Channel 7 and Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m happy for you to disagree. I’m discussing it with you. Happy to keep discussing.

came at you? Really? Mate you’re an admin, surely you understand how a forum works, people can disagree with your posts

Yawn. No really? Because ive been saying that exact thing.

he’s innocent under law. Does that mean a business is forced to do everything you want, if it’s going to damage them?

Everything I want? I simply dont want people being fired for things that have nothing to do with their employment, arent in their employment space or in an area controlled by their employer.

Okay. How about her friends, or family, or his mates? Should they all have to wait until he’s found guilty until they decide if they stay mates with him?
that isn’t generally how the real world operates. If a person or entity is impacting you or someone you know, and it’s impacting you negatively, I’d say action is warranted.

If you take actions without proof, thats up to you. I like my friends.

How is businesses being allowed to take action on employees that are costing them money ‘hive mind’?

Life isn’t segregated. You can’t abuse a clients sister at the coffee shop On your day off, then call it ‘hive mind’ if your boss sacks you when he finds out. Life is interrelated.

Where the hell did all that come from? I wrote that we didnt have to have the same opinion because we arent a hive mind. Youve literally just invented the rest of that argument.

After I read a resume I look the person up to see what they’re like prior to employing them, it’s intelligent.

And i personally think thats none of the employers business, and not something i indulge in.

“twitter blow back” “plague”. You sound hysterical. None of this is evidence of your points. You’re just repeating yourself, in more emotive ways.

look at your own responses.

you’re suggesting businesses have no right to do this, yes?

I never said that. They do have the right to do this, I just disagree with the practice, and I dont do it myself. Ill leave you to invent and infer the rest.

How far does this forcing employers to ignore what employees do outside work carry?

If your employee spends his days off posting about how amazing hitler is, and how everyone’s not white should die, do you need to wait for him to be charged and found guilty prior to getting rid of him?

what about if your apprentice is charged with murder? Do you keep him on while he’s on bail?

EVERYONE will draw a line. No one will allow an employee to publicly do ANY act outside work and not consider it.

And Im emotive? sure.

Not sure what relevance waiting for the legal outcome has here. This is a sporting league where you can be suspended for tripping or swearing at a guy wearing fluorescent yellow. Sticking your middle finger up at the crowd will result in a financial penalty. It’s part of the entertainment business and they make their own rules, particularly regarding image.

Having a guy on sexual assault charges starring in prime time is an awful look. Might as well roll out R. Kelly to front the Black Lives Matter movement.

Yawn. No really? Because ive been saying that exact thing.

Everything I want? I simply dont want people being fired for things that have nothing to do with their employment, arent in their employment space or in an area controlled by their employer.

If you take actions without proof, thats up to you. I like my friends.

Where the hell did all that come from? I wrote that we didnt have to have the same opinion because we arent a hive mind. Youve literally just invented the rest of that argument.

And i personally think thats none of the employers business, and not something i indulge in.

look at your own responses.

I never said that. They do have the right to do this, I just disagree with the practice, and I dont do it myself. Ill leave you to invent and infer the rest.
Okay. So your post wasn’t that OTHER businesses shouldn’t do it? Just that you don’t. Weird way to word it then.

okay I’m getting it now. My responsea to you are “what I should look at” in relation to you claiming “Plenty of peoples lives have been ruined by public, social media, and forum campaigns that turned out to be baseless. Dont sit there and pretend they havent.” You apparently think someone disagreeing with you. On a forum where you are anonymous is what I need to look at as evidence of “a plague of peoples lives being ruined”. Apologies for ruining your life.

Ah. So now you dance around words. I never said ditch your mates ”without proof”. You suggested action shouldn’t be taken until a league system finds them guilty, they’re two completely different things.

so the only thing you look at in an employee is Their resume?
They could be hated by your largest customer because they belted them out at the pub one night, but if they’re not charged you wouldn’t care?

your hive mind comment came off completely different. I wouldn’t really make a hive mind comment because one person disagreed.

so your original point is that ‘your employees can do what they want outside work, and you don’t care, but you don’t expect every business to follow that’? If that’s what you’re getting at, I’ll stop replying, you can run your business as you please.

