Preview Changes vs Tigers (Round 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe that’s what we want out of him but just seems crazy we’d waste a spot on that - we’d get way more in the air out of another tall, way more in the ruck out of a 2nd ruck and way more on the ground out of another small. Currently we’re getting next to zero in all 3 categories so what’s the point? Yeah he’s versatile, versatile in the amount of roles he can underperform in 😂

Play Cody in that role if that’s what we want, he’s wayyyyy stronger in the air and at ground level. Replace Hannan with a genuine small like McNeil and JJ when he returns, play a tall utility like Schache who can play anywhere and ruck, or replace Cordy with O’Brien who can play defence and ruck as we were previously doing, to chop Tim out his 10 ruck contests a game - Naughty should take ruck contests inside 50 he could turn this into a strength for us - similar to how it’s a strength for the cats and crows with Hawkins/Walker.

*not my first choice but chances of my first choice happening are slim.
The old saying jack of all trades master of none . Unfortunately Hannan has not performed any well early in the season. Although he did when it counted in some of the 2021 finals Needs to rediscover that form in the 2s IMO

Any recommendations for a good pub for watching the footy in Footscray, Seddon or Spotswood?

Might have a feed too.

I usually go to the game or watch at the railway but am not up for dealing with unsufferable Tigers supporters today and the Railway is under construction.

The Royal Hotel, on Punt Rd across from the G. Goes alright.

Any recommendations for a good pub for watching the footy in Footscray, Seddon or Spotswood?

Might have a feed too.

I usually go to the game or watch at the railway but am not up for dealing with unsufferable Tigers supporters today and the Railway is under construction.
Spotswood Hotel has a good screen in its beer garden section.
I’ve been told chips loft in Footscray is a good sports bar but yet to use it. Mates like it for the ufc.

Might have a feed too.

Hotel Westwood would be my choice. Maybe ring and check they’ll have the volume turned up. We’ve been to the Braybrook Hotel a few times. Bit more of a Pokies vibe which isn’t exactly my thing. Cheap beer though. Chips Loft…never been there for the footy but they have lots of screens.

Mona Castle will hopefully be the place to go in a couple of months.

Hotel Westwood would be my choice. Maybe ring and check they’ll have the volume turned up. We’ve been to the Braybrook Hotel a few times. Bit more of a Pokies vibe which isn’t exactly my thing. Cheap beer though. Chips Loft…never been there for the footy but they have lots of screens.

Mona Castle will hopefully be the place to go in a couple of months.
The Westwood is a ripper joint.

The Westwood is a ripper joint.

Love this place. Haven't watched any live sport there, but love the nooks & crannies of the place and having a decent live music venue up the road practically is a dream.

Love this place. Haven't watched any live sport there, but love the nooks & crannies of the place and having a decent live music venue up the road practically is a dream.

Me neither.

It’s nice to see it become a vibrant hangout for the locals. It was pretty rundown when it was open last. Nice place, but just dingy and not very inviting.

Dumplings on Hopkins. Beers and Cocktails at The Westwood. A Saturday well spent!!

I genuinely can't understand how you can not at least have some tall coverage as the sub, very limited to start with and what happens if there is an injury, Wallis adds not much that is not in the side already.....typical Beveridge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely can't understand how you can not at least have some tall coverage as the sub, very limited to start with and what happens if there is an injury, Wallis adds not much that is not in the side already.....typical Beveridge

Basic probability would suggest that we are about 3 times more likely to have an injury to a small than to a tall.

Me neither.

It’s nice to see it become a vibrant hangout for the locals. It was pretty rundown when it was open last. Nice place, but just dingy and not very inviting.

Dumplings on Hopkins. Beers and Cocktails at The Westwood. A Saturday well spent!!
Whaaaat?!?! The Revo was the greatest pub on planet Earth! I miss it so much.

Whaaaat?!?! The Revo was the greatest pub on planet Earth! I miss it so much.
For an old school bar fly type pub, yeah it was great. The times just moved past them eventually. That and they struggle go get people through the door.

The Revs owners were actually good friends of my wife’s family. I even learnt to pull a beer there yonks ago. Locals weren’t too pleased with the outcome.

Might have a feed too.

Where did you end up going for this game bud?

I’m going to go out for tonight’s game but still unsure where. Mona Castle is off the table. They’ll have the game but no volume. Hotel Westwood, Chips Loft or Braybrook Hotel are the options I think.

Where did you end up going for this game bud?

I’m going to go out for tonight’s game but still unsure where. Mona Castle is off the table. They’ll have the game but no volume. Hotel Westwood, Chips Loft or Braybrook Hotel are the options I think.
Upstairs at the railway was still open. That’s my local. Great spot to watch the game, only downside is that it can be a bit loud on a Saturday night.

I’m randomly in Sydney, so will be going to the game tonight despite swearing off all Dogs games until we play two rucks. I’m claiming Schache as the 2nd ruck loop hole but atill cannot stand Bevo’s Stubbornness on this front.

Upstairs at the railway was still open. That’s my local. Great spot to watch the game, only downside is that it can be a bit loud on a Saturday night.

I’m randomly in Sydney, so will be going to the game tonight despite swearing off all Dogs games until we play two rucks. I’m claiming Schache as the 2nd ruck loop hole but atill cannot stand Bevo’s Stubbornness on this front.
Looking forward to your special ringside observations, especially as to who did the ruckwork and how effective they were. Also if Naughton, Schache and JUH are all placed in the forward line (unlikely) how cohesive they were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back