Prediction Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

The same as every other week,why is Trengove in the team? There’s two rucks, a tall forward and four tall defenders other than Trengove. Does anyone believe Trengove’s going to be playing ahead of Boyd, Shache, English, Adams, Naughton or Cordy in the future? He’s not like a player such as Morris who still adds value to the team, surely giving younger players a go is a better option.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah nah I think we can! 2016 lives on!

I guess when success is is rare and finals are few and far between then living in the past might help to pass through extended periods of mediocrity.
Continue your dwelling on the past and enjoy life.
Only kidding mate just a bit of humour but if you can't handle it just press the down key.
Oh by the way you might not see the humour in this post and might even be upset but just remember that you being upset might make others laugh.
Good day sir.

The same as every other week,why is Trengove in the team? There’s two rucks, a tall forward and four tall defenders other than Trengove. Does anyone believe Trengove’s going to be playing ahead of Boyd, Shache, English, Adams, Naughton or Cordy in the future? He’s not like a player such as Morris who still adds value to the team, surely giving younger players a go is a better option.

Believe is an interesting word, fear might be more appropriate term.

The funny thing with our premiership hangover, is that it looks a lot like the sort of crap which held us back prior to our 2015/2016.

Preferential selection treatment to certain players, unfair treatment to others, elevation of so called 'good people' over more talented alternatives, over indulgence of youth and under appreciation of experience.
Our injuries have actually covered up for the horrendous team selection performances of our match committee in both 2018 and 2017.

Clearly Bev over rated Trengove but his level of faith in the man and the decision to bring him to the club currently shows no signs of weakening.
It doesn't matter much at the moment but I fear it will if it continues next year. Funny thing is I kind of like Trengove, he tries hard and seems like a nice bloke. 10-20 years ago he might have been a gun mobile ruckman in the Dean Cox mould. Unfortunately, he doesn't really fit any position in our team at the moment and his presence tends to throw the team balance out as a result.

Conversely, I don't know what poor Fletcher Roberts did to upset the match committee but their treatment of him since the premiership has been completely inconsistent with his actual performance when selected. He has the capacity to do a better job in the roles typically being given to Trengove (and some others), but can't catch a break at selection.

I think we need some new assistant coaches next year, because this batch is either not giving Bev the alternative views he needs to hear or if they are, he isn't listening to them. Either way something needs to change, and it needs to change before next season starts.

Lipinski getting dropped was overdue.

Last edited:

I guess when success is is rare and finals are few and far between then living in the past might help to pass through extended periods of mediocrity.
Continue your dwelling on the past and enjoy life.
Only kidding mate just a bit of humour but if you can't handle it just press the down key.
Oh by the way you might not see the humour in this post and might even be upset but just remember that you being upset might make others laugh.
Good day sir.

LOL go your hardest mate doesn’t bother me this is BF!

Come back to me next time you win an away final you pretenders!

WCE should be stripped of their early flags. State team.
Should also apologise for andrew mcdougalll.

Every WCE flag also has drug queries. Massive roid suspicions in the 90's while in 06 they were drugged to the eyeballs allowing them to train harder plus EPO suspicions.

Only team to be looked at for deregistration for 'cuclha' reasons.

WCE are a drug f@cked, entitled, rich mining bogan organsisation. Other than that they arent a bad club, well apart from being WA based - redneck heartland.

Realistically looking at our team this week, I think we have around 18/22 who I would say are best 22 (best 25 at worst) playing. Lynch, Trengove, Smith and Honeychurch are the 4 I would not rate as best 22.

Bont, Libba, Williams and Wood (maybe Suckling) are the only injuries who I rate as best 22. Dale ... not convinced at the moment, Dicko, Picko and Red ... uncertain due to injuries.

Therefore although some of our 'outs' are significant, using injuries is simply an excuse. I'd expect us to be more competitive, than some predict or we are simply a fair way off the pace.

Every WCE flag also has drug queries. Massive roid suspicions in the 90's while in 06 they were drugged to the eyeballs allowing them to train harder plus EPO suspicions.

