Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Atkins compared to Ablett, Gaff and Isaac Smith?

You've outdone yourself, Big Footy!

Are you saying this isn’t true?

Rat has a higher contested possession % than
Issac Smith
Andrew Gaff
Lachie Whitfield

Jacobs under Clarke were a formidable pair over the last 4 or so years. Jacobs was unlucky to not make AA selection on several occasions. Even last year in August he was considered in AA contention before running out of juice in the back-end. He was named in the 40 man squad. This year we’ve seen a marked drop off in performance. Now it could be from injury, or that he’s just plain tuckered out. But you cannot claim that Clarke is a dud based on Jacobs.

Gotta say that this is kinda blinkered Jenny. Jacobs is pretty much a liability in field play and has been for seasons.

And having read a few more posts, just look at the field work of Grundy, Gawn, even Goldstein.

Last edited:
Jacobs under Clarke were a formidable pair over the last 4 or so years. Jacobs was unlucky to not make AA selection on several occasions. Even last year in August he was considered in AA contention before running out of juice in the back-end. He was named in the 40 man squad. This year we’ve seen a marked drop off in performance. Now it could be from injury, or that he’s just plain tuckered out. But you cannot claim that Clarke is a dud based on Jacobs.
Disagree re Jacobs. He hasnt been a top line ruck for at least 3 years. NicNat, Gawn, Goldstein, Mumford, Sandi, Martin, Ryder, Grundy all went past him as he got worse for a player supposed to be in his prime years.

This is laughable .

Anyone know how to watch games on afl live pass when o/seas?
I used it to watch 4 games earlier this year from Northern Italy. It was very straightforward setting it up on my iPad however I had a lot a problems with the vision freezing and having to restart it. This wasn’t much of a problem when we played Collingwood (the less I saw the better) but it was very annoying for the Sydney match.

I think the isuue is the quality of the internet I used (I was staying in appartments which had free wifi).

This is laughable .
Jacobs was unlucky to miss out on All-Australian selection after being named in the squad of 40 for the second time in three years. The influential big man, who played all 22 games, was the No.1 ruckman according to Champion Data Rankings in 2014. He led the AFL in hit-outs to advantage (257); collected more disposals (358); took more marks (90) and generated more rebound 50ms than any other dedicated ruckman. Finished equal-fourth in the Crows Club Champion award and celebrated his 100th game in Round 19.

Cemented his position as one of the game’s premier ruckmen in 2015. Jacobs played every game of the season and finished third in the League for hit-outs and hit-outs to advantage. His total of 859 hit-outs is an Adelaide Football Club season record. While dominating in the ruck, Jacobs continued to provide an option around the ground and averaged 15.4 possessions per game. He finished fourth in Adelaide's best and fairest count and signed a new long-term contract that will seem him most likely finish his career as a Crow. Returns to the senior leadership group in 2016.

The durable big man led the Crows’ ruck department again in 2016 and continued to enhance his reputation as one of the best in his position. Gave his teammates first-use more often than not, finishing fourth in the competition for hit-outs (703) and fifth in hit-outs to advantage (202). Also showed his ability to win the ball around the ground, ranking second in the League among ruckmen for kicks (176). Continued to develop his offensive work to boot a career-best eight goals for the season. An ankle injury late in the year ended an impressive streak of 93 consecutive games but Jacobs was able to return to feature in the Club’s finals series.

Selected in the All Australian squad of 40 and recognised with fourth place in the Crows Club Champion award after another consistent season in 2017. The reliable ruckman played every game, topping the AFL for hit-outs and finishing level with Giants ruckman Shane Mumford for hit-outs to advantage at the end of the minor round. He averaged a career-high 40 hit-outs per game to go with 15 disposals, four marks and three clearances. Jacobs recorded a career-high 74 hit-outs against Melbourne in Round Eight. He also set a new personal best for disposals (26) against Richmond in Round Six. Joined elite company in winning his third Showdown Medal with two goals, 42 hit-outs and 12 touches against All Australian ruckman Paddy Ryder in Round 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say that this is kinda blinkered Jenny. Jacobs is pretty much a liability in field play and has been for seasons.

And having read a few more posts, just look at the field work of Grundy, Gawn, even Goldstein.
Disagree, it's only this year Jacobs' form and ground coverage has fallen off a cliff to a great degree.....and he's not Robinson Crusoe there either.

Are you saying this isn’t true?

Rat has a higher contested possession % than
Issac Smith
Andrew Gaff
Lachie Whitfield
All of these 3 are far better players than Atkins & will be around the mark of the All Australian squad... & we would swap in a heartbeat.

Using 1 statistic alone is hardly an argument for claiming how good a player is...

This is laughable .
It's not really.

Clarke has done a great job in developing guys, hes just not a good match day man. That's not to say he doesn't need to be moved on, he certainly does.

Atkins compared to Ablett, Gaff and Isaac Smith?

You've outdone yourself, Big Footy!
Rat compared to Ablett as a player.....no I did not.

Rat and Ablett both lacking any defensive capabilities, yes that is the comparison.

At no point did my post compare OVERALL Rat and Ablett as players, just one specific attribute. It's really not that hard......

I'm saying that they shouldn't even be in the same conversation.

It's like saying Aaron Keating played in a flag and so did Wayne Carey, therefore they're comparable.

No it’s nothing like that

No he's saying that, on the other side of the ledger, Rat offers a tiny percentage of what those players do.

The discussion wasn’t about the other side of the ledger, it was about Rat not being about to contest.

He is less uncontested than those other guys.

Rat compared to Ablett as a player.....no I did not.

Rat and Ablett both lacking any defensive capabilities, yes that is the comparison.

At no point did my post compare OVERALL Rat and Ablett as players, just one specific attribute. IT'S REALLY NOT THAT HARD......
Just like Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back