Channel 10, Paramount Plus TV Rights Thread

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Well yes they could have mentioned it on the coverage, I had no idea.

It was hidden away too. On the paramount app I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the home page (because I can't seem to find if A League has it's own section anywhere) to find where all the football stuff is, A League, ACL etc. Then in A League I went down to live matches and underneath the played games there was something called "Saturday coverage" or something like that.

Believed to be the highest rating not finals game on fta in 5 years

It would be more necessary we don't know what they got on either ten play it paramount.

Shame it was 0-0, won't get casuals coming back.

Just noticed there are specific match streams and then a 'Matchday Sunday' stream + presumably there was one yesterday, with all the pre- and post-game analysis. Bit difficult to find though.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

Would be interesting to see the streaming numbers included. Reckon it might have been higher if they had any other team except for MV scheduled on at the same time as the Melbourne viewer stats would be quite low. I never watched every game of every round anyway but I always make an effort for the Sydney derby. One of the best fixtures of the entire league IMO.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Just noticed there are specific match streams and then a 'Matchday Sunday' stream + presumably there was one yesterday, with all the pre- and post-game analysis. Bit difficult to find though.

Yes I only just discovered that. Bit daft switching streams for the pre and post game. Say if the game is starting at 7.45 broadcast should start at 7.30 and continue all the way through to 10pm. I'm sure they will figure it out, they just need to copy the current Optus Sport model.

Yes I only just discovered that. Bit daft switching streams for the pre and post game. Say if the game is starting at 7.45 broadcast should start at 7.30 and continue all the way through to 10pm. I'm sure they will figure it out, they just need to copy the current Optus Sport model.

What? No you just stay on the Matchday Sunday stream and it shows the games too.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
There was no Matchday Saturday on Saturday when I loaded up the MV v WU game about 5 minutes before it was due to start (even though the fixtures stream thingy was advertising pregame stuff from 725. I didn't find out about the Matchday stream until after the game from someone on Twitter. The one and only available game stream to choose from was still only mentioning Sydney v WSW until about 735 until it changed the description to the Melbourne game.

There was no Matchday Saturday on Saturday when I loaded up the MV v WU game about 5 minutes before it was due to start (even though the fixtures stream thingy was advertising pregame stuff from 725. I didn't find out about the Matchday stream until after the game from someone on Twitter.

There is, but it's difficult to find, you have to go down to episodes or something.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
There is, but it's difficult to find, you have to go down to episodes or something.

In the A League section of the app in Google TV in Saturday it only had A League fixtures advertising the round, a game stream which was only a paramount logo until about 2 minutes before the game, and a replay of the Friday night game. When I checked after the game the Matchday thing was in that same section. Maybe it was rectified by Sunday but it certainly wasn't the case on Saturday. I'm OK with some teething issues as long as the stream quality gets better.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
You can find an HD stream online within seconds. How or why anyone is putting up with Paramount is beyond me...

They're going onto Foxtel boxes in Jan, will it come with your Foxtel package or will you still need a Paramount sub? Anyone know?

You can find an HD stream online within seconds. How or why anyone is putting up with Paramount is beyond me...

They're going onto Foxtel boxes in Jan, will it come with your Foxtel package or will you still need a Paramount sub? Anyone know?

Still need a Paramount sub I would assume.

Yeah that's my assumption. Piracy ftw then.

You pay for Foxtel but advocate piracy for supporting the local football competition? Weird priorities.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
You pay for Foxtel but advocate piracy for supporting the local football competition? Weird priorities.
Foxtel has alot in one place with NBA/NBL/AFL/Cricket but yeah fair call...

Should fox lose more sports and splinter even further than it has I'll get rid of that too

Streaming services have not made things better

Foxtel has alot in one place with NBA/NBL/AFL/Cricket but yeah fair call...

Should fox lose more sports and splinter even further than it has I'll get rid of that too

Streaming services have not made things better

All of that stuff is on Kayo for less than half the price though.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
All of that stuff is on Kayo for less than half the price though.
Sorry, I meant Kayo.

Regardless, my point is these idiotic streaming services can't keep splintering coverage and expect us to sign up for everything. 3 required for soccer basically, it's ludicrous. It takes me seconds to get an HD quality stream, no apps, no sign-ins, no subscription, it works which is more than Paramount can say for the weekend apparently

Back