Prediction Changes vs WCE ~ Round 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Sidebottom’s opponent will be letting him roam free like the Tigers did.

Maybe the opposite wing. Phillips or Mayne.
That's when we start Stephenson on the other wing. If teams want to roll someone straight back into defence, they can shoose whether they leave Stephenson or Sidebottom as the only guy in space ready to receive from the clearance.

No change for next week. I don't think anyone is really tearing it up in the VFL practice matches anyway besides Appleby, and our back six is pretty settled at the moment, so he won't get a look in either, you would think.

Hoping you blokes dont boo him :p ;) hopefully a good game next week, I'm hoping we back up tonight with a good showing, win or lose, and Cox gets off his ridiculous suspension.

Cox will get off after a few more minutes gets wasted on this pathetic decision. Sorry Chrisso but this would be your worst decision since the MRO position started.

If we lose this.. I f swear man.. I will drive around town in my Jag with the windows rolled down and that re and scream amount to pedestrians.. 'heeeey look at me man.. I've been hit hard at the bowser re'.

I have f had it.. that's it for me man.

Hoping you blokes dont boo him :p ;) hopefully a good game next week, I'm hoping we back up tonight with a good showing, win or lose, and Cox gets off his ridiculous suspension.

Every club has the odd idiot who does things like that. We are no different. If they do it will be because they think it may affect him & put him off his game. I think it was an intended little gut punch that went wrong & he hasn’t exactly proven himself to be a dirty player in the past.

Assuming Cox is still suspended, we'll need a tall to fill his spot.

Guessing it'll be Goldy -- who isn't exactly a tall, but Reid and Dunn aren't available. Thank god we got Roughead in the off season.

Only change for me is if Cox ban sticks, everyone deserves their spot for the time being. If Cox does ban does go ahead, we should go small and fast.

If we lose this.. I f swear man.. I will drive around town in my Jag with the windows rolled down and that re and scream amount to pedestrians.. 'heeeey look at me man.. I've been hit hard at the bowser re'.

Just to top it off for you I'd be happy to sneak up and stick a banana in your tail pipe while you're waiting for the lights on the corner of Chapel and Toorak re...

I found Varcoe very dependable when the ball came the other way. Doesn't get a lot of it but every single time disposes of the ball efficiently and to our advantage one way or another.
Dependable. He'll rip it up against the Weagles.
Varcoe used his body and aggression at the contest numerous times on Thursday night to allow others to win the ball.

A bit harder for him to impact the score board with numbers of top small forwards we have running through the front end now.
He was there in every instance though, just did not get on the end of many.

Last edited:
Varcoe used his body and aggression at the contest numerous times on Thursday night to allow others to win the ball.

A bit harder for him to impact the score board with numbers of top small forwards we have running through the front end now.
He was there in every instance though, just did not bet on the end of many.

I actually think he's playing a little too angry at the moment and might need to get back to a little more "controlled" aggression - he's breaking the ball free on a lot of his body hits but then he's not in a good spot position or balance-wise to pick up the loose ball and feed it out. Would only take a minor adjustment to get back to winning the ball in more of these contested ball situations.

Given Adams is looking likely for round 4 and Sier is still looking out of favour, no change.

Games against fellow top 4 challengers are 8 point games (relative to each other), we just have to make them count this year given our draw. Just bloody win Pies!

If Cox goes which he bloody well shouldn't.Goldsack in and Goldy to cover Roughead's opponent when Jordan covers Grundy in the ruck..Will be interesting to see who Hutchings tags.He has retricted Sidey last 2 encounters and did a job on Coniglio last night.Coahing panel need a strategy to reduce Hutchings effectiveness..Also Greenwood to bring the tag of all tags on Shuey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a lot of Collingwood fans will be looking out for how Josh Smith goes. He was a feel good story coming to Collingwood. Got the absolute best out of himself. Delisted by us and picked up by the reigning Premiers, and then goes on to play round 1.

Hope he does well, just not too well against us.

