Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to know! Also, it's a good thing I covered my arse.

That article specifically talks about requiring a special exemption to pick up guys this year, including Jiath.
Well atleast we know. Kinda makes me happy not that I kinda was right over that Doggie supporter on specifially Jialth but that we could get him no matter what.

We might not be as bad of as alot believe giving up our first rounder this year!But it would be nice to get back into the Draft!

We are in the draft. And we probably will have 2 picks in the 30's for starters. Also 20 per cent discount on our father sons and academy choices of which there may be up to 3. This is before even trading out for draft picks.

So 6 rounds into the TAC season and he played the first 2 and then got dropped. May be injured, I'm just going by the team selection page from the crappy TAC website.

In the deep distant past some players had to skip TAC footy if they had school footy on the weekend. Some of the APS schools were quite insistent that they had first option on the players. I believe they are a bit more accommodating these days but Jiath may also have some APS footy commitments.

In the deep distant past some players had to skip TAC footy if they had school footy on the weekend. Some of the APS schools were quite insistent that they had first option on the players. I believe they are a bit more accommodating these days but Jiath may also have some APS footy commitments.

CJ is boarding at, and playing with Xavier. He won't play many TAC cup games due to school commitments. He's on a full scholarship. He's been named second best and kicked at least a goal in both games he's played there.

Has anyone got any video of this lad? Starting to see his name everywhere, but no video as yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much footage of him but it's something at least.

The Shifters comments are worth listening to, guru. I am very excited, we need these academy kids to come through given our lack of draft picks this year. Make or break really given what we have given up. We need to seriously nail our draft and academy picks to avoid becoming a basket case given our lack of access to top end young talent over the past few years and this year as well.

The Shifters comments are worth listening to, guru. I am very excited, we need these academy kids to come through given our lack of draft picks this year. Make or break really given what we have given up. We need to seriously nail our draft and academy picks to avoid becoming a basket case given our lack of access to top end young talent over the past few years and this year as well.

Yes Shifter knows his onions alright. Very astute judge of young talent.
Only knock back on the man he played for the Cats hehehe.
Seriously though he knows his stuff.
The best case was when he was asked who was he best player in the 2006 draft, he answered Joel Selwood- Ducker. I know he's a prick at the field & all but admit it we'd all love him in our side. Hmmm we picked Thorpe at 6. Selwood the next pick. Gibbs at # 1 lol

CJ named s cond best for Xavier and kicked a goal. He needs to, and should, dominate this school footy.

CJ named s cond best for Xavier and kicked a goal. He needs to, and should, dominate this school footy.
Looks like he has been dominant, named in the bests every week except once. Good to see Maginness named as the best for Scotch as well as a Year 10. Promising signs.

Many of the best TAC footballers will also be playing APS (or AGS) footy like CJ, so the standard is pretty good. Recruiters will be watching school games as well as TAC matches.

Looks like he has been dominant, named in the bests every week except once. Good to see Maginness named as the best for Scotch as well as a Year 10. Promising signs.

Where abouts would I find the stats/news/whatever about the school footy? Is it part of the VAFA? Or is that just for former students?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back