Channel 10 into administration

Remove this Banner Ad

The government giveth, and the government taketh away. They're cutting license fees, but introducing a new spectrum fee.

Murdoch has a fair argument about online broadcasters not having to pay license fees.
He can't argue that the FTA broadcasters don't use the EMS spectrum, which is owned by the government.

How's it a fair argument? Websites aren't hosted on public, finite infrastructure with a direct signal to every television in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe some might worry we'll see even more American content on C10 because of this, but the fact Murdoch has been thwarted in buying C10 is a fantastic result in my books. If Murdoch had of got his hands on this station word was he was going to turn it into a FTA version of Sky News with all the right wing rubbish we see on that putrid station.

Last edited:
Maybe some might worry we'll see even more American content on C10 because of this, but the fact Murdoch has been thwarted in buying C10 is a fantastic result in my books. If Murdoch had of got his hands on this station word was he was going to turn it into a FTA version of Sky News with all the right wing rubbish we see on that putrid station.

I have no doubt the Ten and Sky newsrooms would've merged for the worse. Moreover Ten would've been used as a vehicle to flog Foxtel.

looks like cbs are bringing there own streaming service too aus as well
Only problem is that they don't own the rights to any of their shows in Australia.

Big Bang Theory - Nein has first run, Seven has the repeats
Star Trek Discovery - Neflix
Amazing Race - Seven

Plus there's a bunch of stuff on Stan as well. You have to wonder what they have left to show here on CBS All Access.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back