Opinion Changes vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we drop Andrews ? If anything I wouldn't mind experimenting with him forward If we want to change anything .
yeah I would of chucked him and McStay up forward to see on Saturday. Schache going down back for a 10 mins of so would not be bad, although then he see how the ball is not butchered to Freo forward line :)

want to know the crazy thing I have a feeling we could beat the weagles or get close this week.. Sad I still have some hope.

want to know the crazy thing I have a feeling we could beat the weagles or get close this week.. Sad I still have some hope.
Have you been dropping acid again Dave?

No Nicnat so West can be rested. I watched Jansen closely and noticed his lack of spread and defensive effort. He had mates.Westy gives a solid effort at bounces but that is where it ends. Squizzy just needs to play in the reserves to get his mojo back.In Mathieson, Paparone and Walker. Out West,Jansen and Taylor.Bell and Matho in the midfield rotations. Rich half back and Hanley half forward. Martin back to his best role. Paparone across the wing or half back and Mayes back to where he belongs.
The Robbo tag goes to Shuey at centre bounces then Priddis at throw ins.That said I observed a defensive mindset at all our centre bounces against Freo. I believe that we should take an offensive mindset to bounces and ball ups and have a crack at attack first. Only go the hard tag around the ground or when required. This defeatist attitude was like a cancer after half Qtr time against Freo. Until then we attacked. Go figure.
Unlike many I have not lost all hope but I have lost faith in Leppas in game intelligence. He just is too slow to react to the bleeding obvious. We had Freo on the hop with fast ball movement then just took on this defensive mindset. They must have been instructed to make this change. Is it Leppa or Daly calling the strategic shots ?
Anyway I think this team will or at least be competitive .

Andrews Merrett Cutler
Rich Mcstay Gardiner
Robertson Rockliff Paparone
Mayes Walker Hanley
Bewick Schache Keays
Martin Robinson Zorko
Harwood Bastinac Mathieson Bell
This is as good a team as any mate, just don't know what happens after they run out.I think Mayes and Bewick forward is timely. We'd all love to know the real story with Hanley .

This is as good a team as any mate, just don't know what happens after they run out.I think Mayes and Bewick forward is timely. We'd all love to know the real story with Hanley .

I reckon Hanley knows his premiership dream is up and would love a GAA title before age catches up on him.

Plus Cian will be gone next contract.

According to the Recovery Report, Lester will be back this week if he gets through Thursday training. Green and Archie possibly back for the reserves. Paine unlikely.

Our injury list isn't looking too bad now compared to previous seasons. Beams, C.Hanley and McGrath out indefinitely, Christensen and Beasley 8 weeks and Watts for 2.

Hanley is clearly not right and I think carrying a groin, which is why he cant accelerate. Paps needs to come back, cant believe he wasnt straight back in. We need some continuity with the kids, I think we need to go to Nrob and say "we know you have been up and down but we are playing you for the next month". Same with Paine, has some good games, one bad game he is out. That starts guys playing for themselves and I am seeing a fair bit of that.

But our problems start in the middle, the two ruck thing not working. Neither of them are doing enough to hold a spot. Martin has runs on the board and should get a shot at solo ruck, but that head knock has taken its toll. Failing that play Walker in the ruck, or even dont contest and just rove the ball, its what everybody has been doing to Sandi for years. We need some defensive run and offensive spread from our mids. How long a contract did we give Basti? Not seeing it. Give Bell a chance to be the big inside mid.

I reckon Hanley knows his premiership dream is up and would love a GAA title before age catches up on him.

Plus Cian will be gone next contract.
It's a good theory, but he's still only 29 at the end of his current contract at the end of 2018. Assuming no serious long term injury, he could easily go home and play on in Ireland for a few years. He's still going to be harder than most of the guys running around over there - they're not professional athletes.

Better would be to rest him now and next week, he then gets the bye. That gives him a month to rest and sort out his body issues.

I can't see the Lions doing much this week or next week. I would say they have an opportunity over the bye round to get away from the footy club and refresh, the regroup with a new focus for the remaining 8 rounds of the season. If they can turn up against the Suns, then Essendon 2 weeks later they may just get the momentum required to pinch one against Port and Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Hipwood making debut this week...

Edit: Looks like an error upload by the Club. Danny Daly update is going to wrong video!!

It's on Twitter now so must be ok. Tuesday seems early for one of these though.

Wonder who he's in for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back