Prediction Changes VS Wet Toast (Round 20)

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple things here;
Players don't typically come straight back in even Barlow after a 40 possie game (exception being Sutciffle, which I don't even).
The inside midfield battle is a completely different kettle of fish this weekend, going from one of the strongest to one of the weakest (at least for a top 8 team).

No, the exception is Ibbo. Twice he's been dropped and twice he's come straight back in. He didn't even play WAFL on one occasion! Dropped back to emerg and then back in.

The difference is that Blakely is a young bloke earning his tripes. From what I can gather from Peel watchers, his disposal wasn't that flash last week. There was no way Ross was going to recall him to the one's this week.

No, the exception is Ibbo. Twice he's been dropped and twice he's come straight back in. He didn't even play WAFL on one occasion! Dropped back to emerg and then back in.
out round 5 back round 7, out 11 (wrist) back 16. Are we talking about the same year?

The difference is that Blakely is a young bloke earning his tripes. From what I can gather from Peel watchers, his disposal wasn't that flash last week. There was no way Ross was going to recall him to the one's this week.

But it's fine for the rest of the team to stink up their disposal every week?

The only reason Ross was never going to play him was because it would've meant that he'd have to admit that he was wrong.

But it's fine for the rest of the team to stink up their disposal every week?

The only reason Ross was never going to play him was because it would've meant that he'd have to admit that he was wrong.

I don't think it's too controversial nowadays to argue that Ross has his favourites. By which meaning he see's alot more in them than they currently offer on a weekly basis, and others who deserve more receive less.

It's an uneven, unfair game in more ways than one.

Ross uses the narrative to cover his butt. He continuously contradicts, and lampoons the media. He's very good, but after this many years I can see why some st Kilda supporters were glad to see the end of him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not? Playing Apeness with Pav will make the forward line even more slow. Eagles will have a field day from defence. Plus would be nice for Tabs and Apeness to string together some games and see what they can do before next season.
Depends...

That forward 6 that was mentioned was interesting....

Walters, Mayne, Ballantyne

Yarran, Pav, Clarke

Personally... I would of dropped Mayne and put Apeness as CHF. Have a tall forward line to stretch the eagles back line.

Looking at the extended bench:
Langdon is a lock

Tucker is highly likely. Despite his poor showing, dropping him back after one game seems unlikely given they way our younger players have been treated this year (actually don't think we've immediately dropped a youngster this year).

Either Tabs or Apeness will play (I don't even think even match committee has made their mind up on this one) but I'd have Ape as a higher change as I don't think Tabs has been named on the bench yet this year.

Sutcliffe, I'd suggest, is highly likely to be dropped. Too many poo games in a row, and his position could be played be wither Hughes or Tucker.

Lastly either De boer or Hughes and i can see this going either way. Either Tucker takes Sutcliffes' role and de Boer plays primarily mid or Hughes takes Sutcliffes' role and Tucker plays more mid. Of these 2 scenarios I'd say the former is of slightly higher likelihood as I doubt Ross may not be too keen to play Tucker in the midfield after last weeks performance.
if it comes down to nut cutting time... Langdon and Tucker will play.

Apeness or Tabs? I voted for Apeness only because he can ruck an play forward. Tabs is tempting with those contested marks.

De Boer or Hughes? I would choose hughes hands down. We need another tall half back flanker.

Collins will go on kennedy. Darling is only 191 cm. So Silvagni on darling. Then again ibbo has shut down darling before.

If silvagni pulls up sore maybe put hughes on Darling. Mundy has to be in the middle.

Depends...

That forward 6 that was mentioned was interesting....

Walters, Mayne, Ballantyne

Yarran, Pav, Clarke

Personally... I would of dropped Mayne and put Apeness as CHF. Have a tall forward line to stretch the eagles back line.
Clarke in the forward line always bombs badly. Personally would swap him with Apeness as the pure forward/ruck but WCE having Nicnat/Lycett will make him quite small in comparison. Just feel that Tabs will be unfairly squeezed out, and Ross will screw up the forward line hence Schofield, McGovern and Hurn having a field day. Yep the boss has his favourites.

To me its a no-brainer if the weather is fine then Deboer, Tucker and Sutcliffe should not make the cut based on form.

If it is going to raining then I guess you have to lose a tall and ATM that would be Tabs instead of Deboer or Tucker.

Just hoping for better signs this week - especially with moving it up the ground to our forward line.

Wow, they don't even bother to try anymore... this is in that lame 'bogey man' afl.com.au recurring article for this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-05-07-22-54.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-05-07-22-54.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 7
To me its a no-brainer if the weather is fine then Deboer, Tucker and Sutcliffe should not make the cut based on form.

If it is going to raining then I guess you have to lose a tall and ATM that would be Tabs instead of Deboer or Tucker.

Yeah nah. Tabs is our only key forward going into next season. If we drop him every time it's wet, how is he going to get experience?

That's the kind of thinking that cost us a premiership last year. Dropped Tabs 10 times then brought him back underdone for the Prelim.

For better or worse Tabs will be our main KPF next year (McCarthy will have to settle). Surely we can't drop the guy. See how Clarke goes this week but if he plays alright I wouldn't be against resting Pav and bringing him back against the WB for his final game.

Got to let Apeness and Tabs play a couple of games together.

I confess I dont understand the thinking on Morabito. Surely if he's done (because either he's decided to retire as some have said or the club is delisting him) he would just stop playing WAFL?

Why risk re-injuring himself yet again if there is no possibility his AFL career is still a chance?

I confess I dont understand the thinking on Morabito. Surely if he's done (because either he's decided to retire as some have said or the club is delisting him) he would just stop playing WAFL?

Why risk re-injuring himself yet again if there is no possibility his AFL career is still a chance?
It is the same with Johnson. The reason given by some was that he got to use the Freo facilities :) I can't say that with a straight face.

I am very confident Johnson will be around next year - otherwise he'd have retired already surely? And I still think there is a chance with Mora. If we were to delist Mora, some other club will be interested in rookie listing him. He has all the tools to be a great AFL footballer - he just needs to overcome the mental side now that he's overcome the physical. I'd still have him far ahead of most rookie list prospects.

It is the same with Johnson. The reason given by some was that he got to use the Freo facilities :) I can't say that with a straight face.

I am very confident Johnson will be around next year - otherwise he'd have retired already surely? And I still think there is a chance with Mora. If we were to delist Mora, some other club will be interested in rookie listing him. He has all the tools to be a great AFL footballer - he just needs to overcome the mental side now that he's overcome the physical. I'd still have him far ahead of most rookie list prospects.
Johnson will definitely be back fresh next year.. his right index finger has had nearly a full season's rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back