Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They fit perfectly with your hands in your pockets.
tumblr_l3uk1g4ZBZ1qad4y1.gif

Mine (home gernsey, but since they're all BLK I figure they'll be the same story regardless) is a slightly broader fit than the other ones I have - I found that the 3-peat is cut a lot slimmer. Dunno if anyone else has had the same

Mine (home gernsey, but since they're all BLK I figure they'll be the same story regardless) is a slightly broader fit than the other ones I have - I found that the 3-peat is cut a lot slimmer. Dunno if anyone else has had the same

I say thank your lucky stars...........

(signed by: XXXXXXXXXXXXL Guy)

With all the excitement of our trade period, it's easy to forget what a moment it will be simply seeing the boys take the field in our true jumper again.

Round 1 is just going to be a very special night. I almost hope we wear our clash strip through the NAB Cup just to really make Round 1 super spesh.

Round 1 is just going to be a very special night. I almost hope we wear our clash strip through the NAB Cup just to really make Round 1 super spesh.
Agreed.
I say we pull out the old piss-stainer strip in the doesn't-matter-at-all-NAB-Wizard-Ansett-AMCO-Cup, so we truly all go off when the team runs out in Round 1....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Adelaide didn't have to wear a "white" clash and wore this clash jumper against the Dogs:

AFC%20Clash%202016%20white%20shorts.png

and Richmond don't have to wear a white jumper and wear this:

upload_2016-5-9_20-21-56.jpeg
...why then are the Lions not permitted to wear this instead of our "white" jumper for games when we don't wear our Fitzroy inspired red jumper?:

Double standards of the highest order, which is surprising given the AFL's track record.:drunk::huh:

Can anyone fill me in on something I am missing?

Given Adelaide didn't have to wear a "white" clash and wore this clash jumper against the Dogs:

AFC%20Clash%202016%20white%20shorts.png

and Richmond don't have to wear a white jumper and wear this:

View attachment 245099
...why then are the Lions not permitted to wear this instead of our "white" jumper for games when we don't wear our Fitzroy inspired red jumper?:

Double standards of the highest order, which is surprising given the AFL's track record.:drunk::huh:

Can anyone fill me in on something I am missing?

The Crows have a white clash jumper as well. Yes the hypocrisy is rife on multiple levels but the Crows adhere to the white jumper "rule".

The Crows have a white clash jumper as well. Yes the hypocrisy is rife on multiple levels but the Crows adhere to the white jumper "rule".

Yes, well aware of the Crows white jumper, however, what you may not know, is that the above Lions inspired gold clash jumper was rejected by the AFL citing that we must have a white clash in addition to our red Fitzroy inspired jumper. As you rightly state, hypocritical of the AFL of the highest order.

Yes, well aware of the Crows white jumper, however, what you may not know, is that the above Lions inspired gold clash jumper was rejected by the AFL citing that we must have a white clash in addition to our red Fitzroy inspired jumper. As you rightly state, hypocritical of the AFL of the highest order.

My only assumption is the AFL don't view the Fitzroy jumper as a "Clash jumper" which is probably fair. The whole thing is a ******* farce though in regards to rules for some, rules for others

My only assumption is the AFL don't view the Fitzroy jumper as a "Clash jumper" which is probably fair. The whole thing is a ******* farce though in regards to rules for some, rules for others

True, but the gold inspired Lions jumper, basically a Bears inspired jumper paying homage to our Bears history certainly fulfils the clash component when the red Fitzroy jumper doesn't.

Absurd all round given Essendon only have to wear a putrid grey away jumper.

Is it part of the deal that the Lion needs to be yellow? I've always wondered why Brisbane don't use something like so (excuse the quick MSPaint bodge, and ignore the traces of blue) as a clash jumper:

UoIej.jpg

Homage to the Bears while keeping the Lion, and with no need for a bland white effort.
Would just like to emphasise how pleased I am to see you guys finally get this. Looks great. :thumbsu:

Good that we finally have the Premiership (Home), Fitzroy-inspired (Away), Bears-inspired (Clash) set. I understand that we have been trying for a few years to get AFL permission not to have a predominantly white clash jumper. I believe the compromise was the white side panels. But still, any clash jumper that isn't predominantly white is a nice change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back