Channel 10, Paramount Plus TV Rights Thread

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Sounds like it, same thing nine did with the rugby.

Thanks.

The A-League is more my Dad’s thing and he doesn’t have access to a TV for channel 10, so would be a shame if he lost one game a week (he watches all of them). Good to hear it’s most likely not like that.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Paramount are pissing me off big time. They took Star Trek Discovery off Netflix, which is probably understandable, but we won't be able to watch the new series which starts next week in the US and Canada until next year, weeks and months after airs there (it's worse for Europe)

And I have had issues with ten play app too.

I suspect we all got sold Lemon with this new TV rights/streaming deal. Time will tell though. It always does.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Paramount are pissing me off big time. They took Star Trek Discovery off Netflix, which is probably understandable, but we won't be able to watch the new series which starts next week in the US and Canada until next year, weeks and months after airs there (it's worse for Europe)

And I have had issues with ten play app too.

I suspect we all got sold Lemon with this new TV rights/streaming deal. Time will tell though. It always does.
Sold a lemon? No.
They have put more promotion of the game than at any other time. Ever.

so automatically the sport is ahead.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks.

The A-League is more my Dad’s thing and he doesn’t have access to a TV for channel 10, so would be a shame if he lost one game a week (he watches all of them). Good to hear it’s most likely not like that.
at a minimum the game should be on tenplay

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
2022 can't come soon enough for the integration in to the IQ boxes. Make my life easier.
Had a few glitches last night, nothing too serious. Hopefully they add more functionality to the app to make it a bit more like kayo with delayed starts etc
Would be good to have all streaming apps have it.
Would make lives so much easier

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be good to have all streaming apps have it.
Would make lives so much easier
I would like kayo and binge on the fetch box, but doubt that will happen anytime soon. Fetch has made a strong play with apps, which foxtel is trying to get in on now. But now fox and fetch have to compete with chromecast which isnt what was the case even a couple of years ago. Foxtel has a lot of ground to make up, they only have a small portion of apps atm.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pretty cool stream so far. Saturday night prime time and the ******* thing isn't even working.

Pretty cool stream so far. Saturday night prime time and the ******* thing isn't even working.

There was always going to be teething problems. It is probably the first time they have run 2 different streams at the same time.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
There was always going to be teething problems. It is probably the first time they have run 2 different streams at the same time.
The quality of the Victory game is horrific and the audio is delayed. I mean I get teething problems but come on it's 2021.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Optus was woeful to begin with. It’s the first weekend.
If halfway through they are still having issues then we can blow up.
I haven’t had any issues myself so far this weekend.
Wasn't Optus' first weekend the world cup though? Pretty sure there's only one broadcast camera at the ground as well.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would love to give them some feedback on their coverage but can't find anywhere on their site to leave any.

Their player needs a bandwidth setting so you can force it to 1080p as well as controls and stream stats.
They need to slightly shrink and move their score/time graphic to the top corner so it doesnt obscure players out on the wings.
They need to show more game stats during the broadcast.
edit - oh yeah, get those replays up faster too.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Disgraceful coverage of WU V Victory game and no post match either!
frame rate very dodgy and not even 720p couldn't even make out the players on the pitch!
Much improvements needed.

Turns out they put the post game on a separate stream. I had no idea until I whinged on twitter and someone pointed it out to me lol. Still poor though as they didn't even mention this on the broadcast.

On top simply needing a better quality stream it's still lacking meaningful stats like displaying subs for example and extra time on the game clock (edit: ok so this game is showing the amount of extra time). Was going to say they needed an extra camera or two but maybe that was just a Geelong stadium thing as it doesn't seem as bad in this Perth v Adelaide game.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Turns out they put the post game on a separate stream. I had no idea until I whinged on twitter and someone pointed it out to me lol. Still poor though as they didn't even mention this on the broadcast.

On top simply needing a better quality stream it's still lacking meaningful stats like displaying subs for example and extra time on the game clock. Was going to say they needed an extra camera or two but maybe that was just a Geelong stadium thing as it doesn't seem as bad in this Perth v Adelaide game.

Well yes they could have mentioned it on the coverage, I had no idea.

Last edited:
Back