Preview Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't get this attitude. You'll forget a dead rubber win in like 5 minutes whereas our draft position has ramifications that could last years.

I’d agree with this 99% of the time, but West Coast are so bad, that losing to them would just be too embarrassing and too inexplicable.

It would actually be quite the task to manufacture a loss here.

I'm torn - want a win to rip it up the AFL. Want a loss for pick 6 and at least get something out of that damn umpiring reaming.
But most of all I want Tex to kick an absolute bag.

So I think I'd split the difference make 6 or 7 changes and if we get the win so be it, but if not we can stil point to those changes as the reason we lost (changes we only made as the season was over). No tanking - just prepping, early surgeries etc.

McAdam - Ned
Sloane - Pedlar
Hinge - Cook
Thilthorpe - Gollant
Laird - Hatley
Murphy - Dowling

Bonus some kids get a run.

I’d agree with this 99% of the time, but West Coast are so bad, that losing to them would just be too embarrassing and too inexplicable.

They beat the bulldogs and lost to Essendon by a point. Both away.
We lost to both convincingly.
Don’t think it’s inexplicable at all.

Plus we don’t have Sloane.

They just won against the Bulldogs who are higher on the ladder than us so I don't really agree that it would be inexplicable.

Seems pointless to talk about because we aren't going to tank this game. They'll be going hard at it trying to feed Tex some goals. I'm not looking forward to the win though. If other results go against us, we could go down 3 spots in the draft order because of our percentage. We're lucky that Geelong are playing the Bulldogs, otherwise it could have been 4 spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just won against the Bulldogs who are higher on the ladder than us so I don't really agree that it would be inexplicable.

Seems pointless to talk about because we aren't going to tank this game. They'll be going hard at it trying to feed Tex some goals. I'm not looking forward to the win though. If other results go against us, we could go down 3 spots in the draft order because of our percentage. We're lucky that Geelong are playing the Bulldogs, otherwise it could have been 4 spots.
Geelong are tanking. Will certainly lose

TT as sub???..

A tall forward as sub..

And we go in with just the one Ruck?.. one thats in poor form at that..

Gollant, tex and fog all in the same forward line has never worked.

Parnell’s skills since his head knock months ago have been atrocious.

Maybe we are gonna tank this!

* knows what nank has done wrong..

But can someone maybe answer this..

If he plays sanfl this week does that qualify him for the finals maybe?..

Edit.. just looked.. he already has qualified.

So god only knows what he did to deserve this.. and he is a thousand times better than Parnell..

Maybe they want him to bolster the sanfl side?..

Perfect opportunity for Thilthorpe to gain some confidence against one of the worst sides.

Which is why it's great we didn't drop him.

Did we?

We didn't drop him against the worst side?

:(
he deserves to be dropped. He has been useless. It’s a well deserved kick up he arse to improve in the off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back