Preview Changes vs Tigers (Round 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: English (susp), Cordy, Vanders
In: Sweet, Williams, McNeil
VD did you watch Sweet's game yesterday?

I only saw the first half and perhaps he was better after that but I was underwhelmed particularly against undersized opposition. He was consistently mis-timing his jumps in the centre square and seemed very half-hearted at a bunch of tackle, smother attempts. I still think I'd prefer O'Brien to be giving English a chop-out over Sweet for what extra he'd bring when resting forward or behind the ball.

VD did you watch Sweet's game yesterday?

I only saw the first half and perhaps he was better after that but I was underwhelmed particularly against undersized opposition. He was consistently mis-timing his jumps in the centre square and seemed very half-hearted at a bunch of tackle, smother attempts. I still think I'd prefer O'Brien to be giving English a chop-out over Sweet for what extra he'd bring when resting forward or behind the ball.
Nar i didn't, but since Martin has covid atm i don't see him being fit enough to play AFL next week

You would think with the cover supp list.They would have more chance to bring in Ruckman.
Need to have only 24 active players on the list for the top up list to work

Hannan and Cordy out for McNeil and Crozier make sense.

Can’t see Vanders losing his spot. His pressure was top notch for most of the game and was one that drove what was missing the last two weeks.

Out: Cordy, Scott
In: Khamis (time to be given an opportunity as a replacement for Cordy), West (couldn't do any more than he did in the 2s) or McNeill - both would have more output than Scott. Hannan won't be dropped because Bev highly regards his 'versatility'.

Last edited:
Looking at Richmonds team this week, they seem very tall

2 Rucks (Nankervis, Soldo), 4 tall defenders (Grimes, Gibcus,Tarrant, Broad), 3 tall forwards (Lynch, Balta, Riewoldt).

Reckon English needs more support and Cordy needs to be replaced by O'Brien or Khamis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure all the people that haven't got Hannan in the outs forgot he played because he did so little but just a heads up 4 touches no hitouts and no contested marks for our "hybrid" 2nd ruck CHF

Looking at Richmonds team this week, they seem very tall

2 Rucks (Nankervis, Soldo), 4 tall defenders (Grimes, Gibcus,Tarrant, Broad), 3 tall forwards (Lynch, Balta, Riewoldt).

Reckon English needs more support and Cordy needs to be replaced by O'Brien or Khamis.
You just know that Bev will see that as an advantage to us and double down by trying to outrun them.

If English is rubbed out (laughable really, but tribunal is luck of the draw), it would be the perfect opportunity for Bevo to implement the "no ruckman at all" strategy. Especially with Cordy also out, we can just roll with Hannan/Dunkley/Bont pinch-hitting so we have 4 mids at every contest. How good will that be? :laughing:

As he should imo. Has generally worked for us taking this approach over the years.
Potentially but that group of Tigers listed are pretty mobile outside of Soldo, Lynch & maybe Tarrant. Nank, Broad, Grimes, Balta & Gibcus are all quite quick and mobile.

McNeil in if we see him as a clean, polished finisher.

Really lacked that last night.

Weightman plays taller when we need a real crumber to mop up what is being brought to ground, that could be McNeil if we can chain him inside 50m. It could be VDM, but he was playing up the field quite a bit

If English is rubbed out (laughable really, but tribunal is luck of the draw), it would be the perfect opportunity for Bevo to implement the "no ruckman at all" strategy. Especially with Cordy also out, we can just roll with Hannan/Dunkley/Bont pinch-hitting so we have 4 mids at every contest. How good will that be? :laughing:
Didn't we have some experience of that last year and in 2020?

Didn't we have some experience of that last year and in 2020?
You know it was a tongue in cheek post, but at least in recent years we've had an actual ruckman in the team. We did, however have a game pre-pandemic (can't recall the year, trying to find it on afltables.com, pretty sure it was a Ballarat game) where we lined up with 2 ruckmen in the team, and Dunkley actually took a ruck contest at the centre bounce. Good old Bevo, what a joker!

Cordy out for Buku or O'Brien.

Vanders was much better last night so he stays in but its him or Mcneil for the 2nd small forward role. Id bring Mcneil in but we wont drop Hannan for him. Maybe Wallis for Mcneil would be the change to make for more forward pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back