Preview Changes vs The Orange - GWS v WB, Rd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Rewatching some of the goals from the first half, our mids are really good at playing a psudeo small forward role. Waiting at the foot of packs, crumbing it and throwing it on the boot. Lipinski, Hunter, Dunkley, Treloar and McNeil are doing it. For how many talls the Suns were missing it was our ground ball skills that were a step above in the first half. We're reaching a point where we can score from any scenario; mark, crumb, run, dribble, rebound, clearance.

Rewatching some of the goals from the first half, our mids are really good at playing a psudeo small forward role. Waiting at the foot of packs, crumbing it and throwing it on the boot. Lipinski, Hunter, Dunkley, Treloar and McNeil are doing it. For how many talls the Suns were missing it was our ground ball skills that were a step above in the first half. We're reaching a point where we can score from any scenario; mark, crumb, run, dribble, rebound, clearance.
Was reading an article before, were number 1 scores from turnover, #2 from stoppage, #1 scores from forward half, #8 from defensive half. We really can score from any scenario right now and are not really reliant on any part of the game, which makes us so dangerous

I actually don't think GWS will set out to rough us up this time. They got us with it by surprise in 2019 but then tried it again in 2020. The second time we were ready for it, we belted them and they ended up with egg on their faces. I can't see them trying that again after it made them look stupid last year. I think they realise that we are a lot more mature than we were in 2019. There's just no chance a team could come out and target our Captain like that with no response again. We lowered our colours that day and it exposed a softness in the group. I think that game stung more than any others under Bevo and I think we learned a lot from it.
So I expect them to be smarter than to come after us physically but if they do it will play right into our hands.

I actually don't think GWS will set out to rough us up this time. They got us with it by surprise in 2019 but then tried it again in 2020. The second time we were ready for it, we belted them and they ended up with egg on their faces. I can't see them trying that again after it made them look stupid last year. I think they realise that we are a lot more mature than we were in 2019. There's just no chance a team could come out and target our Captain like that with no response again. We lowered our colours that day and it exposed a softness in the group. I think that game stung more than any others under Bevo and I think we learned a lot from it.
So I expect them to be smarter than to come after us physically but if they do it will play right into our hands.

GWS making themselves look stupid is a specialty of theirs

One problem with your thesis: Toby Greene and Mummy ain't that smart.

Also some of the main thugs won’t be playing, eg DeBoer and Davis. Grubby might behave himself a bit more being acting captain. Himmelberg is another sniper along with Mumford. Is Old Man Shaw still going around?

Also some of the main thugs won’t be playing, eg DeBoer and Davis. Grubby might behave himself a bit more being acting captain. Himmelberg is another sniper along with Mumford. Is Old Man Shaw still going around?

Don't forget Stephen "all night long" "oops gave away a fifty" Coniglio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2019 was a longggggg time ago Mike, were a completely different side. Also last week we were 11 goals up at half time, slight intensity drop off and helped by about 3-4 direct goal turn around due to umps & some bad luck. It wasn’t even really that big of an intensity drop off for mine the difference was we kicked 11.4 in the first half and 6.12 in the second. If we’d have kicked straight it would have been 100 points plus and there would be no talk whatsoever of a down patch.

Slight drop off 70 points up against some absolute battlers when you’ve been up for 5 weeks straight, no concern whatsoever for mine. We’ll be Absolutey roaring to go this weekend
Obviously don't agree. We dropped intensity pretty heavily in that quarter as shown in the television coverage. And 2019's leaders are still the same as they are now. I hope they've matured but have no evidence they have.

But I guess we'll find out on Friday night mate. And I truly hope you're right and I'm just being an old curmudgeon.

Obviously don't agree. We dropped intensity pretty heavily in that quarter as shown in the television coverage. And 2019's leaders are still the same as they are now. I hope they've matured but have no evidence they have.

But I guess we'll find out on Friday night mate. And I truly hope you're right and I'm just being an old curmudgeon.
Richmond don’t beat every side every year with no bad quarters. Neither will we.

I hope we go in with the attitude that the Hawks did against them there on that freezing night in 2019.

The Plastics clearly did not want to be there that night.

Bont showed leadership stemming the tide and kicking that nice goal on the weekend. I feel the trials and tribulations of the last year or two have helped many of our players mature. Also Bev has changed his rhetoric markedly to the players this year imho.

Liking the GWS supporters saying a good defence will have our forwards cover and our forwards only look good due to midfield dominance. Pretty sure we are like the most effective forward team atm per inside 50s. We are the highest scoring team. Also west coast and Brisbane couldn’t handle our forwards and both have superior backlines to the Great Waste of Space

Richmond don’t beat every side every year with no bad quarters. Neither will we.
Richmond also don't have a recent history of poor leadership, dropping their intensity resulting in losing to Carlton and Gold Coast, and not turning up in big games. So Richmond is irrelevant. When we've won three of the last four flags then we can discuss Richmond.

Things as they are I'll not be counting any chickens until a few more hatch. Especially after last week's 3rd quarter.

Liking the GWS supporters saying a good defence will have our forwards cover and our forwards only look good due to midfield dominance. Pretty sure we are like the most effective forward team atm per inside 50s. We are the highest scoring team. Also west coast and Brisbane couldn’t handle our forwards and both have superior backlines to the Great Waste of Space

I think we are #2 for scores per inside 50 which indicates that our forward line is very effective right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back