Moved Thread Channel 7 Commentary is unwatchable - A alternative suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

**** gossage. biggest bandwagoning silly out. and from my memory he is a saints/demon supporter.

and **** his whinging voice. as if someone ran them over.

I had to listen to it on sen with Gossage,Jacko and someone else.Goss was terrible but at least Jacko was at his best which gave me some laughter:)

I can't believe that people used to abuse the channel 10 team. Hudsen, Blight and Christian were all actually pretty good. Walls and Quartermain were annoying but I would rather listen to them EVERY day of the week over flog BT and flog Darcy. Zemplis and hamish are also woeful. Cometti and Mcavaney get just a pass mark nowadays imo.

As I said in another thread, these guys (well BT at least) will not go anywhere until the ratings nose dive or they say something on air that seriously offends the wrong person who was the pull to get them sacked. I don't know who convinced who, but BT has either been told to play to the "Aussie Bogan" demographic or he has convinced his bosses that his style is what people like to hear. Its blatantly obvious that his lack of basic commentary skills are being more exposed as the games go on, even clubs themselves are pissed at his stupid comments.

Don't you guys have Foxtel? It's a BT free zone.
Sadly, you are VERY wrong. Foxtel takes the Ch 7 feed, including commentry three games per round.
There is absolutely no way of getting away from these morons without using radio commentary that is out of sync with the vision.
Have been lobbying Fox Footy to use their own commentators, & take the vision only from Ch 7. I strongly object to paying for Ch 7's substandard vision & commentary. I got Foxtel to get away from FTA crap, unfortunately I'm still lumbered with it during the Footy season.

Leaping Larry has his say on the commentators, amongst other things. :D

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stand-down-everyone--just-in-case-20130628-2p2ww.html

"■Apart from the three or so thoroughly unassuming guys the ABC lobbed out at Scuba Stadium for a Giants game the other week, just about every crew calling an AFL match on TV or radio - at least within the confines of the wild kingdom inside their own heads - are now apparently designated more important than the football match they are calling. And while this is undoubtedly, and depressingly, one of Australian industry's most burgeoning growth areas, it may be argued that nobody - and this means NOBODY - has shown the way in a more life-crushingly emphatic fashion than Brian Taylor's "Morning Zoo Crew on Saturday Evening" team over at Rancho Seven."

A couple of weeks back the Friday night team lost their in booth pc that force feeds them stats and trivia. It was down for 5 minutes or so, which led Dennis to call the game as it unfolded. It was absolute bliss.

Of course, once it came back online they had a backlog of "interesting" facts to spew out, so it quickly became hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back