Mod. Notice Changing the Background Picture

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Many of you have noted and complained about the background picture, which continues to feature the most reviled character in AFC history.

I have asked the Admins to change it to something more suitable. Chief's response was that he would do so, if we could find him "a better one that we have permission to use".

So.. I put the challenge to the Adelaide Board - come up with an image, which BigFooty can legally use, to replace the image on the right.

DSC05871.jpg

DSC05860.jpg

DSC05850.jpg

DSC05834.jpg

DSC06063.jpg

DSC06050.jpg

DSC06009.jpg

DSC05997.jpg

DSC05970.jpg

DSC05047.jpg

DSC04929.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

I'm sure Jenny isn't the only person who has taken photos (and hence owns the copyright on the images). If they are happy for the images to be used by BigFooty, then my suggestion would be to post them here. The mods will short list those we think are the best, before putting them up for a vote. Any objections?

Why can't we use the existing picture with Kurnt cropped out? We are fortunate he is on the extreme right of the picture, so it would take all of about 1 minute to crop him.

Wouldn't this be a simpler solution?

Not sure I'm following you on this. Isn't the image on the right just a portion of the MCG?

Or are you referring to something else???

Kurnt Tippett is in the bottom right corner, we all (all as in Adelaide supporters) want him gone.

Some are suggesting a new picture, I am suggesting we keep the existing one and crop Kurnt out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't we use the existing picture with Kurnt cropped out? We are fortunate he is on the extreme right of the picture, so it would take all of about 1 minute to crop him.

Wouldn't this be a simpler solution?
Will discuss this option with Chief. Not so much editing out KT, as taking a different "slice" of the bigger picture.

For the credibility of the AFC board, do we really want to 'make a scene' so to speak?

Can we subtly push the "Big Footy needs a fresh look for the new year" theme, rather than "We want Kurt gone! We hate Kurt! Booooooo Kurt!" one.

While I understand and acknowledge everyone's right to their opinion, it's kind of embarrassing that people feel so strongly about it.

Can we subtly push the "Big Footy needs a fresh look for the new year" theme, rather than "We want Kurt gone! We hate Kurt! Booooooo Kurt!" one.
That's not subtle at all though, coming from us. Literally every single opposition poster will say we're sooking anyway and if they don't say it they'll be thinking it.

Literally every single opposition poster will say we're sooking anyway and if they don't say it they'll be thinking it.
I know haha, I was hoping someone off our board is a marketing genius that can spin anything...

Im of the opinion all credibility was lost the moment someone thought "we should try and get that wallpaper changed".

Damn you Tippett! *shakes fist*

While I understand and acknowledge everyone's right to their opinion, it's kind of embarrassing that people feel so strongly about it.

This, couldn't give a s**t personally. I don't even notice it there until people talk about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back