CHANGES VS THE SINNERS.

Remove this Banner Ad

So hard to figure out changes at this point - Deluca, Darcy, Hill and Ballantyne all had injury concerns at the game and not sure if any could come out. Will Sandi and Fyfe return? How's Langdon, Grey and Balic travelling?

My guess is Grey isn't prime yet and Balic will play WAFL this week - I wonder how much Fyfe and Sandi could be managed for the rest of the year. Funnily enough we showed on the weekend that we're still somewhat finals competitive... so not sure how quickly they might feature again.

Probably easier to suggest essential outs - my buddy Kersten needs a spell and Sheridan needs a very, very long spell.

For Sheridan it's got to be from Fyfe, Langdon and/or Nyhuis that could come in for him. Balic and Grey not too far off as well - surely his cards are stamped.

For Kersten it could be Taberner but I doubt it. People are thrashing around the idea of Sandi and Darcy and they may very well try it this weekend - as mentioned Darcy showed just how mobile he was on the weekend without spending any significant time in forward. If Apeness was being touted as playing that role, why not Darcy? He's already hitting through the big sticks as much (if not more) than Apeness was in the WAFL. Seeing as we've played with 2 ruckmen for several years (and even 3 on a few occasions) there's no reason not to try it.

I guess no one's talking about Crozier - he's meant to be impacting the scoreboard as well and hits it less than Kersten does. He took a feature grab on the weekend and don't remember much else, I think it was Brad Johnson who said he was having a breakout year? Pretty sure he watched a 2 minute highlight reel of some of his grabs and drawn that conclusion - if he doesn't seriously start impacting games more he's simply got to go.

Final Changes:

Out: Sheridan, Kersten
In: Fyfe, Sandilands

I know it harsh, but I think Ryan needs to go back to the WAFL. Not forever, just to work on a couple of things. A few dropped chest marks. Also i noticed players would ignore him as an option a couple of times. Maybe he is still finding his voice out there.

Actually if he is replaced by Sutcliffe then that's a paddling.

Forget it

So hard to figure out changes at this point - Deluca, Darcy, Hill and Ballantyne all had injury concerns at the game and not sure if any could come out. Will Sandi and Fyfe return? How's Langdon, Grey and Balic travelling?

My guess is Grey isn't prime yet and Balic will play WAFL this week - I wonder how much Fyfe and Sandi could be managed for the rest of the year. Funnily enough we showed on the weekend that we're still somewhat finals competitive... so not sure how quickly they might feature again.

Probably easier to suggest essential outs - my buddy Kersten needs a spell and Sheridan needs a very, very long spell.

For Sheridan it's got to be from Fyfe, Langdon and/or Nyhuis that could come in for him. Balic and Grey not too far off as well - surely his cards are stamped.

For Kersten it could be Taberner but I doubt it. People are thrashing around the idea of Sandi and Darcy and they may very well try it this weekend - as mentioned Darcy showed just how mobile he was on the weekend without spending any significant time in forward. If Apeness was being touted as playing that role, why not Darcy? He's already hitting through the big sticks as much (if not more) than Apeness was in the WAFL. Seeing as we've played with 2 ruckmen for several years (and even 3 on a few occasions) there's no reason not to try it.

I guess no one's talking about Crozier - he's meant to be impacting the scoreboard as well and hits it less than Kersten does. He took a feature grab on the weekend and don't remember much else, I think it was Brad Johnson who said he was having a breakout year? Pretty sure he watched a 2 minute highlight reel of some of his grabs and drawn that conclusion - if he doesn't seriously start impacting games more he's simply got to go.

Final Changes:

Agree with that. I think we need to back Logue and Ryan in think will be both be more then handy

I know it harsh, but I think Ryan needs to go back to the WAFL. Not forever, just to work on a couple of things. A few dropped chest marks. Also i noticed players would ignore him as an option a couple of times. Maybe he is still finding his voice out there.

Forget it
Rather back Ryan to improve as he only played 3 games. Hell no to Sutcliffe.

Would make us too slow for mine.
Kersten was irrelevent for the entire game. Griffin could replace him and we'd get an improvement. I'm not kidding either, I would prefer Griff to Kersten. At least when we bomb it on his head he has a better chance of spliting the contest.

I do think the Sandi/Darcy combo will make us slower. But it's better than having two non-entities such as Sherro and Kersten on field. The plus side is that Sandi/Darcy would likely dominate the ruckwork and give our midfield the edge.

