Preview Changes West Coast vs St Kilda - Rd 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

And arse… I agree with you. His hammys are probably taking a lot of the load because surrounding areas upstream and downstream are out of puff or something not quite right.

I’m hoping hutch can get through this game. Don’t want to be a rotation down in the 2nd qtr because he’s beoken
Thankfully the injury sub reduces the risk of playing Hutch.

Match winning forward when the contest was up for grabs, its a different thing as most who compete know.

Yes and he kicked multiple game winning goals apparently. Even though he was credited with 1.1 :rolleyes:

So was Hutch best on ground?

I’m hoping hutch can get through this game. Don’t want to be a rotation down in the 2nd qtr because he’s beoken

Geez I was only worried he wouldn’t have the speed to go with oppo midfielders, hadn’t even considered that.

What do we get out of playing Hutch? You have a 6'5 athletic player in Brander who has had some great games this year and you don't play him. Everything Hutch can do, brander can do. He's a better athlete, can take marks as a mid. I don't get it.

Brander can go get you 15-20 touches and have some meaningful impact and is a part of our long term future, ffs.

Watching last weeks WAFL game twice, Hutch was the clear best and could not be ignored.

Legit now think you don't know which players you're talking about which would explain your issue with Waterman.

If we can maintain our intensity for four quarters, we should beat St Kilda at home comfortably.
For some reasons, we became very lazy at the last 1/3 of the R4 game.

Legit now think you don't know which players you're talking about which would explain your issue with Waterman.

Nah Hutch definitely had a better game than Waterman. His 0 touches, 0 marks and 0 tackles, and his ability to influence the game despite not being at the ground, or even in the same State, can’t be understated. Especially compared with Waterman’s junk stats of 29 touches and 16 marks (which he got by drifting back for cheap stats and not because he was sent back to sure up the defence, don’t let what the coach said fool you) and his four goals which mean nothing when you consider all the goals he didn’t kick (it’s like listening to the notes a jazz player doesn’t play, you know).

Hutchings a clear BOG, if he doesn’t get the 5 Sandover votes then the medal is rigged.

Watching last weeks WAFL game twice, Hutch was the clear best and could not be ignored.. Of the others only Witherden showed real AFL class. Brander was good at times but had problems close in under pressure. XON was only adequate at WAFL level and the Snake was soft when it counder and racked up soft uncontested dosposals in defence for much of the time. When the contest in decision he fell apart.

We will need all to be at 100% to win.

Of concern is the fitness of Allen and how much of the load otrhers will have to take up. We need JD back in form desperately.
Those comments about Brander are a real worry to me. Witherden I suppose will need to string some games together. XON probably wouldn't be in if Edwards wasn't coming out so he has his chance I guess.

The problem as I see it is that we have now beaten the lowley ranking, out of confidence Crows. Their kids are tired.
Against competative opponents we consistantly lack pace to attack and to apply pressure. When Nic is resting we fail in the middle.

We have, perhaps been forced to, replaced pace with slow and slower including a forward with no endurance, no crumbing ability and the pace of Priddes. Where we had a raw young ruckman that may heve given us a few HOTA we have gone back to an injured Allen who isnt a ruckman and robs us of a marking forward.

Dicey. How bad a the Saints, very bad I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem as I see it is that we have now beaten the lowley ranking, out of confidence Crows. Their kids are tired.
Against competative opponents we consistantly lack pace to attack and to apply pressure. When Nic is resting we fail in the middle.

We have, perhaps been forced to, replaced pace with slow and slower including a forward with no endurance, no crumbing ability and the pace of Priddes. Where we had a raw young ruckman that may heve given us a few HOTA we have gone back to an injured Allen who isnt a ruckman and robs us of a marking forward.

Dicey. How bad a the Saints, very bad I hope.

Who was best on ground v Subi?

I wonder if Petch needs to put some more focus on building up his leg strength in the gym to eradicate these numerous hammy injuries. I remember when Cyril kept blowing out his hammies earlier in his career he mentioned that he spent a lot of time working on his legs and it seems like it paid off.

Makes me a bit concerned for his longevity with the amount of hamstring issues he is having so early into his career.

As for Cyril, I'm fairly sure it was what Vishy said, Cyril had to re-learn how to run as his gait was causing him injuries.

Struggling to get excited with it this week.
What happened to LEdwards, listed as out through injury but not on the 20Jul injury update?

I guess we need to tag someone?

We let our small forwards kick most of our goals last week so it's obviously time to go taller so we can get goals from a different source.

At least we didn't bring in Vardy for Williams.

Happy for Hutch to have a run - he’s a honest player and deserves to run out for us again after a pretty rough couple of years.

Put him on Steele, that guy pretty much carries the Saints.
Love to see that but Hutch is limited tagger and he struggles on the bigger bodied mids

Yes and he kicked multiple game winning goals apparently. Even though he was credited with 1.1 :rolleyes:

I think it's only fair that we take into account that the Subi boy had the added burden of having to compete against one of the greatest defenders in WAFL history in 5 game veteran, Zane Sumich, when we assess his performance. Surely his six marks, 1 goal and 12 disposals, compared with Snake's 16 marks (8 inside 50), 4 goals, or Sumich's 9 marks 21 disposals clearly show his dominance.

Kennedy replaces Williams

Who is 2nd ruck ? The have ryder and Hunter who is a monster.

Hutch to play on hill who is soft as butter .
Hill being played off the HBF and all hutch needs to do is keep up with him .

Yeo head to head with steele

West to take shueys inside roll and gaff / sheed on the wings .

Waterman ? Are we having a late change to a tall forward ?
Maybe with petch , Jones, Cameron, ahchee and (rioli/venables) unavailable waterman is the only forward available .
Winder ? Probably not match fit

Standard 2 extra injuries not listed SJOGHCIU. I'm getting used it by now.

Land of the Giants forward line again but I'm not as concerned as I'd normally be as St Kilda have selected a 200cm carbon rod Paul Hunter and have extra tall defender Clavarino. The dominance of Nicnat and the quality of our tall forwards means we've essentially made St Kilda blink first and match us up like for like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back