Prediction Changes vs Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone that can take a mark in the FWD 50 FFS.
Next week. 26 degrees. It’s going to be exactly the same which plays into Richmond’s hands. All we do is fumble and they scrap like savages.

If the mids don’t put up a fight, that’s almost the season done.

Assuming everyone gets through unscathed injury wise, I’d not expect too many changes.

One or two.

Usually a new type of player gets a couple of games so that might assist Callum.

He’d otherwise be the logical fall out guy. Just doesn’t quite look an ongoing senior player.

Logic dictates Sier and Greenwood to be the two in contention for the spot.

On that basis I’d think we would do better with vision and heavy traffic play of Sier than brown.

In: Sier
Out: Brown.

An aside might be a small shock dropping of Thomas for Crocker?
Doubt they’d pull this trigger at this stage but this could be the shock at selection.

Next week. 26 degrees. It’s going to be exactly the same which plays into Richmond’s hands. All we do is fumble and they scrap like savages.

If the mids don’t put up a fight, that’s almost the season done.
Call it old school but it will be slippery next week so bring out the buckets of water at training. Make them train like they are going to play with a greacy wet footy

I agree with the more measured view. Taking a deep breathe is probably a first step to take before thinking about any changes. Totally understand that round one brings higher expectation and anticipation so the loss hits more emotions.

Every team in every round is based on structures. Those structures mean some people are going to see less of the ball than others, that is obvious. Though what it means is that if the lower quality guys also make a few mistakes then it can seem they should be dropped. However, a team also needs to build resiliency. You need to empower the guys in the team - challenge them but support them. That builds trust which is vital to high performance.

So, I am thinking there should be no changes. Put the heat back on the team to deliver but also show them they don't need to panic as the club will support them. As soon as there is a trend of a problem, or injuries, or a walk up best 22 player returning, then pull the trigger on changes.

We need run.
In Quaynor
Out Degoey (not fit)

Stephenson probably needs to get fit and come back too.

Bring Greenwood in for him if he’s not right.

I haven't been critical of Bucks for a while, but jeez the team picked, combined with the apparent game plan of linking up to run the ball out of defence and then a press conference talking about not being able to move it out of defence...

Not criticising anyone of them as individual players, but a defence containing Roughhead, Howe, Langdon, and Aish are not going to run the ball out of defence consistently- those four all position themselves for the safe backwards release with no intention of being a part of any handball chains or offering a forward of the ball target. If we want to run the ball out of defence - Roughead out replaced with a runner (Howe to play tall). Aish out, a surplus mid to play in defence.

I haven't been critical of Bucks for a while, but jeez the team picked, combined with the apparent game plan of linking up to run the ball out of defence and then a press conference talking about not being able to move it out of defence...

Not criticising anyone of them as individual players, but a defence containing Roughhead, Howe, Langdon, and Aish are not going to run the ball out of defence consistently- those four all position themselves for the safe backwards release with no intention of being a part of any handball chains or offering a forward of the ball target. If we want to run the ball out of defence - Roughead out replaced with a runner (Howe to play tall). Aish out, a surplus mid to play in defence.

If he plays well in the VFL it sounds like Quaynor is the man. A running defender.

Definitely got question marks on Mayne (stops all quick ball movement), Varcoe (little output) and Brown (Anonymous).

One thing that needs to get better is the mids resting forward. Beams, Sidebottom and Treloar especially. Give Thomas and DeGoey (when fitter) some time on the ball.

Also, just generally, Beams needs to get way better. He can. Also don't think Grundy can play as bad as that again.

No change is most likely, but I'd bring Sier in for Mayne. I'd move Pendles onto a wing into Maynes role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a Browny fan (seemingly in the minority) but he may be the fall guy

I agree with the sentiments that Sier in if deemed fit, Greenwood otherwise

That's the only change I'd make

And pray Adams' finger doesn't become a Walshy special I.e: he'll be 2 weeks away for the next 7 weeks

I agree with the view that Mayne can be a bit of a momentum killer. Slows down the play when moving forward fast is to our advantage.

We look to blame the lesser lights when our stars aren't dominating the way we expect. Callum will probably make way for a stronger midfielder but he is not the reason we went down yesterday.

The team didn't look dangerous last night, I think the coaches have their work ahead of them.

Stephenson playing up the ground didn’t help us either, but no, we didn’t look awake or hungry at all (Beams, Sidey, Thomas ect)
If Sier has put the beers down and is ready, because we bloody need him, he come in for Little Browny sadly.
I’m a big fan but he isn’t in the best team.
We were lacking grunt (Sier and Adams) and we were lacking a bloke who can kick goals (Hoskin) so I’m not worried.

According to Bucks, Brown, Daicos, Greenwood and Crocker went past Sier in the space of one JLT series.....

Out: Mayne

If he plays well in the VFL it sounds like Quaynor is the man. A running defender.
I don’t want to dampen the Quaynor push but he’s delivery on viewed practice games was quite suspect.
He’ll get better as he learns about the required tempo of senior football.

Assuming everyone gets through unscathed injury wise, I’d not expect too many changes.

One or two.

Usually a new type of player gets a couple of games so that might assist Callum.

He’d otherwise be the logical fall out guy. Just doesn’t quite look an ongoing senior player.

Logic dictates Sier and Greenwood to be the two in contention for the spot.

On that basis I’d think we would do better with vision and heavy traffic play of Sier than brown.

Out: Brown.

An aside might be a small shock dropping of Thomas for Crocker?
Doubt they’d pull this trigger at this stage but this could be the shock at selection.
It would not be a small shock to bring in Crocker it would be massive. As far as I’m concerned he should rot in the VFL and the only time he should be on an AFL ground is when he holds the banner up for them to run through.

With Adams out, I think we need one of Sier or Greenwood in. Preferably Sier.

With DeGoey playing predominantly forward and Elliott back I’m not sure we can play all three of Brown, Thomas and Varcoe as well. Probably Brown is the one to make way for Sier.

The other issue is the run from halfback to support Crispy. May need to look at Varcoe providing some of that or release Maynard to do more.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would not be a small shock to bring in Crocker it would be massive. As far as I’m concerned he should rot in the VFL and the only time he should be on an AFL ground is when he holds the banner up for them to run through.
Ok.
I assume he’s not on your Christmas cards list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back