Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamingja

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
They have to be the unfunniest guys of all time.

I saw them do an interview on Sunrise a few weeks back where they had clearly paid for the air time.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few dollars changed hands again.

AFL Club
GWS
Just watching the Renegades v Strikers game on 7. So boring I keep falling asleep just about every over. 7 have ruined bbl coverage on free to air tv. Wouldn't be suprised if BBL ratings start to take a dive, the poor commentary teams (even with Ponting and other mainstays) as well as there terrible graphics have ruined what was a good tv attraction due to what 10 did. Channel 10 made the bbl what it is and now 7 have basically destroyed it.

eddiesmith

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England Cronulla
Just watching the Renegades v Strikers game on 7. So boring I keep falling asleep just about every over. 7 have ruined bbl coverage on free to air tv. Wouldn't be suprised if BBL ratings start to take a dive, the poor commentary teams (even with Ponting and other mainstays) as well as there terrible graphics have ruined what was a good tv attraction due to what 10 did. Channel 10 made the bbl what it is and now 7 have basically destroyed it.
Got nothing to do with 7, it’s the BBL is shit this year and it goes even longer than ever...

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
Don’t know what the biggest mystery of the summer is, why Marnus Labuschagne is batting at 3 or how James Brayshaw has a job
Where is Abbey Gelmi is a bigger mystery than both. She was on the early WBBL, she was in Adelaide, she's been at a few BBL games where she's gotten a total of about 2 minutes camera time... She might as well be Amelia Earhart.

Agent93

Ninety Three
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Since I'm pretty far away from the work TV, I can't tell for sure, but it looked like C7 played a minute long highlights package of one catch (that happened about 30 min ago) from several different angles and speeds.

Why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
Since I'm pretty far away from the work TV, I can't tell for sure, but it looked like C7 played a minute long highlights package of one catch (that happened about 30 min ago) from several different angles and speeds.

Why?
I'm wondering what it must be like for people at work, watching without sound, who are wondering what the **** channel 7's obsession with fist bumps is. Seriously 4 different conversations about it today with commentators saying "I'm too cool for that", to them having just gone back to the archive's to show Viv Richards fist bumping.

The ****?

Well that kind of breaks my heart a little :'(

Last edited:

reubski23

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Patriots & Bulls
Don’t know what the biggest mystery of the summer is, why Marnus Labuschagne is batting at 3 or how James Brayshaw has a job
1. the cage number 1 rated show
2. any given Sunday number 1 rated show
3. The footy show killed it when he hosted
4. Triple M football heads and shoulders above the rest
5. Commented for years on ING cup then internationals on 9 after averaging 42 in First Class cricket

I don’t know mate I think his resume speaks for itself

Carbine Chaos

Jubilant Masto
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, Delhi, Perth
Weird thing to get upset over, and he is a cult figure among Indian fans at this point.
Not to mention every Aus fan I know loved the photo taken with Paine's wife. Not sure what the complaint is about JB's statement. People just like complaining about the commentary teams even when they're on the money, I guess.

baz_machine

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Slats infecting Alison and Ed for an whole over about not having a pool and wanting to know if he could borrow some budgie smugglers from Cowan.

All off the back of a "classic" catch of a.kid diving into a pool.

Top Bottom