Preview changes vs. the dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree that Treacy is a grafter. On our board we were chatting about how him taking on ruck duties brought him and his physicality into the game. He will bury at least one person next week,
If he finds himself in the middle against us on the weekend, let him know young Wardlaw is only a second year player. Ripe for the picking.

Here's what I'd like to see

B - Pink - Corr - Dawson
HB - McKercher - Comben - Sheezel

C - Scott - Phillips - Stephens

HF - Simpkin - Sellers - Zurhaar
F - Duursma - Larkey - Stephenson

R - Xerri - LDU - Wardlaw

I - Fisher - Curtis - Ford - Powell
S - Bergman

INS - Simpkin, Phillips, Bergman, Comben, Sellers
OUTS - Shiels, CCJ, Goater, Lazzaro, Tucker

Here's what I'd like to see

B - Pink - Corr - Dawson
HB - McKercher - Comben - Sheezel

C - Scott - Phillips - Stephens

HF - Simpkin - Sellers - Zurhaar
F - Duursma - Larkey - Stephenson

R - Xerri - LDU - Wardlaw

I - Fisher - Curtis - Ford - Powell
S - Bergman

INS - Simpkin, Phillips, Bergman, Comben, Sellers
OUTS - Shiels, CCJ, Goater, Lazzaro, Tucker
Really like this, but would have Bergman in for Corr. Lazzaro sub. Well balanced. Think we have to get games into Bergman, cool defender that has always looked at level when played. Loved his tackle on Degoey in practice match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tag on Serong would be nice too, but is anyone capable ? Scott ? Hurt him the other way ? Tucker ?
Don’t mind that idea at all.

His offensive output is 💩 so giving him a tagging/run-with role would slow the best opponent’s mid and might bring him into the game offensively.

He definitely has the tank to do it. Left foot, endurance and size.. BJ MKII?..

Based on this, I would've thought any and all of Sellers, Greenwood and Harvey are a chance:

Them 3 and Jy and Bergman should be the only 5 who are could come into contention for a spot in the side this week.
Everyone else can knuckle down and earn a spot.

Really like this, but would have Bergman in for Corr. Lazzaro sub. Well balanced. Think we have to get games into Bergman, cool defender that has always looked at level when played. Loved his tackle on Degoey in practice match.
Hm, I think he needs to stay for a few reasons, 1 in that if Comben does come in, it's his first game as a KPD and a lot to put on him without the experience of Corr. And if you take Corr out of this I just can't see who is going to be the voice down back organizing the others + I think Corr was just a bit sluggish after his interrupted pre-season and I reckon he will get better week to week - I think he just had a real mare on Sat, he was clearly frustrated with someone of his 1 on 1's and defensive losses and reckon he will will want to bounce back.

Bergman I agree, it's hard to find a spot for him atm even though I initially liked him in for Goater, but he lacks a little height and think we need to start giving the bigger bodies in Pink/Comben/Corr some time to gel. I think Bergman as a tactical sub to replace Sheezel/Kerch/Fisher releasing one of them up the ground (Sheez I wouldn't mind up the guts or up fwd a bit even for a qtr and a half or whenever we activate the sub) and know that we wont be losing any kicking/run from the back should he come on.

I don't understand why Greenwood isn't in the side every week. He's a big bodied mid (although maybe not starting in the centre) who busts a gut, tackles hard, is versatile enough to chop out in the ruck and gives us a lot more flexibility. I feel like he's been really important whenever we've played well over the last two years. Plus he has a basketball background.

I don't understand why Greenwood isn't in the side every week. He's a big bodied mid (although maybe not starting in the centre) who busts a gut, tackles hard, is versatile enough to chop out in the ruck and gives us a lot more flexibility. I feel like he's been really important whenever we've played well over the last two years. Plus he has a basketball background.
Obvious observation is they are giving CCJ a run of games given he still has 2 years to run on his contract as currently he exceeds CCj on every metric. I expect he may be elevated later in the year when patience runs thin on CCJ unless they look at giving Goad a few games for experience? Greenwood also has goal sense which makes him another candidate to help out Larkey. but the potential forwards are pretty stacked with current offerings and i suspect looking at Duursmas start he looks ready made to have a lot of the same attributes of Greenwood already. add to that Sellers kicking the door down and the Comben possibilities/variables and Greenwood could find himself in the wilderness barring injury for some time.

I'm not against having him in but I see the comments about him in the forward line / relief ruck and kind of shake my head. Our forward line has close to zero pressure in it already, adding a slow mid sized player without changing this dynamic takes it from bad to worse IMO.

I'm not against having him in but I see the comments about him in the forward line / relief ruck and kind of shake my head. Our forward line has close to zero pressure in it already, adding a slow mid sized player without changing this dynamic takes it from bad to worse IMO.
I would only be advocating a one on one swap for CCJ, at present we are severely disadvantaged for 20 mins in the quarter for a perceived benefit in the last 5 mins when CCJ can chop out X, a straight swap gets you a more versatile player that outpoints CCJ for the 20mins he is forward and given he has a little bit of goal sense possibly some scoreboard pressure. He actually applies tackling pressure and with his leap would be no worse late in the quarter for his chop out of X so the bad to worse argument is highly debatable, .

The only other place you could plonk a chop out ruckman would be in the backline and presently this is the most undermanned area on the ground for us and just got a lot worse with goater going down and likely will be unless we can get comben and/or logue back on the pitch. i have never seen Logue take on some ruckwork however Combin periodically takes a throw up. Dawson at 200cm could possibly take some bounces but i have seen zero of him and will leave this are for others that have seen him to comment, but throwing an inexperianced player into the mix against seasoned AFL ruckmen likely not the best of outcomes., ?

After those couple of contingencies it becomes very bare, would need to look at fast tracking Goad or taking a punt on Free, if X goes down presently we would be in a world of pain. then there is maley that really can only be considered a project for the next 2 years but given he kicked 6 goals in a diamond valley premiership could be a possibility down forward as well all tough surely others are in front of him with forward claims.

Last edited:
I reckon Xerri will play a beauty against Jackson. Thats half the battle won already.
Should legitimately physically bully him. question will be if Jackson gets him around the ground and when he pushes forward. X gives us a huge clearance and physical advantage though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back