Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

gordo2016

Club Legend
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Love how people want to shit on Channel 7 so much, they’re now complaining about Mitchell and Lane :rolleyes:

The coverage is so much better than 9. Yes Slats isn’t ideal at all, but both stations have their downsides. Talking crap about Mitchell and Lane is baffling, to say the least - IMO at the least on par with Isa, who everybody seems to froth over
Anyone who has breath in them would be frothing over Isa. She's smart, played the game at the highest level and asks intelligent questions to the test legends sitting alongside her. I don't mind Lane and Alison at all but Slater, McGrath and Fleming having nothing to offer and spoil the 7 coverage for me. Isa has everything to offer and I would rather pay for fox then watch 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
To be honest Slats is much more suited to BBL than to the tests, one thing that he can do is build excitement (similar to Howie in a way)

They should make him a permanent BBL caller

AFL Club
GWS
First game watching the bbl on 7. Graphics and scorebug look as cheap and pathetic as expected. Slater with his fake excitement and over the top commentary is nauseating. Already missing the channel 10 boys who had a natural feel for the bbl vibe and good chemistry. Going to be a long season! :(

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak
First game watching the bbl on 7. Graphics and scorebug look as cheap and pathetic as expected. Slater with his fake excitement and over the top commentary is nauseating. Already missing the channel 10 boys who had a natural feel for the bbl vibe and good chemistry. Going to be a long season! :(
commentary is a problem but do we need the commentators to grab us and lift us to enormous heights..

just watching is enough.. surely.

Deathray

Team Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
10 Minutes into the BBL coverage and I'm already sick to death of the phrase 'Bash Brothers'

For the record, these are the Bash Brothers - Mark McGwire (left) and Jose Canseco, from the Oakland Athletics.

View attachment 596943
Thanks for alerting us to the fact that Americans thought of first and applied it to a juicefreak and his compadre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thanks for alerting us to the fact that Americans thought of first and applied it to a juicefreak and his compadre.
ooh don't palm it off on someone else.. just well.. keep on going and then the audience will ...

troybe

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Slater getting an absolute pasting on twitter about his commentary. Most people just saying he should **** off. One ******* went so far as to say he'd prefer BT or Basil, must've had a few cones before posting

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Slats will be horse the way he's going off whenever the Heat appeal.
riding the pony wasn't quite what I meant but if it works...

charging all full frontal and raising the flag... there are a few things to deal with...

Bomberboyokay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
West Ham, New York Rangers
To be honest Slats is much more suited to BBL than to the tests, one thing that he can do is build excitement (similar to Howie in a way)

They should make him a permanent BBL caller
**** off he needs to fade out with test cricket.

eltrain

Senior List
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MVFC, Everton, Red Sox, Bruins
Ponting is an absolute pleasure to listen to. His tactical analysis in these T20s is second to none. Blewett is also quite astute and provides great input. Slater though. **** me dead I don’t think I’ve ever heard a worse individual commentary performance than his tonight. Half the posts in the match thread were complaints about Slater’s commentary ffs. He’s going to turn a lot of casual viewers off if Seven don’t reign him in.

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ponting is an absolute pleasure to listen to. His tactical analysis in these T20s is second to none. Blewett is also quite astute and provides great input. Slater though. **** me dead I don’t think I’ve ever heard a worse individual commentary performance than his tonight. Half the posts in the match thread were complaints about Slater’s commentary ffs. He’s going to turn a lot of casual viewers off if Seven don’t reign him in.
is that you... mr jb.. tack your jib my way...

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
**** off he needs to fade out with test cricket.
Fade out with test cricket? Seriously?

His tendency to move away from what’s going on in the game into little annoying conversations and inability to shut up is the opposite of what we need in the test matches, leave that to Punter, Blewett, Katich etc. At least in the BBL he livens things up a bit, even if his style gets tedious

Top Bottom