Recommitted Changkuoth Jiath [triggered an extension for 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

CJ coming off a 23 touch 10 Mark game Has been very impressive this year and is out of contract

you’d imagine he’d be on a base rookie wage atm so he’s in line for a significant pay rise

one to watch

Plenty of cap space. No problem.

Yeah he's gun and great to watch so strange thread since surely it is close to zero chance that he even considers leaving.

I feel like just because someone is out of contract, doesn't mean they need a thread.
Just part of the landscape.

player is uncontracted, gains interest as to why and if there’s something to come of it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as he has looked, can't see any club offering 500k to a kid who will only have played 20 odd games.

He'll stay at Hawthorn.
Whilst rare it happens.
St Kilda for example offered close to that (1.8m over 4) to Sam Draper who hasn’t played a single game.

Essendon did similar with Jye Caldwell.

That said I can’t see CJ leaving the hawks.

Whilst rare it happens.
St Kilda for example offered close to that (1.8m over 4) to Sam Draper who hasn’t played a single game.

Essendon did similar with Jye Caldwell.

That said I can’t see CJ leaving the hawks.
And the biggest of all was Tom Boyd to the doggs

I read he has reached a trigger for next year but I’m assuming he’s not activated it yet? Lyons hit a trigger earlier in the year but just renegotiated a better deal with the lions instead

As the trigger is probably on much less coin than CJ could negotiate for now or shop himself around technically still out of contract

I read he has reached a trigger for next year but I’m assuming he’s not activated it yet? Lyons hit a trigger earlier in the year but just renegotiated a better deal with the lions instead

As the trigger is probably on much less coin than CJ could negotiate for now or shop himself around technically still out of contract

Yeah, read the same. Not sure what the financial terms of the 2022 trigger are but worth giving him a longer contract. Hawks have plenty of cap space apparently.

Yeah, read the same. Not sure what the financial terms of the 2022 trigger are but worth giving him a longer contract. Hawks have plenty of cap space apparently.
Yep. He doesn't need to use the trigger, just re-negotiate with you for more money and years. Absolutely deserves it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back