Preview Changes vs the Giants (Rnd 3) - Unchanged

Remove this Banner Ad

Fritsch stays. His goalkicking is woeful, but at least he gives a marking target in attack. If he doesn't improve then Weid and Boner will push him out when they are fit.

Brayshaw is not a winger. But the selection committee is dumb, and would probably replace him with AVB so no real improvement anyway. Is Rosman up to it? He was drafted as a winger, right?

Hibberd for Hunt is a no-brainer if he is fit. He just does everything better.

OUT: Rivers & 1 x Jetta/Sparrow
IN: Hibberd & Melksham

Early nomination for worst post of the year..

Not only did River gather 21 disposals and provide great drive and rebound, he completely shut Dan Butler to just 8 disposal for the game.

Jetta also did his job by shutting Jack Higgins out of the game who's been in really good form over the summer.

Goodwin was praising the work of Jordon and Sparrow because the sacrificial role they're playing in the midfield which is the exact reason Oliver and Petracca have started the year off well.

Go in unchange unless there is an injury.

Yeah I'd back going unchanged. Maybe Hibberd for Hunt if the former is fully fit. Hunt was eh overall, but seemed better than round 1.
No one had a totally bad game which is refreshing Brayshaw looked slow v Gresham a couple of times but not alone in that regard (but probably should've done better), and overall has been solid enough the past couple of games to keep his spot.

I think if Hunt was on Butler then he stays in. Actually no changes I reckon.

There's nobody to replace him with but I thought Jackson got a lot wrong tonight. Hopefully just a bad day out because he's been good up until now.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but would probably lean towards dropping Rivers rather than Hunt off tonight's form.

I thought Rivers did well.

Everyone on the board and the pundits on the radio say Jackson is what allows Gawn to play well around the ground, but I agree he seemed to have a couple of big stuff ups, maybe more than Hunt. So as you say if his value is structural than he stays in since there is probably nobody else to take his role.

Doubt Jackson is going to improve playing in the VFL. Needs to adjust to the speed of the contest. Good chance he gets dropped when Brown and Weideman are fit but if that happens we have to be content with him stagnating.

Doubt Jackson is going to improve playing in the VFL. Needs to adjust to the speed of the contest. Good chance he gets dropped when Brown and Weideman are fit but if that happens we have to be content with him stagnating.
He'll definitely be better served playing in the AFL, as you've said, he needs to get used to the speed of the game etc, but I reckon he'd absolutely tear VFL games apart playing as the main ruckman, which would do wonders for his confidence

Fritsch's goalkicking technique is pretty good. I think the problem is where he takes his shots, he leads into the pockets 50-30 metres out. Often to the wrong side for a lefty. He has to be more central, then we'll see the goal kicking improve.

Fritsch's goalkicking technique is pretty good. I think the problem is where he takes his shots, he leads into the pockets 50-30 metres out. Often to the wrong side for a lefty. He has to be more central, then we'll see the goal kicking improve.
But if he starts leading to the spots that its easier to kick goals from, is he getting the same number of opportunities?

But if he starts leading to the spots that its easier to kick goals from, is he getting the same number of opportunities?
That may be true, but does he still kick more goals??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s marking or killing it in the pocket it also means the opposition isn’t rebounding as easily against us as they did a couple of years ago. So can tolerate it for now because we don’t have many other reliable I50 marks but when Brown/Weideman return he has to start kicking them or he’s done for.

Very little support for the inclusion of Majak I note. So nice to see a happy Mac. Please sign Carrie so I can once again sleep at night.

Even though the Giants look awful, I still don’t feel too confident, surely we’d be strong favourites right?

Be surprised if there’s any changes, perhaps Hibberd for Hunt, but I’m happy to give Hunt another few games otherwise.

Tipped against the dees the last two weeks, but might tip us for the first time this season this week.

Even though the Giants look awful, I still don’t feel too confident, surely we’d be strong favourites right?

Be surprised if there’s any changes, perhaps Hibberd for Hunt, but I’m happy to give Hunt another few games otherwise.

Tipped against the dees the last two weeks, but might tip us for the first time this season this week.

Perfect post for the "You know you're a Melbourne supporter when...." thread 😂👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back