CHANGES VS THE SINNERS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good changes - Fyfe and Sandi were logical ins and great to see Grey's re-inclusion.

No point making too many changes after our greatly improved performance against Geelong last week - 3 is justified.

I don't get people's negative positions on team deductions that haven't even happened yet - I'm not convinced Darcy's getting dropped nor am I convinced that Kersten and Sheridan are staying.

Langdon's been injured/underdone for some time now and expect he'll line up for Peel (if fit) to regain some confidence. Balic should be back at Peel too. Nyhuis will get his chance soon too.

And Jesus Taberner wasn't BOG last week - he needs to prove he's a player worth keeping in the side for more than 2 weeks at a time.

Ryan, Kersten and Sheridan the last 3 on the bench.

Would be nice if Darcy held his spot over Kersten and I'd like to just bite the bullet with Logue and give him a chance to settle into the tempo of AFL before we send him back to peel. I heard Dangerfield comment on the pressure of the game and everyone was feeling it, not just Logue. Those are the situations you want him to experience during a "rebuild".

Goss just said on Ten heavy speculation Kersten would be dropped, but naturally doesn't name a source.

I reckon my buddy's taking a break - with resting ruck Dary, Fyfe and McCarthy the three talls up front. Sandi's time on field to be heavily managed depending on how we're playing.

Sheridan the second out and I have no idea for the third one.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that despite Ross's musings in the presser, I think Sean Darcy, Grey and Deluca will stay in, while Kersten, Sheridan and Ryan will come out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he gets up,liked nearly everything he did last week.
Do they actually tell them that much??
ie get through the final session and you're in??

I hope he gets up,liked nearly everything he did last week.
Do they actually tell them that much??
ie get through the final session and you're in??

In no uncertain terms, yeah.
My guess is, they saw enough on the weekend. To commit to another week, pending his ankle. Will be exciting to see him, Grey and Ballas playing along side each other. Fingers crossed.

In no uncertain terms, yeah.
My guess is, they saw enough on the weekend. To commit to another week, pending his ankle. Will be exciting to see him, Grey and Ballas playing along side each other. Fingers crossed.

That is what I'm looking forward to. Those 3 in form would provide immense forward line pressure. We've been a bit lacking in this aspect.

Hopefully they look after his ankle. If he plays several weeks under duress and doesn't perform, it won't look great for him. He'll be doing everything he can to get past the medico's but he should take a longer term view and make sure he's not doing himself a disservice.

What I think you can judge them on are moments, rather than a whole game. A strong mark, a well timed spoil or a lace out kick to a player on the lead. The type of things that can't be taught. Just enough to make you think ' this kid's got something'.Deluca and B Cox have done this for me. Ryan and Logue not so much.
the other thing that you can judge hem on is their ability to learn and improve over a series of games.

That is what I'm looking forward to. Those 3 in form would provide immense forward line pressure. We've been a bit lacking in this aspect.

Hopefully they look after his ankle. If he plays several weeks under duress and doesn't perform, it won't look great for him. He'll be doing everything he can to get past the medico's but he should take a longer term view and make sure he's not doing himself a disservice.

Which begs the question, how long do we sign Ballas up for?

Which begs the question, how long do we sign Ballas up for?
One year + the second year as rookie . Give him an option to choose whether to continue 2019 with limited AFL game time .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back