Prediction Changes vs Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oddest things about emergencies is in reality we can put anyone in last minute, anyway, if required.
If they aren’t named as emergency there’s a fine ofcourse.

Generally it’s only a last minute thing and I suspect one or two emergencies are named to indicate to players missing games they are getting close. Or it’s an encouragement or even a thank you.
How else do we explain Blair as an emergency last GF?

Looking at this week’s emergencies, Goldsack not named. If they felt he was needed last moment he’d play.

I’d think they have one or two max in their thinking for tonight (just in case).
Callum Brown and maybe even Crocker are the two marked to come in.
Appelby and Wills are the “you’re doing well boys”.

Injury list ran that deep that it was either name Blair or only list 3 emergencies.

I’d think they have one or two max in their thinking for tonight (just in case).
Callum Brown and maybe even Crocker are the two marked to come in.
Appelby and Wills are the “you’re doing well boys”.
I reckon Appleby is a bit closer than you think.

I reckon Appleby is a bit closer than you think.

Was very solid against the Cats. Puts pressure on a few in defence to either play well or risk losing their spot.

T
That wasn’t really the direction I was taking I was more getting at Wills perhaps not being as good as some said and Sier possibly not as poor. The reports were limited on the match and Sier has never been one that is obvious in his work. I think I would just leave any comments on those two in particular until I’d watched them roll around with my own eyes.

FWIW I gave up on trying to make sense of selection long ago. T Brown ahead of Sier for both pre-season matches says it all for me on that front 👍
Tyler Brown on the list is questionable for me. Even more questionable was derms commentary comparing him to Fyfe. Really makes you wonder

Won't make a lot of difference if we don't lift midfield performance.

Very true. The tackle numbers against Geelong from the group as a collective was awful. Transitional running was also a bit inconsistent. They need to do hard stuff as well as the fancy stuff.

That wasn’t really the direction I was taking I was more getting at Wills perhaps not being as good as some said and Sier possibly not as poor. The reports were limited on the match and Sier has never been one that is obvious in his work. I think I would just leave any comments on those two in particular until I’d watched them roll around with my own eyes.

FWIW I gave up on trying to make sense of selection long ago. T Brown ahead of Sier for both pre-season matches says it all for me on that front 👍

There must be something going on internally with Sier that we just aren't privy to. Whatever that may be and I don't mean to be suggesting anything sinister. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. It's hard to pass judgement without knowing the facts because on face value it doesn't make sense.

T
Tyler Brown on the list is questionable for me. Even more questionable was derms commentary comparing him to Fyfe. Really makes you wonder

Dermie played footy with his dad. He probably watched Tyler grew up. He tends to talk up sons of players he grew up with, it'd be pretty hard to be fully objective.

T
Wonder about?

Dermie?
About how good Tyler might actually be?
How good Fyfe actually is?

There must be something going on internally with Sier that we just aren't privy to. Whatever that may be and I don't mean to be suggesting anything sinister. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. It's hard to pass judgement without knowing the facts because on face value it doesn't make sense.
At a guess, if he has been seen as underdone (because of carrying an injury or "non-professionalism"), they may still be working training volume into him whilst playing VFL, ie. very hard to put work into building a mid-fielder's fitness base once the season has begun. Once into games, it can be a process of play, recover, light train, play. This is especially the case with a 6-day break. Maybe the fitness experts thought he needs a bigger base, so is still putting in volume during the week. This would see him playing less than fresh, but building up his base for the season. As I say, just a guess.

Different with someone like De Goey who is a forward - he can play on a limited pre-season and still provide value. Mid-fielders not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a guess, if he has been seen as underdone (because of carrying an injury or "non-professionalism"), they may still be working training volume into him whilst playing VFL, ie. very hard to put work into building a mid-fielder's fitness base once the season has begun. Once into games, it can be a process of play, recover, light train, play. This is especially the case with a 6-day break. Maybe the fitness experts thought he needs a bigger base, so is still putting in volume during the week. This would see him playing less than fresh, but building up his base for the season. As I say, just a guess.

Different with someone like De Goey who is a forward - he can play on a limited pre-season and still provide value. Mid-fielders not so much.
Now don’t go posting all sensible on us.

Because of my unabashed Sierness it’s hard for me to speculate fairly about what’s going on without further information.

Your scenario is as plausible as all the others.

If it is a dramatic behind the scenes matter, I reckon the sewer dwellers from the fourth estate, would be running that. So this keeps me at peace.

Somewhat.

Yeah I agree completely. What is obvious though is spots are tight so some blokes shouldnt be taking much for granted. Re Wills was really surprised he played forward in the JLT. Thought he would have at least been given some time in the middle. Either way need one of them up and about as really worried about our strength in the middle

Now don’t go posting all sensible on us.

Because of my unabashed Sierness it’s hard for me to speculate fairly about what’s going on without further information.

Your scenario is as plausible as all the others.

If it is a dramatic behind the scenes matter, I reckon the sewer dwellers from the fourth estate, would be running that. So this keeps me at peace.

Somewhat.

Robbo's sewer dwellers have probably heard, but following his amazing leadership, they don't know who Sier is and are too lazy to google his name.

T
In fairness to Dermie, he was quoting a remark make by Bucks in the pre game interview where Bucks said he had Fyfe like attributes, or something similar to that.

Yeah I agree completely. What is obvious though is spots are tight so some blokes shouldnt be taking much for granted. Re Wills was really surprised he played forward in the JLT. Thought he would have at least been given some time in the middle. Either way need one of them up and about as really worried about our strength in the middle

Yep. With Adams out we lack grunt we haven't replaced. The midfield balance off kilter right now. We need a tackling first possession midfielder and some more class on the wing. Sidebottom has been sucked into the on ball void left by Adams leaving Mayne and Phillips to be creators. Fair to say that's not Maynes bag and Phillips has been playing like he has tickets on himself (those two wasteful snaps against Geelong really annoyed me). Greenwood in should help. Hopefully Sidebottom has more wing minutes and Phillips pulls his head in. Then Adams will be back soon.

T
We've got a good list. We can afford to carry a project player or two.
If the lad is half as good as Rowdy, it will have been well worth the punt.

just don't take anything illegal to get that inspiration. Remember...sometimes panic can be faked artificially.
No, the Bombers are the real deal. They are in that twilight zone where their overhyped expectations don't correspond with reality. And if you wonder where we are at; well, expectations are high and truly justified and if the usual suspects show up , we should have a deja vu :)

Robbo's sewer dwellers have probably heard, but following his amazing leadership, they don't know who Sier is and are too lazy to google his name.
He would have googled “sire” and got Redoutes Choice, who just died.
He is a dumbness personified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back