Last edited:
I reckon a lot of Collingwood fans will be looking out for how Josh Smith goes. He was a feel good story coming to Collingwood. Got the absolute best out of himself. Delisted by the Grand Finalsist and picked up by the reigning Premier, and then goes on to play round 1.

Hope he does well, just not too well against us.
In-Gaff Out-Smith.
I doubt we will be watching how he goes next week.

In: Goldsack
Out: Cox suspended.
(Shouldn’t happen but if it did)

Cant think of much other change. Though a few might make a case at training.

Great shame if Cox is out.

WHE could be an option off a wing when he returns. He offers something different in terms of pace, height and footskills than our current mix. Although I think the coaches value work rate over class in our wingers.
WHE was always best 22 last year. His lead up marking and skills were one of the reasons we got over some of our opponents last year. It will be tough to see who he replaces but I’d say Varcoe, Phillips and even Greenwood are safe. So who is the likely replacement?

WHE was always best 22 last year. His lead up marking and skills were one of the reasons we got over some of our opponents last year. It will be tough to see who he replaces but I’d say Varcoe, Phillips and even Greenwood are safe. So who is the likely replacement?
we might get to a situation where even capable contributing players are replaced by even better talent.
Nice problem to have.

Who are our bottom 4 or 5 players and that’s pretty much where it starts.

You’d think of a Thursday’s team the bottom four might be: Greenwood, Aish, Thomas, Roughead.

For reasons of position Roughead is becoming safe so the other three might be the first cabs.
Even Varcoe might be a cab.

Ofcourse I don’t know how players are rated internally.

I’d suggest Mayne and especially Phillips are locks.

Don't start...re....if you're old school, you got the valiant with the toy dog bobbing its neck on the parcel shelf.
New school, lowered BMW, Tinted windows and done up. Re

If Cox goes which he bloody well shouldn't.Goldsack in and Goldy to cover Roughead's opponent when Jordan covers Grundy in the ruck..Will be interesting to see who Hutchings tags.He has retricted Sidey last 2 encounters and did a job on Coniglio last night.Coahing panel need a strategy to reduce Hutchings effectiveness..Also Greenwood to bring the tag of all tags on Shuey.

On the plus side, Sidebottom hasn't been in the same form the first two weeks compared to the form he was showing last season. If he gets completely shut down it won't cripple us as much as it may have last year.

The best thing we can do is for someone else to dominate, ie Beams, and for WCE to shift their focus, allowing Sidebottom to then have an influence.

we might get to a situation where even capable contributing players are replaced by even better talent.
Nice problem to have.

Who are our bottom 4 or 5 players and that’s pretty much where it starts.

You’d think of a Thursday’s team the bottom four might be: Greenwood, Aish, Thomas, Roughead.

For reasons of position Roughead is becoming safe so the other three might be the first cabs.
Even Varcoe might be a cab.

Ofcourse I don’t know how players are rated internally.

I’d suggest Mayne and especially Phillips are locks.

Exactly... Mayne and Phillips are too important to structure and their positions would be hard to fill.

While the bottom four you mention, only 1 is slightly similar in position and role. So who would I pick over Thomas and WHE? that’s a tough call. We don’t have the acolades that the 2010 team had and I would argue 2011 was even better as minor premiers.... but is this the best team we have ever fielded in the last 20 years? I’d say so.

Exactly... Mayne and Phillips are too important to structure and their positions would be hard to fill.

While the bottom four you mention, only 1 is slightly similar in position and role. So who would I pick over Thomas and WHE? that’s a tough call. We don’t have the acolades that the 2010 team had and I would argue 2011 was even better as minor premiers.... but is this the best team we have ever fielded in the last 20 years? I’d say so.
Best team we’ve fielded?

Not sure. It’s a cop out but a flag would be definitive.

What I do like is we are becoming loaded with higher end talent:

Pendlebury, Beams, Treloar, Sidebottom, Elliott, Grundy, De Goey
then the emergence of Stephenson, Crisp, Moore
Even Maynard, Langdon,
The toughness of Adams.

There’s quite a bit there, and that’s not counting the real solid next level group.

I’ve probably left out a couple.

We’ll see how we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back