Changes vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Ken,

Now that Amon ‘appeared’ injured (not that I wish that on anyone) but you can save face by picking a ruck. The GWS game was lost at the selection table though stubbornness.

Regards,

Fed up Port supporter

Port has to start thinking about 2019

We aren't going anywhere in 2018 with certain cattle. Get a few young guys in who bring fresh energy and we get a lift in 2018 and the added benefit of having blooded them for 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got Sam Gray contributing 13 touches, 0 goals and a crucial clutch shot missed from the goalsquare. We've got Trengove contributing 10 touches and 0 goals. We've got Thomas contributing 8 touches and 0.2. We've got Amon who's had one good play in 240 minutes of football. We've got Jasper Pittard having one of the most clanger-ridden performances I've ever seen. None of these are isolated incidents.

I'm not expecting Billy Frampton to come in and challenge for the AA side, but if anyone honestly thinks that dropping any one of those non-contributors for him isn't worth the structural advantages that it brings then they should barely be allowed to watch football, let alone be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to coach an AFL team.

OUT: Thomas, S. Gray, Amon, Trengove
IN: Ryder/Frampton, Farrell, Motlop/Barry, Bonner

Deck chairs, Titanic, etc.

Thomas has to go. Looked like he could provide something in those first couple of games but is too slow and has lost his bag of tricks to Father Time.

Amon. One (very) good piece of play does not a summer make. Or something like that.

He had some absolute stinkers but I’d keep Pittard in for the fact that he was trying to do what the rest of our team suck at - taking the play on and attacking the corridor when at all possible. His bad was bloody obvious but I actually thought he evened that out with some good running and defensive assists.

Sam Gray once again invisible.

Farrell MUST come in now. Class kick and had reasonably good and consistent form in the maggies. Can’t be worse than Thomas.

Frampton making the best players for the maggies. After tonight you’d hope that’s enough mix of form/desperate need for him to come in.

Don’t know the deal for Motlop but hopefully an in for Amon. Badly missed today.

Don't think it much matters. No-one we need back will be available. We will see the usual fringe changes and more focus on shutting down opposition run. Motlop back will help (preferably for Amon but we know Trengove will go back). Lienert can stay, Pittard i'm not fussed either way. Like many I simply fail to see how bringing in Frampton offers us less than persisting with Amon or Thomas (or even S. Gray who could have been a game breaker a few times today and wasn't). And if there is some reason why we really do need what Amon provides, doesn't Barry do it better?

Pittard, Amon, Pittard and bloody Pittard - OUT

Farrell, Bonner, don’t care - IN

Pittard is a *ing liability to this team and basically always has been!

Amon is simply not a footballers a-hole.

All the Pittard pole blowers on here can defend him all you like - he is no good... piss him off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back