Preview Changes vs. Weagles (out: Nahas Dal Santo | in: Anderson Clarke)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Anderson being selected over Clarke is laughable.

On the one hand you have a new draftee, who although having shown promise in the VFL is raw.

On the other you have a guy with a few AFL pre-seasons under his belt, who has played at AFL level, and addresses a need we desperately have in the team (small forward with pace).

If you're comparing VFL stat sheets and saying 30 > 10 then you really have no idea. The players do not have an under 10 style rolling mob where the best player get more possessions. Clarke played on the ball, whereas Anderson played the role he's likely to at AFL level, small forward. Clearly he did what the coaches wanted.

Clarke will get his turn. He is not at this stage in his career "the difference"

Any other top 8 coach would've played Clarke by now.
Daw should be in also for Drew i don't care if it's snowing on Sunday.
But Braddles hasn't got no balls to make the call.
I really miss having a ruthless coach that doesn't pick his team on who ur name is.
Last yrs post back injury were Brad came back with a harder edge was a load of crap.
I want a Ruthless coach at selection and game day and i just don't see it and don't expect to see it ever with Brad.
This.

Ray playing over Clarke is pure trolling.

Drew would want to do something this week otherwise I can't see him surviving with Waite back

This.

Ray playing over Clarke is pure trolling.

Drew would want to do something this week otherwise I can't see him surviving with Waite back

Sure, play the debutante in a road trip to Perth that we realistically have to win to have a solid chance of top 4. Perhaps lets see how he transitions to senior level before claiming he's the saviour. Maybe next week against Port. Young teams never travel well, might be something behind that.

I thought the team was going to flourish when we got rid of McMillan. What happened mate?

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Anderson being selected over Clarke is laughable.

On the one hand you have a new draftee, who although having shown promise in the VFL is raw.

On the other you have a guy with a few AFL pre-seasons under his belt, who has played at AFL level, and addresses a need we desperately have in the team (small forward with pace).

If you're comparing VFL stat sheets and saying 30 > 10 then you really have no idea. The players do not have an under 10 style rolling mob where the best player get more possessions. Clarke played on the ball, whereas Anderson played the role he's likely to at AFL level, small forward. Clearly he did what the coaches wanted.

Clarke will get his turn. He is not at this stage in his career "the difference"

Farren Ray.

Farren.

Ray.

I don't care what "role" he's playing, he's s**t at it.

Lol the alias is back.

Yep goes to show how many issues we have now if I haven't even got round to mentioning his name yet

Alias in what sense mate? Because I don't use my real name?

Bigfooty is nice and all, but nowhere near worth having multiple accounts. As I said the last time you tried to deflect valid criticism of you onto me not having many posts, I forgot the password of the email associated with my old account and could no longer access it, So I made a new one.

Even if I WAS aliasing, it wouldn't detract from you being a trigger happy goose in the lead up to Thursday each week

Farren Ray.

Farren.

Ray.

I don't care what "role" he's playing, he's s**t at it.

I get it, my point was that the trip to Perth is difficult for a reason. Maybe the coaching panel want a known quantity who has done it before rather than sending a debutante across. Also the team defense that sides use these days fall apart if one player has a brain fade and their opponent gets out. Maybe Ray is just the more reliable option for a must win game.
At any rate, I put my faith in the match committee as what would I know :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson in for Nahas is great. He has played 2 games and is fine. That's why the medico's passed him fit to play.

Wells on the other hand has to pass himself fit to play and won't. He will be ok on the Rookie list next year, better than Nahas at any rate.

Clarke has been threatening to create a big non-selection bun fight for weeks now. Reckon this is his big breakthrough. Impressive, but still not at Maj levels.

Outrage at Daw non-selection >>>> outrage at Clarke non-selection.

(Daw still not at Mason Wood or Ayden Kennedy levels.)

Happy enough with that. Think people are underestimating how crucial Anderson's role is - we desperately need class users forward of centre with Higgins etc out. Very happy to see him back. And no offence to Robbie, but I'll go spare if we ever play him again. I'm pretty sure Ray will be in to run with one of their front-running outside types (like half their side?) so happy to back him in to do that. Out for Clarke/Wells next week. Carn North. Got to win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back