Preview Changes vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

on a day when we absolutely butchered the ball, JKH went at 100% disposal efficiency according to the AFL website. while plenty of others coughed it up repeatedly, like Garlett, Spargo, Jones, ANB, and what about Hogans horrible 42%. I know JKH is slow and not very good, but at least he managed to use the ball well enough when he did get it. still, having said that, I wouldn't be sad to see him dropped.
if Hogan is injured then I reckon Weideman or Smith has to come in, as Pederson looks too slow for AFL these days. I don't think he can play any other position besides ruck anymore. he should be dropped.

on a day when we absolutely butchered the ball, JKH went at 100% disposal efficiency according to the AFL website. while plenty of others coughed it up repeatedly, like Garlett, Spargo, Jones, ANB, and what about Hogans horrible 42%. I know JKH is slow and not very good, but at least he managed to use the ball well enough when he did get it. still, having said that, I wouldn't be sad to see him dropped.
if Hogan is injured then I reckon Weideman or Smith has to come in, as Pederson looks too slow for AFL these days. I don't think he can play any other position besides ruck anymore. he should be dropped.
Disposal efficiency is a pretty crap stat. Any kick over 40m to a contest is considered “efficient” regardless of result after the contest. You could kick a shithouse high hospital pass 40m and it’s “efficient”. Or kick 40m to a 3 on 1 and it’s “efficient”.
1 inside 50 and 128 metres gained for a link up player is a bit more accurate to look at

Pardon the intrusion but I think the dees will claim their first top 8 scalp this week. Hogan has been a petulant waste of space of late (possibly due to carrying that foot injury) and Hibberd & Melksham will be massive ins should they be declared fit. Clean up your entries and you'll do some damage on a fast track

Disposal efficiency is a pretty crap stat. Any kick over 40m to a contest is considered “efficient” regardless of result after the contest. You could kick a shithouse high hospital pass 40m and it’s “efficient”. Or kick 40m to a 3 on 1 and it’s “efficient”.
1 inside 50 and 128 metres gained for a link up player is a bit more accurate to look at
geez well those blokes who went at around 50% DE must of had real bad games then, if they couldn't bump their numbers up with those easy pass marks lol.

In: Weid, T.Smith, Hibberd, Melksham, Bugg, Kent
Out: Hogan (inj), Hunt (inj), Pedo, JKH, Spargo, Garlett

Out: Hogan, Hunt, Pedo
In: Hibberd, Melksham, Kent

Small forward line.

AVB to play KPF lining up on McGovern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would stick with Pedo as a forward over Weideman. I just have more trust in Pedersen at this stage.

No way we drop both Spargo and Garlett. Not having a decent crumber killed us against Port.

Have a feeling a few players will cop reprieves (JKH, Pedo, Garlett very lucky to stay in)...

Out: Hogan (inj), Hunt (inj), Spargo (omitted - He[s a much different player to Fritsch, I like him but needs a spell and we're at the point where we just need to go for experience.)
In: Melksham, Hibberd, Kent

FB: Jetta O. McDonald Lewis
HB: Hibberd Frost Salem
C: Neal-Bullen Jones Brayshaw
HF: Petracca T. McDonald Melksham
FF: vandenBerg Pedersen Fritsch
RUC: Gawn Oliver Harmes
INT: Tyson JKH Kent Garlett
EMERG: Hannan Weideman Bugg Wagner

I wouldn't be opposed to say a Hannan in for JKH though.

Have a feeling a few players will cop reprieves (JKH, Pedo, Garlett very lucky to stay in)...

Out: Hogan (inj), Hunt (inj), Spargo (omitted - He[s a much different player to Fritsch, I like him but needs a spell and we're at the point where we just need to go for experience.)
In: Melksham, Hibberd, Kent

FB: Jetta O. McDonald Lewis
HB: Hibberd Frost Salem
C: Neal-Bullen Jones Brayshaw
HF: Petracca T. McDonald Melksham
FF: vandenBerg Pedersen Fritsch
RUC: Gawn Oliver Harmes
INT: Tyson JKH Kent Garlett
EMERG: Hannan Weideman Bugg Wagner

I wouldn't be opposed to say a Hannan in for JKH though.
I was going to post these exact changes. Three changes seems about the right amount for me. Sunday’s performance while poor, wasn’t the sort of absolute disaster to justify 4+ changes in my opinion. You risk throwing out team chemistry with that level of change, and a nine point loss to a finals challenger is no reason to go so hard at the team.

Any news on Vardy? WCE play both he and Lycett, if that is the case it strengthens pederson's case. If eagles just went in with one ruck i'd prefer to drop Pederson for another runner and go with a small forward line. BUT would leave us with Vanders as the no.1 tall forward whilst Tmac was in the ruck.

Any news on Vardy? WCE play both he and Lycett, if that is the case it strengthens pederson's case. If eagles just went in with one ruck i'd prefer to drop Pederson for another runner and go with a small forward line. BUT would leave us with Vanders as the no.1 tall forward whilst Tmac was in the ruck.

I think a small forward line will be harder for McGovern to deal with.

As long as we are patient with our entries and don't bomb it long.

would need it in Melksham's hands as much as possible.

Pardon the intrusion but I think the dees will claim their first top 8 scalp this week. Hogan has been a petulant waste of space of late (possibly due to carrying that foot injury) and Hibberd & Melksham will be massive ins should they be declared fit. Clean up your entries and you'll do some damage on a fast track
Good point about a fast track. It's almost identical to Etihad in width and narrower than the G.

I wouldn't bet on us to win but we're more Chance this week than next. We travel well.

Yeah Hibbo and Melk are huge for our structure, Hibbo with rebounding from D50 and Melksham is the best inside 50 player in the comp.

Yeah Hibbo and Melk are huge for our structure, Hibbo with rebounding from D50 and Melksham is the best inside 50 player in the comp.
I reckon it's been seriously underrated how big an impact Hibberd's absence has been ... I reckon we beat Geelong and Sydney with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back