And Im emotive? sure.
I mean, yes they are. They come across as pissy. I asked for evidence of a plague of people’s lives being ruined by social campaigns and you suggested my posts are evidence of a plague of people destroying lives via social media...

De Goey certainly should not be sacked - he should be stood down (with no fault) from playing on full pay and with any legal, financial and any other assistance he needs from Collingwood.

At the moment he’s a prime time poster child. It’s shocking for the game.
This is so wrong.

You are not the arbiter of what is fair and unfair, true or untrue. Sit down and enjoy De Gooey the beast of a player.

DeGoey did not just come back from being a hero and getting terrible injuries during a terrorist attack, he came back after he got charged with sexual assault.

I was personally uncomfortable that he is even playing, and he should not be treated as a hero for playing through this.

Lol, aren't you the flog that was calling him a rapist in the game thread? Quality Bigfooty moderation 🤣

De Goey certainly should not be sacked - he should be stood down (with no fault) from playing on full pay and with any legal, financial and any other assistance he needs from Collingwood.

At the moment he’s a prime time poster child. It’s shocking for the game.

AFL cleared him if wrongdoing in 2018, why would they stand him down now? They've clearly already made their determination on their incident

AFL cleared him if wrongdoing in 2018, why would they stand him down now? They've clearly already made their determination on their incident
Because the world has got more woke now. Things change. Next week, we won't be able to watch Disney's Aladdin because it depicts an arab in traditional arabic garb.

The dynamic duo of Sir Jordan De Goey and Mason Cox are box office!! The Afl will be nuts to take action against this ratings winner. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way you said that makes it sound like Cox has done something horrible as well, which is not fair to Cox as he seems like a good guy.
You sound very bitter your club culture has been tarnished once again. Im surprised Sydney didnt treat ET like buddy and give more than 3 strikes and then claim mental health

Can’t wait for hero De Goey to kick 5 in a Grand Final and then the next week face court for assaulting a women. The AFL will be hoping Collingwood get bundled out quickly in the finals because otherwise yikes.
HAHAHA , dont worry maybe one day you'll make the finals

You sound very bitter your club culture has been tarnished once again. Im surprised Sydney didnt treat ET like buddy and give more than 3 strikes and then claim mental health

So you are comparing someone possibly taking cocaine to sexual assault? They are not even in the same league of seriousness.

As for Taylor, well he most likely will never be seen in the red and white again. Can you say the same about DeGoey in the black and white?

So you are comparing someone possibly taking cocaine to sexual assault? They are not even in the same league of seriousness.

As for Taylor, well he most likely will never be seen in the red and white again. Can you say the same about DeGoey in the black and white?
No, you are. You chose to dig at Collingwood and dont like it back :)
Again NO, Degoey will play for years in the black and white :)

ET will not and Buddy is finished :)

Not sure what relevance waiting for the legal outcome has here. This is a sporting league where you can be suspended for tripping or swearing at a guy wearing fluorescent yellow. Sticking your middle finger up at the crowd will result in a financial penalty. It’s part of the entertainment business and they make their own rules, particularly regarding image.

Having a guy on sexual assault charges starring in prime time is an awful look. Might as well roll out R. Kelly to front the Black Lives Matter movement.
The difference is players get punished for those relatively minor acts because there is irrefutable video evidence. They are not suspended merely on an unproven allegation of tripping. They get suspended because it is clear and obvious they did it. This is not a matter of suspending him for sexually assaulting someone. You'd be suspending him only for an allegation.

It is a dangerous precedent to set. All of a sudden you'd be opening players up to blackmail if they know they could lose a year or more of their careers based on someone's word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back