Preview Changes vs Western Bulldogs - GRAND FINAL - Saturday, 25 September, 7:15pm AEST - NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not sucking up to them. I posted a comment on the Geelong game day board saying I genuinely thought they’d get up. I felt that this was their year. I’ve also given them a fair bit of flack post loss with their age profile and list position. I thought they had it in them to go all the way. WB can GAGF. There’s about 4 that are decent. If I wrote on their board I’d get banned. Geelong supporters I get along with. I also don’t mind Geelong. I thought they’d win and stated my reasons, thankfully I was wrong.

Of course I want Melbourne to win the GF. I was pessimistic early on us but since I’ve done some analysis etc I feel we are a better chance. If we play our best, we win. That’s how I feel.

If your analysis said Geelong were going to win im genuinely concerned that you've tipped us.

Always listen to me and you cant go wrong. I said Geelong would choke in September again when everyone was wanking them off on this board, 9 years of evidence to show you that nothing has changed under Groundhog Day Chris Scott, the only thing that changes are the excuses he gives.

Always listen to me and you cant go wrong. I said Geelong would choke in September again when everyone was wanking them off on this board, 9 years of evidence to show you that nothing has changed under Groundhog Day Chris Scott, the only thing that changes are the excuses he gives.
you are so smart, you are so powerful, you are the mighty one

i will now worship you as my god.

you are so smart, you are so powerful, you are the mighty one

i will now worship you as my god.

Im no god, im just very good at not ignoring a decade of tendencies.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
* should. Our list is stacked and with success comes pay rise expectations. I can see a similar issue that richmond faced where "fringe" players start leaving because they want to play each week. Sure this has happened in some form already, but if we lose a few key players and face some injuries it could hurt big time.

See I wonder if in hindsight they would have not chased Lynch and tried to keep Butler/Higgins etc. But great players but legspeed and youth. Don't think Lynch is that good either.

Same for us, if we go for Cerra good chance we lose Sparrow and one or two more

Only good thing for us is Jones Melk and Pig probably all retire which has to be 600-700k freed up just like that. If Weid pisses off aswell that's probably a million free

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
See I wonder if in hindsight they would have not chased Lynch and tried to keep Butler/Higgins etc. But great players but legspeed and youth. Don't think Lynch is that good either.

Same for us, if we go for Cerra good chance we lose Sparrow and one or two more

Only good thing for us is Jones Melk and Pig probably all retire which has to be 600-700k freed up just like that. If Weid pisses off aswell that's probably a million free
Why would they look at that in hindsight? They have gone on to win two more premierships.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
On another note, whoever plays on Adam Treloar really needs to get some sledging in to that sook. Played an absolute howler against Brisbane, copped flack as he deserved for a guy of his profile and expectation, was lucky the WB won, and has LB telling everyone to leave him alone because he has had some ‘challenges’.

* me! Who tucks this sook in at night? It’s obvious he is a weak link and can go missing under pressure. We really need to get into this bloke, let him know he isn’t up to it and is a liability out there. I’d be embarrassed if I were him, having LB go into bat for me after playing like a squid in a semi final then playing ok in a PF boil over.

Bring on the banter, he is liable to start crying on the bench.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
On another note, whoever plays on Adam Treloar really needs to get some sledging in to that sook. Played an absolute howler against Brisbane, copped flack as he deserved for a guy of his profile and expectation, was lucky the WB won, and has LB telling everyone to leave him alone because he has had some ‘challenges’.

Give him a break, it would be hard trying to jam all that money he's being paid from both Collingwood and the Dogs into his wallet all at once. Must be bloody tiring and I can understand his frustration when his wallet wont close properly.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is going to be

Give him a break, it would be hard trying to jam all that money he's being paid from both Collingwood and the Dogs into his wallet all at once. Must be bloody tiring and I can understand his frustration when his wallet wont close properly.
1631656690347.gif

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Theyre an odd looking mob down at Footesgray. Alot of their players look like feckless school yard tossers.
Melbourne should flog them .
Two of the three umps from the 2016 GF are still in circulation. I bet we get atleast one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sad Razor isn’t umpiring tbh. Always been one to flip the script. We need the three blokes who got us over the line v the Bombers

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys, does anyone know where these amazing murals are around Melbourne. I'd love to take a pic with one provided its within 5km of course. I know there's one on a house in kew that's about it.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hey guys, does anyone know where these amazing murals are around Melbourne. I'd love to take a pic with one provided its within 5km of course. I know there's one on a house in kew that's about it.
I stuck the magnificent Melbourne picture from HS on one of my front windows

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sorry if not the right place but does anyone know about an open training session next week? Son in Perth to attend if there is one.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Sorry if not the right place but does anyone know about an open training session next week? Son in Perth to attend if there is one.
Believe there will be at least one, I’m not sure that time and details have been released yet. Would expect a club email or website article announcement.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unfortunately Fritta made Melky a little redundent when we focused on gut running/tackling/pressure from our smalls in the forward line. Half forward is a young player's position these days sadly. Need the young bucks to run themselves into the ground week in week out.

There's nowhere to hide Melky on the ground anymore, which is sad given his skill level when he has time and space to deliver a kick.

Wouldn't be against keeping him around in 2022 to teach Laurie/Chandler/Bedford/Kozz/Spargo as a senior body.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Spare a thought for the Melky Bar Kid. 12 seasons, 198 games, dragged through Essendrug scandal - misses out on likely only chance to play in a GF and be a premiership player. Meanwhile Sparrow and Bowey …

View attachment 1236497
He's had plenty of chances to keep a spot though. Hasn't played well for awhile now. One of Goody's favourites though, so he got given chances, even this season. Like Weid, didn't make the most of them. Sparrow and Bowey took their chances at the right time. And both have not looked out of place in a hot final tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back