Preview Changes vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

But that’s the thing. Progression isn’t a linear curve.

Absolutely. It's more of an asymptotic trend at Melbourne. Clarry is going to go from the s**t to s**t.

I like the changes, we should be more mobile up forward with more pressure

Yep, ditto. Even with Hogan, Viney, Lever, Vince, Hunt, etc out, this still feels like one of the stronger teams we've put out this year and structurally we're not packing too many old / tall players. More run, more competitiveness, more effort, more skill in that side. Other than Melksham, of course. Always have to have one potato.

IN: Weideman, Hibberd, Kent, Melksham, Hannan

OUT: Hogan, Hunt, Kennedy-Harris, Garlett, Pedersen

Probably feels like this alot but our forward line will be 100 times more dangerous.
More tackling pressure and Hannan is a better player than Jeff at the moment..

Love me some Kent aswell on the big ground.

Kent and Hannan in, reckon we could get up by triple figures in this one.

If Wagner came in, I honestly think we'd win by a thousand.

Also is Garlett finished? It's not even the general laziness it's that he is missing all of his half chances now. It's like he's not practicing them enough anymore. Not sure how long he is contracted for but I reckon he might be done.

Could be done with us. He's been coasting since at least the midpoint of the season and putting in sporadic efforts and performances. I think he needs someone to motivate him and it doesn't look like Goody is that guy. Did nothing in the VFL to earn his spot back and hasn't looked overly fussed about keeping it in the AFL games since. He might be a nice guy and all that jazz that came up when he was punted from the side a month or two ago, but he struggles to pull the finger out for more than five minutes a game. If Goodwin takes the same approach with Garlett as he does with Watts, might see him shopped around during trade period.

Can't remember the last time Goody made a large group of changes

I understand he's absolutely ruthless with his pub trivia team. Perform or you're out. No second chances.

I swear you were one of the bastards who gave me crap for this idea last year :)

Happy to admit when I’m wrong mate, you should try it sometime ;)

Yep, ditto. Even with Hogan, Viney, Lever, Vince, Hunt, etc out, this still feels like one of the stronger teams we've put out this year and structurally we're not packing too many old / tall players. More run, more competitiveness, more effort, more skill in that side. Other than Melksham, of course. Always have to have one potato.

Best team we have put out in weeks imo, Hibberd and Melksham are so important for our structure. Jeffy is one of my favourites but has lost the plot this year, he is contracted for 2019 but wouldn’t be surprised if we trade him out for a packet of chips.

can someone please explain to me what Mitch Hannan adds to our side?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like he cares and will try, so has Jeff covered?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pressure + goals + run
Creates a contest in the air, too - unlike Garlett and JKH. Although that’s not really their fault when we constantly bomb it on their heads when they’re 1v1 with a KPD.

Actually think that’s the closest to our best 22 in a while, in terms of numbers at least.

Add Hogan, Viney, Lever and subtract Spargo, Weid and Tyson/vdB/ANB (depending on my mood) and we’re probably there. Of course the three missing are all top 5-7 in terms of importance, but 19/22 ain’t that bad.

You hardly ever see Tmac getting caught up wrestling, he's either working hard back into space or launching into the footy at the highest point. He would be so hard to play on..

I swear you were one of the bastards who gave me crap for this idea last year :)
Not to mention he is an elite athlete so staying with him if he decides to go for a run would be hard. Bloke is an absolute gun worth every dollar and more.

Actually think that’s the closest to our best 22 in a while, in terms of numbers at least.

Add Hogan, Viney, Lever and subtract Spargo, Weid and Tyson/vdB/ANB (depending on my mood) and we’re probably there. Of course the three missing are all top 5-7 in terms of importance, but 19/22 ain’t that bad.

Would think Spargo would keep his spot. Yes, did some frustrating things last week, but has looked our most lively and natural small forward for most of the year. If Viney comes in, I think Tyson gets squeezed out. If it's a direct swap, I would think Lever actually comes in for Lewis.

can someone please explain to me what Mitch Hannan adds to our side?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Next time you go to a game live, just watch his pressure in the forward 50. Charges around like a madman, doesn’t win huge numbers but is a clever footballer

There was one moment in the third were Garlett run over a lose ball in the centre and seemed more about the oncoming contact than winning the footy.

There was one moment in the third were Garlett run over a lose ball in the centre and seemed more about the oncoming contact than winning the footy.
I would say there’s been a moment like that in nearly every game he’s played. We gloss over it when he’s kicking 4-5 goals and making big tackles inside 50, but it sticks out like the proverbial when he’s off.

Not sure why Hannan attracts so much criticism on here - provides a marking target, applies plenty of pressure, loves a crumb and averages a goal and a half a game.

That, and when he has the ball he runs like he’s trying to knee himself in the face which is the kind of entertainment I go to the football for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back