Kersten was irrelevent for the entire game. Griffin could replace him and we'd get an improvement. I'm not kidding either, I would prefer Griff to Kersten. At least when we bomb it on his head he has a better chance of spliting the contest.
I do think the Sandi/Darcy combo will make us slower. But it's better than having two non-entities such as Sherro and Kersten on field. The plus side is that Sandi/Darcy would likely dominate the ruckwork and give our midfield the edge.

I agree with the last line and due to the absence of a decent KF/ruck, it's the way forward for us. But we do need to compensate for the lack of pace/mobility. Replacing Shero with Fyfe and Kerstin with Sandi doesn't do that imo.

Just on your assessment of Shero, was he really that useless on Sunday? A bit hard to tell on TV but I'd say he had a tight defensive role on someone so he was never going to get high numbers and I can't remember him making too many blunders. Thought McCarthy and Crozier were much worse and Shero probably at least cut a Cat out of the game or nullified them.

Forget it
I hate to say it but Logue needs to go back with him. I have no doubt Logue will come good but right now he looks like a fish out of water. I'd leave him at Peel for the rest of the season. I'd like Tucker to be given an extended run in the backline. He had such a great game in the WAFL Grand Final.

I hate to say it but Logue needs to go back with him. I have no doubt Logue will come good but right now he looks like a fish out of water. I'd leave him at Peel for the rest of the season. I'd like Tucker to be given an extended run in the backline. He had such a great game in the WAFL Grand Final.
No doubt he has the tools. Massive upside

Forget it
I agree it's harsh, but you're right. He'll probably keep his spot and so he should, back him in and get experience into him, but if we're to be brutally honest, he was probably worse on ground.

Final Changes:

Thoroughly agree with your thoughts especially Sheridan & Crozier. Match Comm sent them both a message at start of year by them missing RD1& 2, Both back RD 3. Crozier should never been moved from Half Back playing him forward always looking for the Specky mark but only ends up landing on his head.
Too inconsistent for someone who has played nearly 60games.. very luck to still be in side. Well as for Tommy he has play a few games been dropped been brought back but still running around like a headless cook. He also has played nearly 60 games and also goes missing for. long periods in the game.

He's been tried at half Back - skills let him down, tried as a run with player with some success. His position is on the wing. However, With brad on one side and Langdon/tucker/Stevie on the other side Tommy is in a very long queue.

Balic and Grey once fit will take over.

as mentioned Darcy showed just how mobile he was on the weekend without spending any significant time in forward. If Apeness was being touted as playing that role, why not Darcy? He's already hitting through the big sticks as much (if not more) than Apeness was in the WAFL. Seeing as we've played with 2 ruckmen for several years (and even 3 on a few occasions) there's no reason not to try it.

Darcy kicked 4 goals against the swannies. Picking up groundballs and snapping around the body like a small forward. Definantly worth a go. They perservered with Zarke for years offering absolutely nothing why not give it a try.

Lolz I was thinking the same thing. If I recall it was Healy??? Must of only watched the wins this year I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final Changes:

Just watched a replay of 3 quarters against Geelong. Crozier was pretty good and played more up the ground (Balla kicked the two goals instead). Just needs to get a bit more of it.

On seven just now Ross seemed to think that Sandi would play and that playing him and Darcy in the same team would be unlikely. Would be quite disappointed if Sean was dropped, just like I was when the other Darcy was dropped.

If Sandi plays he will spend 99% of his game time in the ruck as he is totally useless in any other role. Darcy would get 10-20 % of his game time in the ruck. Better he goes back to Peel for further development. Sandi will probably break down in the next couple of weeks leaving Darcy to resume in the ones.

I would like to see Cox remain as the ruck/forward and Tabs replace Kersten. This would give our forward line a couple of marking targets for much of the game. Tabs should play out the season in the ones as he's the only player outside Pav that's looked remotely like filling a key forward role over the last decade. The proviso is that he eliminates his predilection for stupid brain fades.

I know a lot of people against Tab selection but for this week I really like to see what he can do against St kilda .

Kersten - out for Tab
Sherriden- out for langdon
Croz - out for grey
If Ross decide to play croz as Halfback
Then Luke Ryan or Sean Darcy out for grey . Mundy and fyfe height can cover the lost of Kersten height in the forward line .(Cox as well)

* Tab you either perform or get delisted end of season . Peel is a place for develop player like stranadica , duman and new draftee .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back