Preview Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins: me going to the one game a year i can see the dees
Outs: dees probably getting pumped again
* me so theres a couple of us poor campaigners over in perth copping s**t every week from these dumb fuvk eagle supporters

I remember one game when I used to play I was chasing after a player with the ball. A little bloke decides to try & shepard his team mate & charges into me front on. I braced for impact & he bounced off me & didn't get up. Almost started an all in brawl & I didn't do anything but protect myself. Copped a nice cheap shot in the back of the head later that game in a marking contest too.
Lucky youre not steven may woukd have been suspended!

Without Melksham I don't really think it matters. He is just so far our most important player at the moment imo. He and Oliver. We lose either of those players and we'd really struggle.

Just pick fit players. Don't send injured players back out. Don't pick injured players. I don't care what their name or position is, just pick fit players and shuffle it around to make it work. Likely won't affect the result, we all know that.

**** me so theres a couple of us poor campaigners over in perth copping **** every week from these dumb fuvk eagle supporters
yeah mate born and bred, adore this city but fmd i would swap the eagles for any other club in the league, worst supporters by a 'uge margin.

echoing the sentiments here however; Melk out is a huge blow and really hurts our chances, BUT the weather is looking cold and miserable and with all the discussion about optus oval's playing surface at night (they've been drowing it in water to soften it up throughout the day but at night the water rises to the surface and creates a slick ball) which will help our game style.

optimistic but not confident, iggs by 18-24pts

Gotta keep playing Garlett for another few weeks. Been getting to the right spots then fumbling so there's a small chance it will turn. Either way I don't think playing him in the 2s anymore is worthwhile.

Garlett needs to play if Preuss is picked. Pruess needs to be our bail out kick long and garlett crumming 20m from goal, he is probs top 5 in the league at it.

Yeah I’m sorry but our season is done. Not because of our injury list, but when you’re playing like crap anyway it’s impossible to turn it around with out something to play with. If we beat GWS that’d be good (genuinely think they’d lose to Casey at the ‘G), but we needed to beat Essendon etc when we were fit to have at least 5 wins and be alive after the bye.

Yeah I’m sorry but our season is done. Not because of our injury list, but when you’re playing like crap anyway it’s impossible to turn it around with out something to play with. If we beat GWS that’d be good (genuinely think they’d lose to Casey at the ‘G), but we needed to beat Essendon etc when we were fit to have at least 5 wins and be alive after the bye.

Saying we could beat the eagles is like saying I could * Miranda Kerr this weekend. I could.. But it's not a high number of potential outcomes in a multiverse

Saying we could beat the eagles is like saying I could **** Miranda Kerr this weekend. I could.. But it's not a high number of potential outcomes in a multiverse

I only got the Dees paying 3.85, so either you’ve got a real chance with Kerr or you need to recalibrate your probabilities.

I only got the Dees paying 3.85, so either you’ve got a real chance with Kerr or you need to recalibrate your probabilities.
We are playing like s**t, have 16 on the injury list and lost last time out there by Qtr time...

The punters must be real dumb this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current odds put the Dees chances somewhere between 20-25% to win.

Seems we agree after all

Current odds put the Dees chances somewhere between 20-25% to win.

Seems we agree after all

Let me translate. TopKent is saying that we are a 000001% chance to win.

Personally, I reckon the following needs to happen to keep it within a couple of goals
  • They need to be complacent and tired
  • We need to tag their marking defenders/rebounders (Hearn, McGovern etc)
  • Must have crumber at Bdogs feet at all times (to your point)
  • Look for a kick at about the 40M (I'd almost prefer shallow, lateral entries until we learn to lower the eyes) rather then 20M out when going forward, at least then we can slow it down and generate shots on goal
    • EDIT: This is actually the bit I am least confident in, we would have to have our forwards executing leading patterns away from each other and at the ball carrier, probably redoubling their efforts multiple times - which I think we have shown we cannot do
  • Midfield must neutralize the contest inside and not have everyone get sucked in (I think we are getting better at the moment)
  • Manic pressure to deny their marking game
The lack of talent means sadly we have to play with OMAC (sorry Tempy) which is like being a man down in defense. I'm not that worried about the forward 6 as we wont kick a big score anyway.

Last edited:
Saying we could beat the eagles is like saying I could **** Miranda Kerr this weekend. I could.. But it's not a high number of potential outcomes in a multiverse
Come on mate, we're having a bad season but we're not THAT bad ;)

We are trash and the seasons been done since the Essendon game really, I say soak up all the stupid 1 pt wins and Preuss goals from outside 50 and be done with it. Maybe unearth a young player or two (Hore, Lockhart?) and pick up some 18 year old protege who can step right in on a flank somewhere and hope for a good draw for 2020

Anything else will just bring misery

MELBOURNE is set to return to Optus Stadium on Friday night for the first time since last year’s nightmare Preliminary Final outing.

But co-captain Jack Viney says the venue holds no fears and won’t have an impact on his side’s performance against the Eagles in Round 9.

“It’s a different year, different teams,” Viney said on the club’s Inside Melbourne podcast.

This is the best spin exercise for an injury crisis I've seen. Clearly Misson deliberately poisoned our players to erase the possibility of being affected by scars from the prelim.

Topkent, I think you’re getting your ambitions and capabilities mixed up.

WCE aren't a high scoring team, the move the ball slowly out of the backline which is to our advantage. The question will be can we kick a winning score, will WCE play quicker to try and catch our depleted backline and expose our defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back