Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

eltrain

Senior List
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MVFC, Everton, Red Sox, Bruins
Fade out with test cricket? Seriously?

His tendency to move away from what’s going on in the game into little annoying conversations and inability to shut up is the opposite of what we need in the test matches, leave that to Punter, Blewett, Katich etc. At least in the BBL he livens things up a bit, even if his style gets tedious
Screaming like an idiot, laughing at his own shit jokes and talking non stop isn’t livening things up for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak
elevating everything with the perfect commentary is dubious and people can dock your pay with a second version of your best work..

the ex players they have are good flem.. punter, jb.. and so on.. we don't need any more and we certainly don't need a memory train.

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak
I’d certainly prefer the above traits in BBL than in the calmer environment of test cricket
and this is why the perfectionists are looking to a level playing field.. however, the bbleage is good enough for those who want to burn the candle at both ends.

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter Moderator #355
Anyone who has breath in them would be frothing over Isa. She's smart, played the game at the highest level and asks intelligent questions to the test legends sitting alongside her. I don't mind Lane and Alison at all but Slater, McGrath and Fleming having nothing to offer and spoil the 7 coverage for me. Isa has everything to offer and I would rather pay for fox then watch 7.
could listen to her talk cricket all day

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I feel dirty saying it but I reckon I'd love to hear Bruce commentate the Boxing Day test. Just one test. Imagine the fawning over VIIIRRRRAAAAAATTTT.
You just get the feeling Australia need a wicket here, don't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBoyleSuperstar

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Slater is back tonight...they’d better have tapped him on the shoulder that he’s annoying the entire viewership
Doesn't seem so. Bloody annoying commentator.
Annoying we lost ch 10s commentary team. They were great

Top Bottom