WCE are a drug f@cked, entitled, rich mining bogan organsisation. Other than that they arent a bad club, well apart from being WA based - redneck heartland.
Also responsible for one of the biggest GF chokes in 2015. Deer in the headlight sort of stuff

RotW. :thumbsu:

I love a good no-holds-barred rant!

Realistically looking at our team this week, I think we have around 18/22 who I would say are best 22 (best 25 at worst) playing. Lynch, Trengove, Smith and Honeychurch are the 4 I would not rate as best 22.

Bont, Libba, Williams and Wood (maybe Suckling) are the only injuries who I rate as best 22. Dale ... not convinced at the moment, Dicko, Picko and Red ... uncertain due to injuries.

Therefore although some of our 'outs' are significant, using injuries is simply an excuse. I'd expect us to be more competitive, than some predict or we are simply a fair way off the pace.
Maybe Suckling? He's been a top 3 player for us this year.
Dickson and Picken are certain best 22 if not injured.

Believe is an interesting word, fear might be more appropriate term.

The funny thing with our premiership hangover, is that it looks a lot like the sort of crap which held us back prior to our 2015/2016.

Preferential selection treatment to certain players, unfair treatment to others, elevation of so called 'good people' over more talented alternatives, over indulgence of youth and under appreciation of experience.
Our injuries have actually covered up for the horrendous team selection performances of our match committee in both 2018 and 2017.

Clearly Bev over rated Trengove but his level of faith in the man and the decision to bring him to the club currently shows no signs of weakening.
It doesn't matter much at the moment but I fear it will if it continues next year. Funny thing is I kind of like Trengove, he tries hard and seems like a nice bloke. 10-20 years ago he might have been a gun mobile ruckman in the Dean Cox mould. Unfortunately, he doesn't really fit any position in our team at the moment and his presence tends to throw the team balance out as a result.

Conversely, I don't know what poor Fletcher Roberts did to upset the match committee but their treatment of him since the premiership has been completely inconsistent with his actual performance when selected. He has the capacity to do a better job in the roles typically being given to Trengove (and some others), but can't catch a break at selection.

I think we need some new assistant coaches next year, because this batch is either not giving Bev the alternative views he needs to hear or if they are, he isn't listening to them. Either way something needs to change, and it needs to change before next season starts.

Lipinski getting dropped was overdue.

I don’t think Beveridge really knows the best makeup or playing style for the group this year, which understandable to a degree. Some fresh ideas from an experienced outside coach would seem like a great fit at the moment. This year feels a lot like 2014 where’s a lot to like, but there’s enough poor aspects for things to go downhill quickly in games.

Bont, Libba, Williams and Wood (maybe Suckling) are 1/4 of our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an exercise why not match our injured players to the Tigers team last night and the consider how they would have gone.
Cotchin for Libba Martin for Bont Grimes for Wood Picken for ??? Etc etc

I don’t think Beveridge really knows the best makeup or playing style for the group this year, which understandable to a degree. Some fresh ideas from an experienced outside coach would seem like a great fit at the moment. This year feels a lot like 2014 where’s a lot to like, but there’s enough poor aspects for things to go downhill quickly in games.

I think Bev's style preferences are still there and still come through occasionally, but I don't think his assessment of individual player capabilities and role selections are currently matching that style vision.

In that I can see some of similarities with some of the key failings of the McCartney period, although I wouldn't like to draw too many similarities between Bev and McCartney.

McCartney still sets the all time low bar for me in terms of coaching performances at the Bulldogs. A historical analysis of his time in charge would be a great study in most of the classic mistakes a coach can make, so in that sense almost every coach who makes a mistake can probably be compared to McCartney in some way but I don't think that we should draw too many conclusions from the comparison.

That’s what I thought. I’m rubbish with names/faces but can’t think who else it was, really looked like him.
All the other emergencies played didn't they - Biggs, Roberts, Greene?
If they had taken two emergencies to the west we'd know someone was out but only Lipinski travelled so it looks like business as usual.

I remember watching blokes trying to tackle Dwayne Lamb while he was playing and being amazed by his size and strength. If anyone has a clip of Dwayne Lamb being successfully tackled please post it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back