Preview Changes vs the Eagles - Round 21, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Was 30k when I went to the Monday game v North. Expect a similar crowd next Monday.

Theyā€™ve been horrible lately, but a good start to stop any confidence and momentum building will be key.
I reckon a lot had to do with the weather that night, it was horrid!

That said, I just checked the weather (as I'd expected it to rain on the sat night) now they're forecasting an inch Monday too, after rain the 3 days leading up.

Expect a low scoring slog šŸ˜’

That's very debatable..

Gawn will be AA this year for a 5th time. Cox made 6.

Cox was an absolute beast in 06-09, before playing a bit more time forward and hitting the scoreboard later in his career. I obviously never saw farmer, and only vaguely remember Stynes.

Honestly reckon as dees fans on here we are a bit hard on some of our players at times. Gawn has competed against blokes like Goldstein, Grundy, Natinui and Mumford who, in most other generations would be the best ruck of their time. We probably get stuck into gawn because he gets rubbished by Stanley and Lycett and little bitches like that occasionally.

Cox is ahead now, but gawn is 29 and might still have another year or 2 at his peak, then may play more forward with Jackson coming through similar to Cox at the end of his career with Natinui.

be an interesting discussion when max hangs it up

some bold opinions in there :blush:

Well, Viney looks like he could be sidelined until the finals (suspension). I'd like to say he's a big loss, but

This is potentially a blessing in disguise. I'd love to see Lockhart in for him but more than likely we just go back to Harmes full time in the guts and Jordon, Hibbo or Jones come in. :(

This is potentially a blessing in disguise. I'd love to see Lockhart in for him but more than likely we just go back to Harmes full time in the guts and Jordon, Hibbo or Jones come in. :(
Give me Harmes playing a proper negating role in the middle over Viney every single day. Need a true defensive player next to Oliver and Petracca

Give me Harmes playing a proper negating role in the middle over Viney every single day. Need a true defensive player next to Oliver and Petracca

I agree been wanting Harmes back in the midfield for weeks now, I was just sad about the options we likely turn to to replace Viney.

I agree, I was just sad about the options we likely turn to to replace Viney.
I'm still in the bring Hibberd back, play Bowey in Salem's role and push Salem up the ground camp. Think we'd be miles more balanced that way.

I'm still in the bring Hibberd back, play Bowey in Salem's role and push Salem up the ground camp. Think we'd be miles more balanced that way.

Hibbo was horrible last week. I'd prefer Lockhart and move either Salem, Bowey or Rivers up field. The more blokes we get who can move above snails pace in this side the better.

Reckon Goody goes with ole faithful Hibbo over Lockhart though.

How that wasnā€™t paid contact below the knees to Viney before the incident is quite amazing. Deserves a week for the retaliation, might get 2 for the bad look of it.

Hibbo was horrible last week. I'd prefer Lockhart and move either Salem or Rivers up field. The more blokes we get who can move above snails pace in this side the better.

Reckon Goody goes with ole faithful Hibbo over Lockhart though.
I agree Hibberd was poor (and I like Lockhart), but I'm not sure it's wise, three weeks out from finals and playing for a top-four spot, to have two small defenders in the team that have played one game between them this year, especially with the lack of VFL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Hibberd was poor (and I like Lockhart), but I'm not sure it's wise, three weeks out from finals and playing for a top-four spot, to have two small defenders in the team that have played one game between them this year, especially with the lack of VFL games.

I give my idea * all chance of happening. Thinks it's a toss us between Hibbo and Jones. Just the feeling I get.

Viney has been a liability lately and I honestly think our midfield mix hasnā€™t been right since he came backā€¦ Might be a coincidence but felt like we had much better balance when he was out.

Could be a blessing in disguise.

For what its worth Melbourne backline 2018 Prelim final .. eagles v melb
CHB Frost
Full Back O/Mac +
Smith jetta lewis Hibberd
Absolute crap except for Hibberd but even he struggles to hold his place now.
Lever May Salem Petty Rivers Hunt.
Completely different class of defenders.
How did we make it so far with that backline..amazing.
Bring on r21 payback.
Jetta was an a grade defender at that point

Truth to the rumour Salem didn't travel to Perth (groin)? If so..

Out: Salem (inj), TMac (inj), Viney (sus)
In: Hibberd, Melksham, Jones

Yep, bring in the old boys. Get em up and about.

Truth to the rumour Salem didn't travel to Perth (groin)? If so..

Out: Salem (inj), TMac (inj), Viney (sus)
In: Hibberd, Melksham, Jones

Yep, bring in the old boys. Get em up and about.
Personally after our best pressure game of the year I'm not sure id be bringing in 3 30+ year olds.

I'd rather see Chandler Bedford and a couple others with that passion for defensive work

Speaking of Jones, I'd like him in for the Crows game, If he isn't part of our finals plans I'm not sure we'll get another chance to see him play.

I do think he deserves a chance to 'audition' for a spot in the finals teams as well.

Speaking of Jones, I'd like him in for the Crows game, If he isn't part of our finals plans I'm not sure we'll get another chance to see him play.

I do think he deserves a chance to 'audition' for a spot in the finals teams as well.
I still dream of Jones finding his way into the side again, hitting some form, and riding through to win a flag with us. Won't happen of course, but agree, in for the Crows game is a good move, was in good VFL form before being injured again recently.

I still dream of Jones finding his way into the side again, hitting some form, and riding through to win a flag with us. Won't happen of course, but agree, in for the Crows game is a good move, was in good VFL form before being injured again recently.

Yeah he looked good in that Essendon game, was moving really well, but it's hard to say whether he just fits into that gap of too good for VFL not good enough for AFL. Maybe he's spent the past couple of months on some magical training program that will set him up to find some form for the last month of the year. A man can dream. Either way he deserves a chance to prove he belongs in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back