Preview Changes vs West Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's cat did Goodwin run-over to land you guys 2 away games in a row? Gold Coast to Perth within 6 days seems ridiculous.

Has been a weird fixture for us so far this year that's for sure.

7 day break
6 day break
Another 6 day break (travel to Sydney)
9 day break
4 day break
10 day break
7 day break (travel to Gold Coast)
6 day break (Travel to Perth)

7 day break
6 day break
9 day break
4 day break
10 day break
Then it's 8 days, 6 days, 9 days and 12 days

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

7 day break
6 day break
9 day break
4 day break
10 day break
Wow. That's pretty bad. I guess we can't complain about having to travel every second week anymore lol

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
have you guys forgotten that we are horrible after 7 day breaks at the G?

I say bring on any bizarre location and short turn around as it might be our best chance at winning
Our winning % must be better away from the G surely? Bizarre and clearly not sustainable if we want to be playing finals on a regular basis..

have you guys forgotten that we are horrible after 7 day breaks at the G?

I say bring on any bizarre location and short turn around as it might be our best chance at winning
Should have made them fly to Perth immediately and play Sunday morning

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah he looks scared to kick a goal now save for that one snap on boundary. He immediately looks around for a handpass but hes our most instinctive forward. They need to say to him don't worry about kicking 2.5 just get the ball and kick it towards goal.

Hunt isn't a small forward, he is playing his role but he is a straight line not an agile player and he doesn't have that goal sense of a gun small.

Hannan does, but we need Garlett

Refresh my memory on Hannan’s expected return

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Apparently, spare the Bulldogs, every team that has beaten Gold Coast, have gone on to win the next week. So looking forward to joining the Bulldogs this week.

Nice. I got the Dees at $3.85

The footy wagering gods remember my sacrificial wager on the Suns last week, so this will be like taking candy from a baby.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah he looks scared to kick a goal now save for that one snap on boundary. He immediately looks around for a handpass but hes our most instinctive forward. They need to say to him don't worry about kicking 2.5 just get the ball and kick it towards goal.

Hunt isn't a small forward, he is playing his role but he is a straight line not an agile player and he doesn't have that goal sense of a gun small.

Hannan does, but we need Garlett
There are a couple of players at the moment - Trac and Jeff - that really need some basic style rookie handling. Both of them seem to have low density brain cells that are fully overloaded with instructions that can’t be processed without other body parts shutting down.

Bung em both forwardish and give them a generalised “go for it when it’s there” type instruction. Stuff our forward craft and bringing the team into it lick of ice cream s**t. It’s not like it is remotely working so they can ditch it for two players for a week or two. If the game looks like unstructured Auskick mess I’m unlikely to notice the difference.

Also, Trac should forget about the burden of getting it through the sticks for now. He should snap at anything when in range - he’s not bad at that. For set shots he should just think about a good ball drop and connecting well with the boot. Tell him there is a slab of lasagne in it for him if he just does three good examples of goal preparation.

Hunt actually looks as though he’s learning to let go of the head stuff and is playing better for it through instinct. True, his game has deficiencies but what is needed right now is a few more players with a modicum of confidence.

While these three blokes are just winging it by instinct, and Preuss is kicking a bag from weird giraffe snaps on an angle from outside 50, this gives TMac a much needed opportunity to concentrate on NOT RUNNING UNDER THE BALL every ******* time.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
There are a couple of players at the moment - Trac and Jeff - that really need some basic style rookie handling. Both of them seem to have low density brain cells that are fully overloaded with instructions that can’t be processed without other body parts shutting down.

Bung em both forwardish and give them a generalised “go for it when it’s there” type instruction. Stuff our forward craft and bringing the team into it lick of ice cream ****. It’s not like it is remotely working so they can ditch it for two players for a week or two. If the game looks like unstructured Auskick mess I’m unlikely to notice the difference.

Also, Trac should forget about the burden of getting it through the sticks for now. He should snap at anything when in range - he’s not bad at that. For set shots he should just think about a good ball drop and connecting well with the boot. Tell him there is a slab of lasagne in it for him if he just does three good examples of goal preparation.

Hunt actually looks as though he’s learning to let go of the head stuff and is playing better for it through instinct. True, his game has deficiencies but what is needed right now is a few more players with a modicum of confidence.

While these three blokes are just winging it by instinct, and Preuss is kicking a bag from weird giraffe snaps on an angle from outside 50, this gives TMac a much needed opportunity to concentrate on NOT RUNNING UNDER THE BALL every ******* time.

I have some really bad news PG. I agree with all of this.

I’m so sorry.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Bung em both forwardish and give them a generalised “go for it when it’s there” type instruction. Stuff our forward craft and bringing the team into it lick of ice cream ****. It’s not like it is remotely working so they can ditch it for two players for a week or two. If the game looks like unstructured Auskick mess I’m unlikely to notice the difference.

Great post. I said a couple weeks ago we’ve stuffed Trac mentally up forward, he is a very talented kid but I don’t think he has high footy IQ and all we have done is confuse him.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Speaking of Hunt, am I way overestimating the play he made at the end of the game? Haven’t heard much discussion of it.

To my eye, it looked like the kind of clutch play the ginger man made regularly last season.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Speaking of Hunt, am I way overestimating the play he made at the end of the game? Haven’t heard much discussion of it.

To my eye, it looked like the kind of clutch play the ginger man made regularly last season.

Funnily enough I was more impressed with the contest he put up that allowed the ball to spill to Harmes than the handball before.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

He was very good late. Hunt is a limited player but his attack on the ball is something I’ve never questioned, he is as hard as anyone in our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back