Channel 7 and Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Surely they got things completely wrong tonight.

Yes De Goey is innocent until proven guilty but what on earth was with the hero worship of De Goey from their team all night anytime he got near the ball?

It began with a ridiculous statement from Bruce

Continued on for the rest of the night like he had been out for 12 months with an ACL with their carry on every time he got near it? Are they forgetting why he missed a week?

Yes he kicked 5 and had one of his better games in a while but surely right now the less carry on over De Goey the better?

Maybe expecting too much though from the channel that has Wayne Carey in the box though.

Innocent until proven sexy ay Brucey boy!

GoodnaturedCraftyAstarte-small.gif

Not sure what else Channel 7 can really do.

They’re sports broadcasters and they have to call it how they see it.

McAvaney’s comment was poor but he’s obviously a professional. I don’t think he should be put in the situation. What’s he meant to say?

It’s quite simple, really. De Goey shouldn’t be playing.

AFL games are the league’s,
the sport’s and the industry’s showcase. They’re rolling him out in centre spotlight and everybody else is paying the price for it.

Imagine if it was another form of entertainment. It just wouldn’t happen.

FFS even the NRL have done it!

The AFL have got this very wrong and it should be fixed very quickly for the next time it happens.

It’s the whole culture- the players all got around him big time after that first goal. Even though it’s just an allegation at this point, it doesn’t feel quite right.

Its not just an allegation. He’s been charged. I’m not sure people properly grasp how serious it is.

I'm being serious here, what was the statement from Bruce? Seemed like completely normal commentary
He described De Goey's recent problems as a 'hiccup'. Has since apologised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what else Channel 7 can really do.

They’re sports broadcasters and they have to call it how they see it.

McAvaney’s comment was poor but he’s obviously a professional. I don’t think he should be put in the situation. What’s he meant to say?

It’s quite simple, really. De Goey shouldn’t be playing.

AFL games are the league’s,
the sport’s and the industry’s showcase. They’re rolling him out in centre spotlight and everybody else is paying the price for it.

Imagine if it was another form of entertainment. It just wouldn’t happen.

FFS even the NRL have done it!

The AFL have got this very wrong and it should be fixed very quickly for the next time it happens.
The fact he is playing creates all sorts of issues I agree. The strong performance didn’t help either.

Any sort of excitement over his performance is going to cause concerns but the commentary felt like more than that. It felt like they were told to pump up the return of a champion or something the way I viewed it. The Bruce hiccup statement felt like some scripted moment they had come up with in anticipation of a good performance.

DeGoey did not just come back from being a hero and getting terrible injuries during a terrorist attack, he came back after he got charged with sexual assault.

I was personally uncomfortable that he is even playing, and he should not be treated as a hero for playing through this.
Were you ? thankfully you have no say in the matter. Now back to your three strikes buddy poster

All you have to do is look at the quote of what Bruce actually said, look at the very last word.....then a quote from Kramer from Seinfeld comes to mind - ddddddddddone

He described De Goey's recent problems as a 'hiccup'. Has since apologised.

Really? Everyone knew what he meant by that. The culture of psychoanalysing every little thing someone says or does needs to end

just to put things into context, the hero worship of degoey was happening long before these allegations were brought against him.

no one is down playing the allegations, but lets not start making it seem like he has already been proven guilty.

His charges - not allegations - are being totally played down by the AFL. Everything else is a product of that.

I get Collingwood supporters want him to play but everybody (not just them) needs to wake up.

He’s been charged with sexually assaulting a woman.

To have him out there dancing under the bright lights is shockingly inappropriate.

The AFL have really ****ed up here.

If you have a problem with him playing, but you still chose to watch him play... you're the one who got things completely wrong tonight, not Ch7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back