Channel 10, Paramount Plus TV Rights Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be an south Australia thing. Advertising been absolutely everywhere.

More than I’ve ever seen for the sport.
Yep, all over Twitter and Facebook.

They don't need to advertise with traditional media - it's expensive, and its unnecessary.

The growth that APL, Channel 10, CBS etc see is in the 18-39 bracket. And they're all on social media, where it's infinitely cheaper to advertise, and where people engage much more regularly.

They don't need to advertise with traditional media - it's expensive, and its unnecessary.

The growth that APL, Channel 10, CBS etc see is in the 18-39 bracket. And they're all on social media, where it's infinitely cheaper to advertise, and where people engage much more regularly.
And they're advertising there too.

And they're advertising there too.

That's what I'm saying - to reach that 18-39 cohort you don't have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on traditional tv, radio and print media, because that cohort isn't consuming traditional media (although I'm sure there was an element of promotional contra in the deal.)

To reach that cohort you can spend literally a few hundred bucks a week advertising on Insta, Twitter and Spotify... and that's it. I'm seeing plenty of ads in those places, so I would argue that they're very well targeted. People here complaining about not seeing ads on tv don't get it - that's not how you reach this target market any more.

I worked a marketing/PR job for about 5 minutes - they had a similar target cohort (albeit a very different "product"), and they were spending a stupid amount advertising on traditional media. So when they spoke about wanting to completely overhaul their promotion and to be more revolutionary and creative in their promotions, I thought "amazing, I can tell them to save tens of thousands of dollars on traditional media, and we can use that money to do some really creative stuff."

The reason I quit after 5 minutes is that the CEO was a stupid old fuddy duddy set in his ways whose ego demanded that he see an ad on tv whenever he tuned into The Bachelor. He didn't want best practice. He just wanted his ego fed.

Advertising and public relations has changed enormously in just the last 5 years or so, but not enough companies are realising this. If your target market is under 40 - regardless of what your product is - you will be more successful advertising on spotify and social media than you will advertising on tv, and you'll spend less than 10% of what you would advertising on tv.

Tim Paine sending txt messages seems to be getting more coverage than the entire league atm.. 🤮

My only gripe this round with Paramount is the "Are you still Watching" pop up that interrupted the game for me about 70mins in.. Of course I'm still bloody watching, Western United's giving City FC another hiding!
I thought that was just Paramount rubbing it in at 0-3 yesterday when it came on my screen 😂😂😂

Is it true that Channel 10 are forcing umpires to take unnecessary drinks breaks, and delaying VAR results, in order to play more commercials?

Is it true that Channel 10 are forcing umpires to take unnecessary drinks breaks, and delaying VAR results, in order to play more commercials?

referees not umpires!
Funny through during that long VAR delay on Saturday night Channel 10 didn't go to a commercial break, so not sure that is true but deliberate drinks breaks out of nowhere and delay of play when the ball is out of play or a free kick awarded yes its plainly obvious.

referees not umpires!
Funny through during that long VAR delay on Saturday night Channel 10 didn't go to a commercial break, so not sure that is true but deliberate drinks breaks out of nowhere and delay of play when the ball is out of play or a free kick awarded yes its plainly obvious.
They may delay the decision by a few seconds while they are at the advertisement, but would be the case for every game with a var type system. Apl seems pretty open with it being problematic and fixing it. With a new product that hasn't been built for live streaming you are going to have heaps of issues arrise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Native app now available on Samsung TVs. The advert said compatible TVs so probably only more recent ones. Just downloaded it on mine so now I don't need my google tv thingy.
Is it better than going through the website?

I haven't heard anything about any deals or discounts for A-League club members so far for next season. My Victory membership just rolled over and the Paramount deal from last season wasn't part of my pack. so either it'll be free for A-league club members come next season or we have to all pay full price. It would be stupid if the APL and paramount don't come up with another discount deal for A-league members.

Paramount + app was supposed to be sideloaded onto all foxtel boxes via an update. Still hasn't happened yet.

Ideally needs to be a background app on all Smart TVs, Foxtel/Fetch and PS4/XB1/PS5/XBX.

That will make it easily accessible to the masses.
That would be nice

Paramount + app was supposed to be sideloaded onto all foxtel boxes via an update. Still hasn't happened yet.

Ideally needs to be a background app on all Smart TVs, Foxtel/Fetch and PS4/XB1/PS5/XBX.

That will make it easily accessible to the masses.

Amazon Prime got added in yesterday to my Foxtel box 😒.

I'm going to cancel Foxtel and switch to Binge/Kayo and save a tank of fuel a month 🤑

I'll get P+ back in October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back