Preview Changes vs the Saints(Rnd 2)-In: Viney, Out: Harmes(inj), Chandler(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird being on the other side of the narrative for this one. I don't think a melbourne win is part of the script here, unfortunately. Ratten will get his players fired up to play for Spud.

I guess the last time melbourne pulled off a win against the odds in these emotional circumstances would have been the 'Tommy Hafey' game if memory serves. Though the opposition was much weaker back then.

I guess the last time melbourne pulled off a win against the odds in these emotional circumstances would have been the 'Tommy Hafey' game if memory serves. Though the opposition was much weaker back then.
My imagination may have enhanced the memories somewhat but I seem to recall Geelong fans leaving in droves before the siren at the Cattery for Enright's 300.

Probably not too similar in circumstance to this game- i saw in the papers the Saints players went to Danny's hometown or something like that this week.

Yeah I saw that afterwards too. Tbh the attitude change is a very positive sign. Had a pretty similar game to Langdon statistically except in metres gained (more handballing).

If Mitch Robinson can transform himself from an inside beast to a really clever and effective winger, then surely Gus can do similarly. If he did, it really would be huge for the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Mitch Robinson can transform himself from an inside beast to a really clever and effective winger, then surely Gus can do similarly. If he did, it really would be huge for the team.

Fingers crossed. I have a soft spot for Gus, would hate seeing him at another club. Has a lot of footy left in him at any rate. It’s all between the ears for him I feel.

I think if Chandler is pocketing the few thousand bucks of AFL match payment for 0 minutes of game time, he can suck up his disappointment at the word omitted.

Weird being on the other side of the narrative for this one. I don't think a melbourne win is part of the script here, unfortunately. Ratten will get his players fired up to play for Spud.

Hard to predict how emotion plays out. Also, wonder if our players get an address from Danielle Frawley pre-game? Daughter of spud and partner of Gus. She said on the podcast she'll be barracking for the dees

Mitch Robinson was explosive and good over head. Gus isn't.
Soi he has to be an endurance winger like McIntosh or Menegola.

Can Injury subs that don’t end up playing go and play 2s if the game is played later in the weekend? The injury sub is effectively still an emergency player that can be called upon mid game. The other two emergencies would be able to in the above situation, right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt given another go to see if his speed can be effective off HB in the new rules. Generous, as its useful to have good foot skills in the role.
He just needs to be a territory player and know his limits. Doesn’t need to be cute with the ball, just pick the right contests ahead of the ball and bang it there

He just needs to be a territory player and know his limits. Doesn’t need to be cute with the ball, just pick the right contests ahead of the ball and bang it there
I don't agree with this. If AnB just thumped the ball 50m each time hed be torched. Hunt doesn't get a pass just cause he's fast

Jayden Hunt's bounced the ball 8 times in his last 40 games. Nathan Jones has done it 14 times in his last 72.

So both average one every 5 games.
Hunts useless.

Jayden Hunt's bounced the ball 8 times in his last 40 games. Nathan Jones has done it 14 times in his last 72.

So both average one every 5 games.
Hunts useless.
In fairness Hunt was playing as a lead up forward, not that I think he should be in the team

In the gawn and gus podcast they were talking about how they thought hunt was better on hb, and hadn't been played there for years.

I don't agree, but giving him a few weeks to try and find some touch there is only fair if that is what you want him to be as a coach.

I like that Goodie isn’t being reactive and dropping a role player after a single shitty game, I’m keen to see if Hunt can turn it around. That said Hibbo at his best is a weapon.

yeh it wouldn't be much good if Hunt spends all pre season preparing for this role then gets dumped after one game, give him a proper shot at it, not sure how long that would be may depend on if he can show improvement each week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back