Changes vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at Ballarat last week and watched Cleary closely. He was totally gassed and is still physically under the mark. Absolutely no surprise he is the first out.
Was there too. What were VDM or Doc doing in the second half??

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are 4 from 9 in heritage jumpers...

2003 R19 - LOSS vs. Essendon (67 points)
2004 R18 - LOSS vs. West Coast (49 points)
2005 R20 - WIN vs. Richmond (12 points)
2006 R16 - LOSS vs. Geelong (1 point)
2007 R14 - WIN vs. Port Adelaide (20 points)
2008 R17 - LOSS vs. Carlton (28 points)
2011 R13 - WIN vs. Adelaide (30 points)
2019 R17 - WIN vs. Melbourne (8 points)

2022 R21 - LOSS vs. Fremantle (17 points)

Given our heritage that’s an above average ratio sadly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was there too. What were VDM or Doc doing in the second half??

Collecting 5 and 7 disposals respectively. Which is not great, but they weren't alone in this regard during the second half.

Cleary had a grand total of 5 during the same period. See above.

I get the desire for change when it comes to Duryea. He's clearly coming to the end. However Cleary's task of being that replacement wasn't helped with his game when he collected 8 for the entire game. He was always the one that would make way for Richards, given he's much better suited to the attacking half back role, but is behind JJ, Richards and Dale for a slot.

Either way. Im glad that we've moved away from the 3 talls with poor disposal for a week at least. If nothing else we'll see what JO'D is capable of.

Personally Id swap out VDM for Baker and make Jones sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleary out sucks but it begins to make sense when you wrap your head around the fact that Bevo has always played favourites with certain players and is harsh on others. He has never had selection integrity.

From the AFL App

Josh Bruce comes out of the team due to his ACL injury, while Alex Keath will also miss with yet another concussion. Supporters are convinced that these head knocks are the reason for his brain farts when he tries to play on with a man standing right in front of him.

Ryan Gardner has general shitness and won’t face the Tigers, while Luke Cleary has been completely a*** f***ed by the match committee & omitted for the fixture for no apparent reason.

The emergencies for the fixture are Oskar Baker, Buku Khamis, Arthur Jones and Jordon Sweet, with the substitute to be named an hour before bounce. Coach Beveridge is just as likely to call up McComb just because.

The Western Bulldogs return to Friday night football to face Richmond at Marvel Stadium.

The Bulldogs will celebrate Retro Round once again, with the team to reprise the ‘Diamond Dog’ guernsey design from the god awful 1996 season that they have barely won a game in, against Richmond.

With just Jones and JOD then smalls we simply have to attack with speed and be more direct from the backline.

We won’t, but we should.

Cleary doesn’t have a spot with Ed, JJ and Dale in the side.

He’s not a replacement for Duryea who’s more a mid sized defender as opposed to a half back ball user which Cleary and the other 3 are. I’d certainly take 200+ game Duryea in that role over a 3 gamer when we’re still in the hunt for finals.

Adding to that, he wasn’t exactly over impressive on Saturday and will still need some time before he’s ready for the AFL week to week. Not sure why anyone is losing it over his admission.

From the AFL App

Josh Bruce comes out of the team due to his ACL injury, while Alex Keath will also miss with yet another concussion. Supporters are convinced that these head knocks are the reason for his brain farts when he tries to play on with a man standing right in front of him.

Ryan Gardner has general shitness and won’t face the Tigers, while Luke Cleary has been completely a*** f***ed by the match committee & omitted for the fixture for no apparent reason.

The emergencies for the fixture are Oskar Baker, Buku Khamis, Arthur Jones and Jordon Sweet, with the substitute to be named an hour before bounce. Coach Beveridge is just as likely to call up McComb just because.

The Western Bulldogs return to Friday night football to face Richmond at Marvel Stadium.

The Bulldogs will celebrate Retro Round once again, with the team to reprise the ‘Diamond Dog’ guernsey design from the god awful 1996 season that they have barely won a game in, against Richmond.
"Ryan Gardner has general shitness" thats gold

He’s not a replacement for Duryea who’s more a mid sized defender as opposed to a half back ball user which Cleary and the other 3 are. I’d certainly take 200+ game Duryea in that role over a 3 gamer when we’re still in the hunt for finals.

Adding to that, he wasn’t exactly over impressive on Saturday and will still need some time before he’s ready for the AFL week to week. Not sure why anyone is losing it over his admission.
Duryea is cooked Cleary JJ ed Dale can all play his role better and should all be there with buss O'Donnell and Jones they won't do any worse than what is going on in the backline and will only get better by playing together

Disagree this time CB. We need at least 4 rebounding defenders, Cleary is ahead of Doc now no matter what role Doc is supposed to have he is not succeeding in any of them.

No issues with Jones and JOD but would also like to see Buss there too. Time to take some strategic risks and take on the year

Simple equation this week, if we lose, season is done. We win, it will probably come down to the Hawks game in Tassie to see if we get in

Was at Ballarat last week and watched Cleary closely. He was totally gassed and is still physically under the mark. Absolutely no surprise he is the first out.
If that's correct then it is understandable. But how can a player be on our list for x years and not have the gas to see out a match?

The same is allegedly true of Buku Khamis (though I don't think I have heard it substantiated by anyone who has watched him in recent times. Is it just one of those early-career labels that can't be shaken no matter what the later evidence shows?).

How can this be?

Are they physiologically incapable of reaching the required fitness levels? Are our fitness and conditioning staff incompetent? Is there some other reason?

Can someone explain please?

Disagree this time CB. We need at least 4 rebounding defenders, Cleary is ahead of Doc now no matter what role Doc is supposed to have he is not succeeding in any of them.

No issues with Jones and JOD but would also like to see Buss there too. Time to take some strategic risks and take on the year

I see it differently. If we weren’t in the finals race, I’ve no doubt that Cleary would getting a better run and possibly even Buss although I can’t see it happening with Buss just yet.

Duryea may be dropping off and losing more contests and missing more targets than he used to, but you can’t beat his sort of experience which spans far wider than just what he does with ball in hand. He’d have a far better understanding of systems and what to do and when than what Cleary would and so the coaches clearly see him as part off the 22 to win the games we need to in the next month, rather than trusting a youngster who’s barely played any at the top level.

Cleary didn’t do much wrong last week but he certainly didn’t put a strong case in to hold a spot in our backline when we’ve got elimination final type games coming up.

If that's correct then it is understandable. But how can a player be on our list for x years and not have the gas to see out a match?

The same is allegedly true of Buku Khamis (though I don't think I have heard it substantiated by anyone who has watched him in recent times. Is it just one of those early-career labels that can't be shaken no matter what the later evidence shows?).

How can this be?

Are they physiologically incapable of reaching the required fitness levels? Are our fitness and conditioning staff incompetent? Is there some other reason?

Can someone explain please?
I think our fade outs are evidence that fitness staff aren't good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back