Preview Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposite isn't relevant. He needs a rocket and deserved to be dropped.

So Nicksy does neither.

Playing a terrible side on a massive ground, let him run around up the ground - Nope
Dropped him to send a message - Nope, still part of the team but will likely only play quarter.

Well done Nicksy, you've done it again.

Couldn't even give Dowling a well earnt debut in a dead rubber 🤦‍♂️

Gotta keep playing Murphy, one day he'll play well away.

One unforced 'change' moving a starting player to sub - however you want to slice and dice it, we are a pathetic club.

Geelong and Essendon both clearly taking advantage of not being able to make finals. Vic clubs aren't stupid. Us on the other hand tryna make a moot point. Nothing will change the result from last week. This clubs dumber than anything. Stone the ******* crows.

And why did we not select Nank especially considering he shouldn't have been dropped originally?! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

How many more examples do we need that show that Matthew Nicks is unsuited to a rebuild? It's getting ridiculous.

Would have preferred Nank over Parnell.
I don't see it with Parnell. Too small and his skills, which were once his strength, have completely fallen away.

Wait, TT is sub? How ******* pointless. I'm not against him being dropped, but Nank must be feeling pretty miffed about missing out again despite doing nothing to warrant being dropped in the first place.

Would have preferred Nank over Parnell.
One could come to the conclusion that Nicks still thinks Nank isn't "ready" and now that he's got other guys available he's shunted Nank back down the pecking order, giving nothing to how Nank actually played when selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always advocate for selecting a developmental, younger team when the season is over and all there is to play for is better draft capital

Every year I say this

Not this year: let’s not forget whatever draft pick we get is going to blow out significantly

But most of all, we lose all narrative legitimacy for the biggest screw job since Vince McMahon did over Bret ‘the hitman’ Hart

Our story will lose all potency unless we’re there knocking on the door but for the umpires arrogance

Right now, I want that more

Wait, TT is sub? How ******* pointless. I'm not against him being dropped, but Nank must be feeling pretty miffed about missing out again despite doing nothing to warrant being dropped in the first place.
Does nank need to qualify for SANFL finals?

Just checking. Someone will know.
Yes, Nank is qualified. He has played 13 SANFL games including the first three games in July.

I am pleased that Pedlar and Gollant have come in. I am surprised re Nank. His first AFL game was great but imho he dropped off a bit in the next two games. He then had a strong fourth game and was then omitted ????????

It seems like I am the last fan of Patty Parnell remaining. He struggled after the concussion and his disposal was all over the place for a while. He is still missing too many targets but he is getting a lot of the ball and he is providing good rebound in the SANFL. I’m not saying he will be best 22 next year but I still think he is a chance to make it.

One could come to the conclusion that Nicks still thinks Nank isn't "ready" and now that he's got other guys available he's shunted Nank back down the pecking order, giving nothing to how Nank actually played when selected.

decisions on player's readiness are made before balls are bounced in the preseason games.

I always advocate for selecting a developmental, younger team when the season is over and all there is to play for is better draft capital

Every year I say this

Not this year: let’s not forget whatever draft pick we get is going to blow out significantly

But most of all, we lose all narrative legitimacy for the biggest screw job since Vince McMahon did over Bret ‘the hitman’ Hart

Our story will lose all potency unless we’re there knocking on the door but for the umpires arrogance

rarely do I disagree with the colonel, but do here. It's over and despite the huff and puff, we'll only get what was coming to us anyway due to improved form and watchability. There's likely some $ for players lost earnings and some go away coin for the club. Not that we would or could spend it on footy or salary cap though, so how it ultimately benefits the cause is a little suspect.

That said, sending Laird for shoulder and a couple of others we'll find out about later shoukdnt stop us beating west coast,

Does nank need to qualify for SANFL finals?
Adelaide is set to have up to 19 AFL-listed players available for selection for the upcoming SANFL finals series.

Under SANFL rules, AFL-listed players qualify for SANFL League finals if they have played more State League games than AFL throughout the year.

They must also have played at least three SANFL games after the halfway point of the SANFL season.

Adelaide is, however, only allowed to field a maximum of 16 AFL-listed players during the finals series, under SANFL rules.

Crows SANFL Captain Matthew Wright and marquee player Jack Madgen head up a long and healthy list of development squad players.

Despite qualifying, AFL-listed players Andrew McPherson, Elliott Himmelberg and Zac Taylor are injured and are unlikely to return for the SANFL finals series.

The following 19 AFL-listed players have qualified.

Sam Berry

Kieran Strachan

Hugh Bond

James Borlase

Tyler Brown

Brayden Cook

Matt Crouch

Billy Dowling

Lachlan Gollant

Will Hamill

Jackson Hately

Elliott Himmelberg

Mark Keane

Andrew McPherson

Luke Nankervis

Tariek Newchurch

Patrick Parnell

Harry Schoenberg

Zac Taylor

Adelaide, which sits second on the ladder, takes on Norwood in the last minor round of the season at Norwood Oval this Saturday at 2.10pm.

Geelong and Essendon both clearly taking advantage of not being able to make finals. Vic clubs aren't stupid. Us on the other hand tryna make a moot point. Nothing will change the result from last week. This clubs dumber than anything. Stone the ******* crows.

And why did we not select Nank especially considering he shouldn't have been dropped originally?! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
I can just imagine both Scott’s squealing if they were relying on other results to go their way but teams were tanking the last game.

Every year I say this

Yep lose this week and any support for our club evaporates.

"You guys wouldn't have made Finals anyway".

Need to absolutely flog WCE this week to ram the point home we were cheated.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back