mayhem - Chainsaw Gut * souva instead of bloody Coldplay. Jesus
Yeah - none of that lightweight Swedish death metal sh!t. Let's rip with the real deal!!!

Excited but nervous for this one. The Dockers will be tougher than I had previously thought... I'm almost more optimistic about the Carlton game, for some reason. Freo will arrive with a point to prove if they want this year to be a serious one.

Going to find out a lot about some of our players and the shape of this season's team over the next week or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d create a PR disaster, but Burzum’s Jesus Tod would also be amazing as a goal track.

Bit of early Emperor and Darkthrone would be cool for scaring the opposition too.

Recon Greenwood will be a late in for him. CJ is one of the gastro victims, and he's hardly a marathon runner normally, let alone after a week of gastro. One can hope anyway.
If I was CCJ, I’d s**t my pants. There aint no way, any player would 1. Tackle ya 2. Contest a mark. Look he’d probably still drop em but he would have a >1m radius of space at all times

This is the week that we find out how good we are.

I was thinking back to the GWS game, and I think every possible version of our side this year, whether it's the plucky 12-win version, or the miserable 2-win version, manages to lose that game by 5+ goals.

With Fremantle, unless they are genuinely a top-four side, we need to be winning this game. They are coming from Perth off a short break, they are ravaged by injury, and we match up decently on them. If we have improved at all this Summer, then we really can't lose this game.

If we lose this game, then it is suddenly very hard to find 7+ wins on the fixture.

This is the week that we find out how good we are.

I was thinking back to the GWS game, and I think every possible version of our side this year, whether it's the plucky 12-win version, or the miserable 2-win version, manages to lose that game by 5+ goals.

With Fremantle, unless they are genuinely a top-four side, we need to be winning this game. They are coming from Perth off a short break, they are ravaged by injury, and we match up decently on them. If we have improved at all this Summer, then we really can't lose this game.

If we lose this game, then it is suddenly very hard to find 7+ wins on the fixture.

I still find it hard to look past the trauma of recent years and see us realistically winning, and this match is going to be particularly crucial in changing that mindset. I think that's why I'm so nervous about the game. If we get smacked around like usual, it's going to affect my outlook on the season as a whole.

I do think that some wins will come from strange places this year, because that's just how footy is sometimes, but we NEED to start laying the foundation for beating decent teams right here. We are every chance. Show us.

Boring changes, but that mostly just means they were pretty standard ones to make. Clarko not giving old mate Shiels any favours is a tick.

I do feel uneasy seeing Silver right back in, but I get it. Welcome home to both our skippers (though a bit telling I had to rewrite this when I remembered Luke was co-captain).

I think once the dust settled on our opening clash, I'm glad we didn't make many changes. For one we don't really have much else available atm.

And GWS are the form side of the comp, had already played a game and we got them away etc. Currently they're out of our league, but Freo aren't, so let's see how we fare against the Doctors.

And I can say and a solid bit of info, Comben is being groomed to be the linchpin of the backline. As to why he's not playing I believe he lacks conditioning due to his injury.

I think once the dust settled on our opening clash, I'm glad we didn't make many changes. For one we don't really have much else available atm.

And GWS are the form side of the comp, had already played a game and we got them away etc. Currently they're out of our league, but Freo aren't, so let's see how we fare against the Doctors.

And I can say and a solid bit of info, Comben is being groomed to be the linchpin of the backline. As to why he's not playing I believe he lacks conditioning due to his injury.
Got a timeline on Chom? Assume he takes Pink's spot when he gets promoted.

Got a timeline on Chom? Assume he takes Pink's spot when he gets promoted.

Good question and one I cannot answer, but if we look at it, he smashed his leg in half rd 7 last season, so hasn't played much footy. We couldn't be or shouldn't be surprised if he plays a few VFL games before his return.
My comment was around you'd think we're playing the long game with Charlie.
We does the VFL start, is my question.

Good question and one I cannot answer, but if we look at it, he smashed his leg in half rd 7 last season, so hasn't played much footy. We couldn't be or shouldn't be surprised if he plays a few VFL games before his return.
Makes sense to give Chom 3 or 4 VFL games to get match fit and find his feet at CHB, we've waited so long for him to be injury free another few weeks isn't going to kill us.

Last edited:
Makes sense to give Chom 3 or 4 VFL games to get match fit and find his feet at CHB, we've waited so no for him to be injury free another few weeks isn't going to kill us.
Agree. Why the rush to get him back in? Its not as if we are going to win enough games to make us a definate finals propect. This is a marathon not a sprint so l think that after the bye is when we will start to see the real progress of the team. Players like Logue, Comben, Sellers, Bergman, George, Phillips, Powell, Harvey and others will get the opportunity to make a case for being a constant member of our on field playing team in the future..

VFL start this Friday but our game is ...Sat 23rd March North Melbourne vs. Northern Bullants, Arden Street Oval, 3:05PM

Our womens team game is at Whitten oval Sat 23rd March Western Bulldogs vs. North Melbourne, Whitten Oval, 12:05 PM

Makes sense to give Chom 3 or 4 VFL games to get match fit and find his feet at CHB, we've waited so long for him to be injury free another few weeks isn't going to kill us.
I third this. No point rushing him back, fitness, form, continuity and consistency. Get all those boxes ticked so he is cherry ripe for the ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back