Preview Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No matter what happens everyone will talk about how good Baker looks due to his Leg speed.
The kid has got plenty of tricks, I’ve seen them with my own eyes. Hopefully he gets a decent chance to show them off, rather than being dropped after what is probably the toughest debut you can get ... although I’m fully aware that that is what will likely happen

The kid has got plenty of tricks, I’ve seen them with my own eyes. Hopefully he gets a decent chance to show them off, rather than being dropped after what is probably the toughest debut you can get ... although I’m fully aware that that is what will likely happen

I'm Not gonna judge him off one game but whatever he does, everyone here will say it was 20% better because he has Leg speed.

People here still thought Blease was a good footballer when he was delisted.

Hopefully he gets a month and someone like Stretch is dropped.

No matter what happens everyone will talk about how good Baker looks due to his Leg speed.
I guarantee you it’ll be me irrespective of how badly or well he plays because the iota of love I have for a game of rolling mauls and layers of zoning is still overshadowed by the fact the mighty demons still roll up every week.

Baker said he wants to bring “speed and flair” to the game. We have so much of that already I can see why it’s taken him this long to get a game.
Sarcasm yeah? Can't tell through interwebz

Hmmm,

Starting to get a faint whiff of 186. I'm not sure if an honourable 6 goal loss or an almighty thrashing would be of more interest.

I like what Adelaide has done to fix it's game plan, maybe we can recreate that next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Baker get a run. Also happy to see Petty again. Although we almost look too tall down back if the 3 key backs are out there. They do have Allen as well to cover I guess.
I see they have Hickey as first emergency and he didn’t play WAFL last night. Preuss was in the travelling squad so I’ll be watching a possible late change.

Do they? They looked pretty rapid against us in the PF last year. They’ve bought in Rioli so I expect to see OMac, Frost and Petty doing a lot of not much as he weaves around them like a sidewinder.

They sure did, whether or not they've changed their game plan intentionally or by default this year they are moving the ball slower but they retain the ball a lot......a good chance this formline is reversed tonight. I'd back Frost in to chase down any of their smalls.

So with the following unavailable: Petracca, Garlett, Lewis, May, Lever, Hannan, Kennedy-Harris, Hibberd, Melksham, Smith, AVB, KK, Jetta, Walker, Nietschke, I see us lining up as follows:
(Weid, Sparg, Maynard)

J. Wagner, Frost, Hore
Jones, OMac, Salem
Fritsch, Viney, Stretch
Harmes, TMac, Lockhart
Hunt, Keilty, T.Smith
Gawn, Brayshaw, Oliver
I/C from: Petty, Weidemann, Spargo, ANB, C.Wagner, Preuss, Baker, Sparrow

Not selected: Maynard, Bedford, Chandler, Jordon, Bradtke

Jeepers creepers. And that's assuming Weid & Spargo passed their fitness tests

So looking at this now; Petracca wasn't an out as speculated, nor Garlett. Weid is seemingly injured (not named for Casey), and likewise Spargo and Bradtke. Bare bloody bones.

So looking at this now; Petracca wasn't an out as speculated, nor Garlett. Weid is seemingly injured (not named for Casey), and likewise Spargo and Bradtke. Bare bloody bones.

I don't know why, but I sort of find it exciting. It's a great test of our depth, and there should be a few blokes on the field now with the self awareness they something to prove. (If our whole team was aware they would almost all realized they still have a great deal to prove)

I don't know why, but I sort of find it exciting. It's a great test of our depth, and there should be a few blokes on the field now with the self awareness they something to prove. (If our whole team was aware they would almost all realized they still have a great deal to prove)

There’s a long history across many sports of teams in this very situation playing far beyond expectations

I take your point. I think we could lose by 10 goals, but I am genuinely excited to see Petty & Baker

I take your point. I think we could lose by 10 goals, but I am genuinely excited to see Petty & Baker

Yeah I know, I think it will be more like 20 goals to be honest, but every minute, every quarter we stay within a kick will feel like a victory

I also think we should go the knuckle a bit. That is why I am perplexed we are not playing B-DOG

Yeah I know, I think it will be more like 20 goals to be honest, but every minute, every quarter we stay within a kick will feel like a victory

I also think we should go the knuckle a bit. That is why I am perplexed we are not playing B-DOG
I'd be down for an old fashioned knuck fest, just tell Gus to head for the bench before it starts.

If we get anything out of this season maybe we unearth a talent we wouldn't have otherwise seen with a fully fit list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back